• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For $250 Burnham would give you one hell of a sketch. I mean shit...$250 basically covers your full body Quinones sketch.

For $250 you could get 10 sketches from that one guy Bii got incredible drawings from.

Speaking of Bii and sketches, he was saying his friend has a sketchbook of writers doing the sketches. Pretty amazing idea. Haha

$250? I'm still pricing my shit like it's 2008 and everybody is struggling

For 250 I'd do like 5 illustrations and a handy

Maybe

Check your Paypal

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
$250? I'm still pricing my shit like it's 2008 and everybody is struggling

For 250 I'd do like 5 illustrations and a handy

Maybe

Hey Ed, can you send over that paypal invoice for my Dick Grayson x Midnighter yaoi commission? Thanks!

Owzers

I'm going to try to watch Humans on demand through Comcast, it did look interesting.

Wayward Pines!

You know what's not that good? Scream on MTV....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Time for some more Fear Itself

Nobody cares I know

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yoooooooooo

Avengers during this time was drawn by Bachalo and nobody told me?

Shame. Shame on this thread.

Owzers

has anyone tried Playstation Vue? Allegedly there is a 30 day free trial for the first time you start the app, i could watch showttttttime Homeland

Rhaknar

well I can't figure out this new Star Wars MU release schedule. Of course Marvel never says anything about their MU releases that I can find.

Oh thanks for reminding me today is update day. I guess no Star Wars again...liar!

Boogiepop

Oh man. New Happle Tea already? And it's a great one again:

07-10-2015.jpg

Seriously, if you haven't read through this webcomic yet, do so. And then join me in lamenting how rarely it updates.

Also, almost through Annihilation: Conquest, and I'm enjoying it much more than I did Annihilation. I'll discuss it more when I'm done!

Rhaknar

Look at the dates of books they release. They're all over the map now. I'm not sure what they're up to

Yeah you're right. Hell I'm SURE that Uncanny Avengers relaunch was after star wars. In fact that Uncanny Avengers relaunch seems to have gone up quote fast.

Anyway good update this week

Check your Paypal
I see you decided to add your own 40% discount...

Speaking of Bii and sketches, he was saying his friend has a sketchbook of writers doing the sketches. Pretty amazing idea. Haha
I might try this but with artists and ask them to write little poems

Hey Ed, can you send over that paypal invoice for my Dick Grayson x Midnighter yaoi commission? Thanks!
Sure thing

Ill send over an invoice later for your 'A Taste of Dick' commission

Pm if willing to do handy for 20
I don't touch people that have been in Florida

sorry

try again when Im more desparate

I ripped you off bro. How's it feel?
It feels like when I read a Mark Millar comic

I have an irrational love of people name-dropping the title of the movie in a scene. Even when its forced. ESPECIALLY when its forced.

Can't wait for a reporter to tell us the chaos in Gotham is an event she's calling, "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

YOU GOT A REAL HAWK-EYE THERE

LegendX48

Anyone here read Captain Marvel? Just finished up Vol. 2 Stay Fly and was wondering if anyone else thought the whole
Santa Claus thing
at the end of issue 11 was incredibly stupid?

Also, read through the first volume of Gail Simone's Batgirl run, some good stuff there though the 2nd villain is just random and weird lol

Messi

Anyone here read Captain Marvel? Just finished up Vol. 2 Stay Fly and was wondering if anyone else thought the whole
Santa Claus thing
at the end of issue 11 was incredibly stupid?

Also, read through the first volume of Gail Simone's Batgirl run, some good stuff there though the 2nd villain is just random and weird lol

I thought it was fun tbh.

Owzers

I'm all caught up on East of West, read issue 1 again and then 2-19 in just a few days. Reading comics, who knew such a thing were possible? I love the world but i still don't like "the message and the word", Dragotta brings the book to life and I like the pacing of the story but it still feels a little disjointed. I'm trying to find a page that doesn't spoil things but shows off the colorful misery of the book and i'm failing. Here's a sample of the style, it's actually quite colorful.

There are seven-ish nations and each one has a Chosen member that believes in this whole Message thing and as believers they are trying to push forward this interpretation into the Apocalypse. Death follows. Definite recommendation even if i don't loveeeee the book, it's more interesting than structurally sound and I'd like to keep reading now if I had more. Random 8/10, buy the OHC that's half off at IST and blame Messi if you don't like it, he is in America after all.

Messi

I'm all caught up on East of West, read issue 1 again and then 2-19 in just a few days. Reading comics, who knew such a thing were possible? I love the world but i still don't like "the message and the word", Dragotta brings the book to life and I like the pacing of the story but it still feels a little disjointed. I'm trying to find a page that doesn't spoil things but shows off the colorful misery of the book and i'm failing. Here's a sample of the style, it's actually quite colorful.

There are seven-ish nations and each one has a Chosen member that believes in this whole Message thing and as believers they are trying to push forward this interpretation into the Apocalypse. Death follows. Definite recommendation even if i don't loveeeee the book, it's more interesting than structurally sound and I'd like to keep reading now if I had more. Random 8/10, buy the OHC that's half off at IST and blame Messi if you don't like it, he is in America after all.

Would you believe me if I said that I have read East of West?

Ye gods, the dialogue in Wolverine: Weapon X is gloriously wretched. Reminds me a bit of Superman For Tomorrow, for some reason. Same tryhard tone.

Messi, I don't know if you saw my post earlier, but Dr. Mirage is good. You should check it out. I'm not sure if it's your style, but it's a really solid title with fantastic art.

Didn't you say it was the only bad Valiant title?

Messi

Messi, I don't know if you saw my post earlier, but Dr. Mirage is good. You should check it out. I'm not sure if it's your style, but it's a really solid title with fantastic art.

Yeah I seen your post. The store here didn't have a single valiant book. Fucking Florida man.

Looks as good as I'd hoped. Now let's hope the movie matches my feelings on the trailer.

He looks like Killer Croc.

I took it more as "If you're gonna leak the damn trailer, at least have it look good. We worked on that and we don't need your potato-ass promotional capabilities. Sheeeeeeeet"

Exactly.

Harley v Nightwing: Dawn of Justice

Truth, though El Diablo's powers are magical as well, I believe.

I actually have never heard of El Diablo until the cast was revealed a few months back. I'm reading through Ostrander's squad right now so may he'll pop up. The movie trailer gave me the impression that it was grounded but holy shit things will be going down in that film
those soldier pictures from the set
. It's got a very chronicle-y feel to it.
I think the magic will be low key until the final act, I'm thinking June Moone is going to lose control

That WB response looks like comic con board appeasing. They totally were going to release the trailer regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom