• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Bruce/Diana

NvhcBlE.jpg

The Trinity

kcsS2rV.jpg

Owzers

That cover looks goofy, like they shopped out wonder woman's neck. Also both the men are fully covered in suits and she's the only one showing skin. Superman's shirt has got to go for fairness.

Kill Your Boyfriend/Vimanarama getting a combined deluxe edition...

Really? That's rad, definitely gonna pick that up.

I grabbed Kill Your Boyfriend off of Comixology last year and thought it was a pretty entertaining one shot. Never read Vimanarama but I'm sure I'll love it. I think the only Morrison thing I read that I didn't really enjoy was the Clown at Midnight.

Like sillymonkey, I also just read the first issue of Batman Year 100. This is the first thing I've read by Paul Pope and that man makes some fantastic art:
0qUQC0Fl.png

(story was ok too)

How are Battling Boy and Heavy Liquid? I always see the covers for them but know literally nothing about them.

ReAxion

Image just seems to green light series to see if they'll be hits. So many new series in the last series only have a trade or can't break the two trade gauntlet. If I had even a sliver of self confidence I would throw my hat in the ring......

Stephenson just says "what comic do you want to make" and they make it.

Why did Doom kill
Cyke
?

Because he's a stupid shit.

I continue to love the Black Widow ongoing. How long did it ran for, it's on #13 now on MU

#19 came out last week. I believe #20 is the last. Art in 19 looked rushed. Still based Noto tho.

manfestival

Quick question, is the red lantern storyline worth reading? I rarely read anything DC but I did ready green lantern a little before the blackest night storyline and before the inception of the red lanterns. Their rage aspect piqued my curiosity at the time but I stopped reading due to cost of hobby(now things are much cheaper with these services offered like marvel unlimited and etc).

Quick question, is the red lantern storyline worth reading? I rarely read anything DC but I did ready green lantern a little before the blackest night storyline and before the inception of the red lanterns. Their rage aspect piqued my curiosity at the time but I stopped reading due to cost of hobby(now things are much cheaper with these services offered like marvel unlimited and etc).

Red Lanterns was really solid when Charles Soule took over writing duties. Everything before that is shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

darklin0

Banned
The one that comes with physical issues? Sort of. You need to link your Marvel account to your comixology one and then any codes you redeem on Marvel's site can be downloaded in comixology
Aww man. Last time I checked I couldn't redeem them through the Marvel app. I am too lazy to log in on my pc, so the stickers stay on.

I didn't think Ultimate End was that horrible. The dialogue was fine, the plot just doesn't make sense.

I like where they're going with A-Force.

Owzers

I've read the first volume of Soule's new 52 Red Lantern run, I thought it was mostly enjoyable but not something i'd actively recommend.

Ahh, Xbox, the fedora of game consoles.

You shut your moth, OG Xbox was the best console ever.

How are Battling Boy and Heavy Liquid? I always see the covers for them but know literally nothing about them.
Battling Boy is a pretty fun teenager story that never insults your intelligence. Gorgeous art. Has no proper ending. It simply stops and maybe Pope will get around to doing the sequel someday.

Haven't read HL.

You say that but it was still Red Lanterns doing Red Lanterns stuff which I enjoyed.

Is that how you review comics?

"In this issue, Batman does some Batman stuff. He uses a grappling gun, punches the Penguin and drives the Batmobile. The dialogue though was literal gibberish like the writer had a 32 page stroke.
Still a great comic. 10 out of 10 DC logos."

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

"In this issue, Batman does some Batman stuff. He uses a grappling gun, punches the Penguin and drives the Batmobile. The dialogue though was literal gibberish like the writer had a 32 page stroke.

GrandHarrier just reads comics to be comforted by the fact that DC continuity is continuing smoothly and accurately.

Like sillymonkey, I also just read the first issue of Batman Year 100. This is the first thing I've read by Paul Pope and that man makes some fantastic art:
0qUQC0Fl.png

(story was ok too)

Battling Boy is part Thor, part Scott Pilgrim, all awesome. The titular character is sent to save a world ravaged by monsters using a suitcase full of magical t-shirts, an invisible credit card with no limit, and a compenduim of monsters. Well worth checking out.

I don't review comics. I can only answer how I feel after reading a comic. And after reading Red Lanterns I thought it was fine. I'm not sure why this is a big deal. People are allowed to have differing feelings on books. We're not a hive mind that has to come to a universal consensus.

GrandHarrier just reads comics to be comforted by the fact that DC continuity is continuing smoothly and accurately.

I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom