• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudcrab

When has anyone ever taken doom seriously. He is a mid tier villian at best.

SMDH. Doom is amazing in any capable writer's hands. You have to go out of your way to do Doom wrong.

I mean Avengers A.I. proved that even a Doombot can be more entertaining than the average comicbook character.

Missed opportunities all over the damn place...

http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album-A-Tribe-Called-Quest-Midnight-Marauders.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Article says there's 50 covers in total. Gotta have Tribe somewhere in there.

Zombine

Banned
Missed opportunities all over the damn place...

album-A-Tribe-Called-Quest-Midnight-Marauders.jpg

SMDH. Doom is amazing in any capable writer's hands. You have to go out of your way to do Doom wrong.

I mean Avengers A.I. proved that even a Doombot can be more entertaining than the average comicbook character.

dammit Messi, people still falling for your troll. You've upset the balance we've worked so hard to achieve...

Messi

it's super unhealthy boning, and it isn't hot or fun like the stuff in volume one. it's great, but it's when Sunstone says "okay I'm not actually softcore lesbian bdsm, I mean business"

Volume 2 is absolutely better than Vol 1. I love all the character stuff.

Messi

So...I shouldn't read vol 2?

Prints and original sketch all signed by Stjepan Sejic.

You should definitely read Vol 2 and beyond. Vol 2 is amazing and it keeps getting better.

I will forever be in debt to you for getting me this stuff. So amazing.

Maaaaan that cap cover is amazing

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Buzzfeed has some more, there's some quality pulls in there.

Zombine, you might want to ch-ch-ch-check it out.

Also, Noto with the OF pull, a man after my heart.

Hahaha. The quote in that article:

“For years, Marvel Comics and Hip-Hop culture have been engaged in an ongoing dialog,” Marvel EIC Axel Alonso said in a press release. “Beginning this October, we will shine a spotlight on the seamless relationship between those two unique forces.”

ElNarez

Banned
Volume 2 is absolutely better than Vol 1. I love all the character stuff.

I was absolutely messing around, Volume 2 of Sunstone is great comics it's just I have this thing with fiction where
a character puts themselves in grave danger because they feel they have nothing else going on for them
. It's also why I cry so much at Steven Universe. It's a thing.

I must say this looks like one of the more interesting sets of themed alt covers I've seen in a while. And yes, I know I only got seriously back into comics again a few couple ago, but that doesn't mean I've been ignorant of what goes on. :p

Kipp

I realize this will make it clear that my hip-hop knowledge is super spotty, but what's the Squirrel Girl cover a tribute to?

Kipp

Somehow I haven't even heard of him... Worth listening to, I'm assuming?
Edit: Meh. Not for me.

Also, would you guys mind posting a few more images of that cover please?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i just wanna go home and read Valiant :(

Somehow I haven't even heard of him... Worth listening to, I'm assuming?
Edit: Meh. Not for me.

Also, would you guys mind posting a few more images of that cover please?

not really, Frank Ocean is the Odd Future member you should be listening to

I'm guessing these covers were not chosen by the creators cuz I doubt the Squirrel Girl team would have gone with Tyler, the Creator for their female friendly book.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Those covers are fucking amazing.

All I need is a Nas Illmatic cover and a Big L Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom