• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkham Knight is an amazing love letter to Batman that Rocksteady was so in to, that they forgot to make a game out of it.

Arkham Origins is better than Arkham Knight.

Calcium

Banned
Arkham Knight is an amazing love letter to Batman that Rocksteady was so in to, that they forgot to make a game out of it.

Arkham Origins is better than Arkham Knight.

I fell off playing that game. I think I'm like ~10% done. I just don't like the Batmobile segments and the game telling me that I have to do things like drive it up onto rooftops (makes perfect sense) to do stuff Batman should be capable of doing without a car just irks me. I'll finish it eventually, but I have no desire to do so at the moment.

Owzers

Rocksteady liked stealth takedowns so much they decided the batmobile would have to sneak up on tanks. When the game was telling me what to do i was like " are you messing with me?" That and i'm so used to playing Witcher 3 and bloodborne and dodging/rolling around that i end up punching air and jumping to nowhere in batman, i'm finding it hard to go back to that combat system.

Zombine

Banned
I fell off playing that game. I think I'm like ~10% done. I just don't like the Batmobile segments and the game telling me that I have to do things like drive it up onto rooftops (makes perfect sense) to do stuff Batman should be capable of doing without a car just irks me. I'll finish it eventually, but I have no desire to do so at the moment.

This is literally the exact same situation that I'm in.

Arkham Origins is straight butt cheeks

babu-finger-wag1-1.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fear Itself tie ins!

Avengers #13 - loved this issue, Nothing actually happen but I thought the various interviews with the Avengers about all the shit they had been through during that time (aka all the yearly events) were funny. And Bachalo's art is as always god tier. Super fun issue.

Herc #3 - waste of time. Super bland book with Hercules living in Brooklyn but not actually talking like Hercules so half the fun of the character is gone. A bunch of D listers that escaped from The Raft when Juggy got his hammer ransack Brooklyn and I dont care. At all.

Thunderbolts #158 - Speaking of Juggy getting his hammer, this shows the perspective from the Raft where the Thunderbolts are busy with a zombie attack (lol?) and they miss Juggy going Thule-a powered and blowing up the raft. Love the art and love the weird ass team (Boomerang, Shocker, dat Superior Foes rep, also Man Thing, Ghost, Satana... yeah it's a weird team), actually curious about this Bolts period outside just the tie ins.

Zombine

Banned
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Arkham Knight was a pretty great car combat game.

Granted, I'm having a gigantic issue where I buy games and just don't want to play them. I get too hung up on certain things to the point where I probably shouldn't buy many single player games. I'm more into titles like Smite, LoL, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, H1Z1, Destiny, Borderlands 2, Halo, ect.

I very much so have that PC gamer mindset where it's about quality not quantity.

Origins never had a "Game of the Year" complete release, did it? I'd probably pick that up on the cheap just to try it even though I was dissatisfied with City.

Granted, I'm having a gigantic issue where I buy games and just don't want to play them. I get too hung up on certain things to the point where I probably shouldn't buy many single player games. I'm more into titles like Smite, LoL, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, H1Z1, Destiny, Borderlands 2, Halo, ect.

I very much so have that PC gamer mindset where it's about quality not quantity.

I used to always be on the lookout for a new game as soon as I finished the last one, but nowadays I usually just wait for the ones that I'm genuinely interested in, or something I'd been meaning to play but never got around too. Case-in-point, I'm just now playing Telltale's Game of Thrones. I also kind of want to get the God of War III remaster tomorrow, but $40 for an HD remake is pretty lol.

Zombine

Banned
I used to always be on the lookout for a new game as soon as I finished the last one, but nowadays I usually just wait for the ones that I'm genuinely interested in, or something I'd been meaning to play but never got around too. Case-in-point, I'm just now playing Telltale's Game of Thrones. I also kind of want to get the God of War III remaster tomorrow, but $40 for an HD remake is pretty lol.

Is that tomorrow? I want that but I have so many I played games it's a waste.

Malekith arc was fun, like a D&D adventure starring Thor and a motley band of fantasy heroes. And, the ending plays into future arcs and Aaron's long game that's still going on.

Hmm....where did I put that list?

It's an exaggeration, but there's a lot of stuff I just dislike about AK.

-AR challenges. I loved arenas in the first 3 games, and then they did this. I don't know why, and I don't like it.
-Riddler missions have never been more poorly done and I am so sick of them. I hate them at this point, I truly do. They should have just had the Catwoman side mission and be done. That mission line was super fun. The rest is just terrible. Had it just been Catwoman, I would probably like this game a great deal more.
-Batmobile stealth sequences.
-AO had better boss battles by far and I really liked the challenge missions and the story.

All I could think whilst playing AK was "man, I really love Arkham City."

That's not good. I'll finish the Riddler missions, and do any of the side episodes (Harley, Red Hood, Batgirl, etc) but then I'm done. I probably won't go back to this game, and it's because of Riddler and the Batmobile. Seriously. Granted, there are a lot of really fun and enjoyable moments of this game, but the Riddler and the heavy Batmobile push take a lot out of me and makes the game significantly less enjoyable.

That being said, it did undo the damage AO had done to me by rekindling my love for Batman. I now want to read Batman stories again.

I never played Origins, but I find it pretty impressive that a game can make someone lose interest in an iconic character.

At the time it had come out, I had gotten sick of WB's hard push for Batman. It seemed like way too much Batman stuff had come out, and AO burned me out. It's not solely AO's fault, it just happened to be the straw that broke my camel back

Owzers

I find it hard to buy OHCs of ongoings that i'm currently reading, this is mainly due to having 7 volumes of Invincible and not wanting to rebuy them in OHC anymore after reading the floppies even though i like the series. So far the one i'm leaning towards is Manhattan Projects is because that's practically over and i liked the first 25 issues a lot.

Isak_Borg

Yup fully agree with this.

The Batmobile ruined that game

Batmobile is the worst thing to happen to that franchise.

Finished it in one day and have no interest in touching it again because of the ridic tank BS.

Edit: osjedi is my gametag for PSN and X1 if anyone wants to add me.

Isak_Borg

I find it hard to buy OHCs of ongoings that i'm currently reading, this is mainly due to having 7 volumes of Invincible and not wanting to rebuy them in OHC anymore after reading the floppies even though i like the series. So far the one i'm leaning towards is Manhattan Projects is because that's practically over and i liked the first 25 issues a lot.

Manhattan Projects is fucking amazing and you need to read it ASAP!

I don't dislike the Batmobile: I dislike the frequency and saturation of it. The stealth sequences are awful, and the fact that the
Deathstroke
fight is a tank fight is the dumbest bullshit ever. The racing challenges and combat sections are fun. Some of the puzzle solving is really creative, but fuck literally all the rest.

THERE'S TOO MUCH.

In comics news, I've been reading Lemire's Green Arrow run. Really digging it.

and the completely evil bog standard human CEO legit tried to have a go at Logan with a bowie knife.

5wghxJj.jpg

welp, shit arc is over. Here's hoping you're correct, ed.

haha yeah

Im not sure who that artist is in the page you've posted

but it shows the same problems that I see in a lot of capes comics in that the characters rarely seem to be actually expressing what they're saying

that guy should have a shit eating grin as he's saying 'I'm so turned on right now, I can hardly stand it.'

as stoic as he is drawn, he could be saying any hundred of other things.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wasn't there a miniseries by that same name?
Yes, kinda. Hellboy and the BPRD: 1952.

There's a few oneshots coming under the 1953 header later this year, and then from what I gather this will be an ongoing version beginning in February.

Owzers

i think i'm returning Arkham Knight to gamefly without finishing it, i've seen enough. I just got to the (midgame spoiler maybe? )
Harley segment where she gets inside the theater
That's far-ish?

Owzers

Why bother. He'll hate it anyway

I really like some parts of the story so far, namely
Joker popping up everywhere, i like how the sidequests are in the city like the speaker killer things and the bat guy who scared me when i first saw him. What happened to Oracle was a kick to the side of the leg.
I just don't like playing the game. Hey, i should read comics or something! Those have stories.

ElNarez

Banned
holy fuck that Suicide Squad trailer

they're fucking doing it, they're making literally my favorite team into a movie

holy fuck viola davis as waller is just PERF god damn

they're doing it it's happening

Owzers

Redbox is going to have It Follows and Ex Machina this week. The last two movies i saw were 5 minutes of Jupiter Ascending and some Sundown in Texas horror movie. I deserve these new releases.

Redbox is going to have It Follows and Ex Machina this week. The last two movies i saw were 5 minutes of Jupiter Ascending and some Sundown in Texas horror movie. I deserve these new releases.

it follows is a cool little john carpenter homage about STD's

and ex machina is one of the best movies of the year. enjoy man.

Slixshot

Banned
Hi!! Never really read comics up until right before Arkham Knight came out on PS4. Decided to read a few volumes of Batman. Read through Volumes 1-5 of the new 52, but heard that volume 6 is kinda a jumbled mess if you don't read any other related comics (Batman inc and such). But now I'm in the mood for more! Where should I begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom