• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope my Pulllist arrives today, I still havent got hands on Secret Wars 3. Its fucking annoying to never be able to talk with you guys about it, even when its already avaiable at my shop.

Digital, brah. Then you can just read them on your phone, tablet, pip-boy or whatever.

arkon

Can you redeem the Marvel Digital Comics code on Comixology?
The one that comes with physical issues? Sort of. You need to link your Marvel account to your comixology one and then any codes you redeem on Marvel's site can be downloaded in comixology

Holy shit Grayson #9.

Seely and King are making me love Dick in a way I never expected I would.

And that art. Oh my God.

900x900px-LL-0244ee12_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

Messi

Grayson is a concept I laughed at when they announced it but from issue 1 they have knocked it out if the park. This is easily one of the best books on shelves. Just stellar work.

Busaiku

Having not read Forever Evil, I don't understand how Dick being exposed did not have greater consequences for Bruce.

Grayson is a concept I laughed at when they announced it but from issue 1 they have knocked it out if the park. This is easily one of the best books on shelves. Just stellar work.

Well, I wasn't back into comics at that point, but I'll agree that the concept itself seems rather weird on its face. Clearly they realized that with Dick being the ridiculous ladies' man and heart breaker that he is, he'd be perfect as a super spy.

Having not read Forever Evil, I don't understand how Dick being exposed did not have greater consequences for Bruce.

Well, he's not allowed near children anymore.

Bruce was already seen as the financial backer for Batman because of Batman Inc. so the idea of one of his "sons" being involved wouldn't really out him as being Batman.

dan2026

Action Comics #42 was fan-fucking-stellar.

Also enjoyed Superman #41: This Truth storyline continues to have me really intrigued.

I dropped off Superman a while ago because I found it mediocre and boring.
Are there new writers now? Time to jump back in?

I dropped off Superman a while ago because I found it mediocre and boring.
Are there new writers now? Time to jump back in?

Pak is still on Action Comics, but there is a new writer on Superman proper.

Superman has been depowered (think leaps tall buildings version) and his identity exposed. He's trying to maintain his ideals in this new world for him. I think it's fantastic.

I'd say check out Action Comics #41 and Superman #41 and see if either click with you.

dan2026

Pak is still on Action Comics, but there is a new writer on Superman proper.

Superman has been depowered (think leaps tall buildings version) and his identity exposed. He's trying to maintain his ideals in this new world for him. I think it's fantastic.

I'd say check out Action Comics #41 and Superman #41 and see if either click with you.

Ok will do cheers.

J10

Banned
I'm reading the tweets on the first page of USG and wondering if there's a real account to go along with it. Yeah.

Squirrel Girl
‏@unbeatablesg

Also if you are a criminal please stop doing crimes #crimeadvice

LOL

E the Shaggy

I just saw what Hal Jordan looks like now, with his weird gauntlet, long hair, and hooded trenchcoat.

Man, with cases like Hal and Barry Allen, I guess the best way to make them appealing is to make them as far from what they originally were as possible.

I sometimes need to stay away from certain people's twitters and tumblrs on comics. Let people like what they like even for unpopular series. Fuck outta here with claiming people are dumb or retarted for liking it. Always judging others by what they read. And some of these are the same people talking bout they want an inclusive comic community? Gee thanks I feel so welcome.

ComicGAF you guys are great. <3
You tumbl breh? PM me your url I got you.

Cade

Hnng more Arkham Knight skins datamined.
Dick Grayson Batman suit, Batman: Noel suit (!!) and Tumbler Batmobile. And sounds like a vehicle is in Batgirl DLC pack.

Messi

Am I crazy or did DC say they would be releasing pop vinyls alongside Secret Wars? I would buy so many. I really want an Angela.

tim1138

Reading Omega Men really makes me wish DC would hand over the reigns of Suicide Squad to Tom King. I feel like he could bring Ostrander level greatness back to that title.

Reading Omega Men really makes me wish DC would hand over the reigns of Suicide Squad to Tom King. I feel like he could bring Ostrander level greatness back to that title.

Yes please. I love the whole idea behind the SS. I want a great, smart, political run.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's Image Expo day! Time to learn about books we'll eventually be able to read in 2016.

10:30 PST

Boogiepop

Remind me, Superman didn't actually die in Death of Superman right? He was in a cocoon or something?

I actually just read Return of Superman recently. He was regenerated in a cocoon matrix thing, but the comic made sure to explicitly state that he DID die and that the specific circumstances of his revival weren't really repeatable.

Owzers

I didn't like the first issue of Batman Year 100, the plot feels a little too " don't worry about it" and it's just
too heavy on Batman running away from a crime scene with little story

Does it get better? I only bought the first issue during the cmx sale so far.

I didn't like the first issue of Batman Year 100, the plot feels a little too " don't worry about it" and it's just
too heavy on Batman running away from a crime scene with little story

Does it get better? I only bought the first issue during the cmx sale so far.

Paul Pope isn't really a big "writing" guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom