• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp is fucking deflated. He expected her to be like

"FUCK YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY E-MAIL OFFICE YOU WORTHLESS MOUNTAIN GOAT!"

But instead she was like "k bye sweetie! Gl hf wp"

Lol. Pretty much. I was even thinking to myself "If she gets pissed enough and is like 'No, you don't even get to finish up two weeks! I don't want to ever see you again' I'll get to have a couple weeks off before starting my new job, which would be sweeeet."

But nah, I let her down as easily as possible and did the whole "It's not you, it's me" thing to make sure she didn't get too upset. Haha

How does that work though? Do you just throw a book at them and some money and they draw for you?

Most artists in artist alley take a list for the day or weekend, so it's best to hit them up early. Prices vary all over the place, from simple head sketches to full-body colored pieces with backgrounds. You also don't have to have a sketchbook or blank variant comic cover, almost all of them have their own cardstock but I like getting art enough that it's nice to have them all in one place (and it's fun to have a consistent theme imo). The drawback with the sketchbook is that i have to kinda work around it in addition to artists' availability to draw in it (since of course only one person can have it at a time).

Very true! I was looking through pages on Saturday and they had some X-Statix ones for $200, which was crazy. I considered getting one, but i had to set some kinda limit

here are the ones I can pull up on the internet rn

Cable by Chris Burnham

Cyclops by Steve Lieber

Captain Commando by Jeff "Chamba" Cruz

Shuma-Gorath by Jonathan La Mantia

Very nice,, I randomly got a quick sketch from Jonathan La Mantia,, had no idea who he was just had some cool looking art..
I also have no idea what the sketch is of,,, lol
04h4OM1.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Magneto442px.jpg

Magneto is legitimately wearing purple depends. Now we know why they never draw him or basically any of the other Male 90s X-Men on the toilet; it's because they're constantly crapping themselves and we don't even know it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Very true! I was looking through pages on Saturday and they had some X-Statix ones for $200, which was crazy. I considered getting one, but i had to set some kinda limit

Cable by Chris Burnham

Cyclops by Steve Lieber

That Cyclops is GREAT! Cable's pretty sweet too.

I remember the first time I saw Shuma-Gorath is was in Marvel Vs Capcom, and I had no idea which side he was from.

Kipp

Very nice,, I randomly got a quick sketch from Jonathan La Mantia,, had no idea who he was just had some cool looking art..

La Mantia's stuff was so cool.

OH, that reminds me! TIM, I saw those insane Heavy Metal prints in the flesh and they were GLORIOUS. Let me know when you get my $3000 Paypal.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
nigga still aint post them Kipp/Slug shots, we aint never gon see anything like anything from him

If you guys wanna see an amazing con sketch, get Filthy to post his Burnham Batman. I've literally never seen anything like it

I feel like an asshole, but my old HTC 1 is seriously fucked, and just trying to turn it on again is a chore. I'm gonna fuck around with it some more, and I promise I'll get at least one of those purple shots up here.

And yo, for context, I ran over to Burnham's booth at the beginning of NYCC two years back, opened up a brand new sketch book in front of him, and asked him if he'd be my first sketch, in my first sketch book:
rxjPF9f.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whatever happened to Maverick? Dude with the faceplate.
Wasn't he one of those kinectic energy absorbers?

I dont remember that guy at all o_O

to be fair, short little adamantium filled hairy guys and psyonic asian-british ninjas ARE hard to replace

I miss Jim Lee on the X-Men :( He's a big shot at DC these days right?

frye

Cable by Chris Burnham

Cyclops by Steve Lieber

That's a good ass Cable dude

Kipp

I feel like an asshole, but my old HTC 1 is seriously fucked, and just trying to turn it on again is a chore. I'm gonna fuck around with it some more, and I promise I'll get at least one of those purple shots up here.

And yo, for context, I ran over to Burnham's booth at the beginning of NYCC two years back, opened up a brand new sketch book in front of him, and asked him if he'd be my first sketch, in my first sketch book:

Lol. Don't feel too bad if you can't get the photo. I'm just messing with you mostly. :p

And lol. That Burnham sketch is truly his best work.
But it actually is really cool for just a super quick sketch.

tim1138

rxjPF9f.png

:mjcry:

It... it's beautiful

ahaha, yeah I hadn't really heard of him before this past week but as soon as i saw his stuff i knew who he'd be perfect for

Owzers

if i got a commission from someone i feel like they would draw me a smiley face and i'd be jealous of all the cool stuff i see elsewhere.

Man, wanted to post again how horrible season 5 of Community is and then I came to the GI Joe Episode. Wtf :D

Fuck them how they doctor on legendary origins.
Just fuck them.

We google translate now.

Which is to say,

The International Social Security Association, the (g) (h) the technical assistance of the t andna traduzzjoni "Google" "

(TIL that Bing Translate does not handle translating to and from Traditional Chinese very well.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
We google translate now.

Which is to say,

The International Social Security Association, the (g) (h) the technical assistance of the t andna traduzzjoni "Google" "

(TIL that Bing Translate does not handle translating to and from Traditional Chinese very well.)
... Eh, what?

styl3s

You are all dead to me for not telling me about this Batman/TMNT team up 6 part mini series that's coming.
DC Comics and IDW Publishing are teaming up for a six-issue miniseries kicking off in November starring two of their biggest superhero properties: Batman and the Heroes in a Half Shell. Sure, he's fought the crocodile monster living in the sewers and mutated Man-Bats, but can he team up with the Turtles from underground, too?

In the simply titled Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, jointly published by the two companies, the TMNT and their villain Shredder get transported to an alternate universe by General Krang. Here, in Gotham City, they meet Batman and clash with a series of his famous Rogue's Gallery while attempting to find their way home. James Tynion IV will write the series, with Freddie E. Williams II on art. TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman (and others) will provide variant covers.

This is probably the closest fans will get to a "Batman/Daredevil" crossover that was teased to no fruition a few years ago at various conventions. The TMNT originally started out as a parody of Daredevil, with their origin initially stemming from the same chemical that burned a young hero's eyes, then pouring into the sewer. Where Daredevil fought the ninja clan known as the Hand, the Turtles fought the Foot clan. Daredevil was trained by Stick, the Turtles trained by Splinter.

Tynion says that the book is "a fanboy dream come true," and loves looking at "the world of Batman through new eyes" in a press release. Stay tuned for more on this crossover as it approaches its November 2015 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom