• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Would you believe me if I said that I have read East of West?

maybe....probably, you have been mentioning you've purchased a lot of non-girly-hijnx books lately. Did you like it? It took me a few issues to get into it since it kinda dropped the world on you.

LegendX48

I thought it was fun tbh.

the whole thing was completely out of left field, as was the whole thing with
Lila Cheney and the wedding and rhyming planet
though that was sort of fun in a dumb way. I think I should probably just abandon DeConnick's stuff. Too much power puff fluff for me >.>

Like, seriously

One page, Logan sez "seems every few months now, somebody else is setting up some labs, looking to build the perfect killing machine. That's usually when i show up... and remind them that they already did."

following page: "dead dogs. all gutted and hacked to bits. and i know what kinda beast it was that done this to 'em... cause i got one just like it inside a' me".

following page: "it took just one of these bunches of tubes and wires to turn me into weapon x, the deadliest assassin the world has ever known".

Aaron. Aaron plz. wtf r u doin?

Like, seriously

One page, Logan sez "seems every few months now, somebody else is setting up some labs, looking to build the perfect killing machine. That's usually when i show up... and remind them that they already did."

this is amazing Wolverine monologue narration what are you on about

amazingnarration.jpg

what a badass

this is amazing Wolverine monologue narration what are you on about

One of these per issue? Sure, i can take Logan masturbating to his own ego for a bit.
THREE in the same ish, and one right after the other? Dude, trying too hard.

Also i just ran into the dude saying that he has bullets that release 30+ kinds of cancer.

Writer's taking the piss. Is the only explanation.

Messi

maybe....probably, you have been mentioning you've purchased a lot of non-girly-hijnx books lately. Did you like it? It took me a few issues to get into it since it kinda dropped the world on you.

The secret here is that I buy and read way more than I talk about. I found it hard to get into at first because of how the world is being built out but I had a fairly good handle on it by the end of the first trade. Good series with great art.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Messi, I don't know if you saw my post earlier, but Dr. Mirage is good. You should check it out. I'm not sure if it's your style, but it's a really solid title with fantastic art.

i was thinkin of copping that & Divinity - any harm of reading them earlier in the Valiant timeline? from what i hear they are unrelated to the X-O/Bloodshot/Harbinger stuff.

Also, you know how Wolverine claws go SNIKT. Well laser claws by these Weapon X guys go ZNIKT and they glow green, because of course they fuckin' do.

Can't get down with that, we just cant be in a serious relationship

oh yeah, I remember looking that place up. Never went though.

It was still like a 30 min drive from Hialeah Gardens where I lived. :/
Yeah there's actually another shop right down the road from it too but I've never been. My brother told me all the nerds go to that one so I just never went lol

Hialeah is a bit of a drive so I don't blame you. I live in Tamarac so it's a really quick drive for me.
Does Messi come to America just for the comic shops?

Yes

Messi

the whole thing was completely out of left field, as was the whole thing with
Lila Cheney and the wedding and rhyming planet
though that was sort of fun in a dumb way. I think I should probably just abandon DeConnick's stuff. Too much power puff fluff for me >.>

Yeah this point in the series is not for you. I loved the
wedding issue

Does Messi come to America just for the comic shops?

I come for the trash food and the sun

Also, you know how Wolverine claws go SNIKT. Well laser claws by these Weapon X guys go ZNIKT and they glow green, because of course they fuckin' do.

Can't get down with that, we just cant be in a serious relationship

Lawd above, you ain't joking.

Also gotta admire how they spend two huge ass frames showing a spider in the middle of her web on half a bloody page when logan heads for the woods to lie in wait for them. Much subtle. Very foreboding. Wow.

One of these per issue? Sure, i can take Logan masturbating to his own ego for a bit.
THREE in the same ish, and one right after the other? Dude, trying too hard.

Also i just ran into the dude saying that he has bullets that release 30+ kinds of cancer.

Writer's taking the piss. Is the only explanation.

That's not taking the piss

Now Garth Ennis Wolverine?

Wolverine+Babbling.jpg

1431819-sniktjoke2.jpg

1431817-sniktjoke1.jpg

THAT'S TAKING THE FUCKING PISS

i was thinkin of copping that & Divinity - any harm of reading them earlier in the Valiant timeline? from what i hear they are unrelated to the X-O/Bloodshot/Harbinger stuff.

They are almost completely unrelated. I think Dr. Mirage gets her first introduction in the new Valiant universe in Shadowman, but she has a small cameo at best. Her miniseries is very self-contained. Can't speak on Divinity, but I have the TPB preordered, so I'm planning on just reading that straight away when it's released.

Like, seriously

following page: "dead dogs. all gutted and hacked to bits. and i know what kinda beast it was that done this to 'em... cause i got one just like it inside a' me".

following page: "it took just one of these bunches of tubes and wires to turn me into weapon x, the deadliest assassin the world has ever known".

Aaron. Aaron plz. wtf r u doin?

That run is pretty well received but I cannot get into Aaron's Wolverine run. I partially blame it on Garney. The narration was definitely not hitting for me either. Kind of like Remender's some times

That Yannick Paquette arc is pretty good tho

Finally got around to reading that Afterlife with Archie trade. This is some of the best zombie fiction I've ever read. Francavillia has some of the best art on the medium, but that's old news; still, there are some fantastic panels here.

They really got the waterworks going when
Vegas jumped out and saved Archie. man dog deaths get me harder than human deaths, but I can't say they were being cheap; this was incredibly well done.

Finally got around to reading that Afterlife with Archie trade. This is some of the best zombie fiction I've ever read. Francavillia has some of the best art on the medium, but that's old news; still, there are some fantastic panels here.

I think genre is very important to his art, though. He did an issue of Bendis Guardians and blech. Orange and purple is not a good palette for cosmic books.

I actually have never heard of El Diablo until the cast was revealed a few months back. I'm reading through Ostrander's squad right now so may he'll pop up. The movie trailer gave me the impression that it was grounded but holy shit things will be going down in that film
those soldier pictures from the set
. It's got a very chronicle-y feel to it.
I think the magic will be low key until the final act, I'm thinking June Moone is going to lose control

That WB response looks like comic con board appeasing. They totally were going to release the trailer regardless.

It seems like they're pulling a good amount from New 52 SS, though I'm mostly basing that on the type of Harley they're using, plus El Diablo.

No King Shark hurts, though. Better than Killer Croc.

not really feeling this guys style. his inkwork is excellent however.

more importantly, an oversized Black Science omni is coming in November

On issue 11 of Thor: God of Thunder. It's starting to collapse in on itself a bit....I hope it pulls itself back together.
Skip the next arc, the Malekith one. Its bad.

No offense to fans of Brian Lynch, but I do not like this guy. He's not just the guy they call in for cheap tie-ins, he feels like the guy you should call in for cheap tie-ins. Also, he shamelessly name dropped one of the characters he created for the Spike comics in this TMNT microseries.

I think genre is very important to his art, though. He did an issue of Bendis Guardians and blech. Orange and purple is not a good palette for cosmic books.

I can see that being a thing. I saw they mentioned his past work on GotG and I thought that probably wouldn't fit all that well.

Owzers

i almost missed the one good Raw match because of Arkham Knight? Rusev/Cesaro/Owens three way match for five minutes has been more enjoyable than a half hour of knight. Hate that game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom