• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
so uh have we talked about this?
tumblr_nri5blVZGB1sm6mbpo1_540.jpg
because uh, that's fucking nuts

Still it aches like tetanus
It reeks of politics
How many dreams remain?
This is a feeling too strong to contain

The hardest years, the darkest years, the roarin' years, the fallen years
These shall not be forgotten years
The hardest years, the wildest years, the desperate and divided years
We will remember, these shall not be forgotten years

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wait, we get a OHC for Uncanny X-Men, too? Based Bendis, now I need to buy his stuff, too.
Loved the first arc when it was on sale recently.

frye

trust me, i've gotten like every possible recommendation from my friends, acquaintances, my dad, guys i follow on twitter, and random tablers at a LCS event, plus one of my managers almost did the other night. only recently have i had the actual drive to do so. and also my friend wants his copy of Akira back so i guess i have to watch that soon too

wait your dad gave you anime recs

wait your dad gave you anime recs

oh, yeah my dad watches the shit out of anime. he has a lot of time to watch shit because of train commutes and stuff. His big recent recs for me are Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D and I think Samurai Champloo

i'd watch anime with my dad tbh

I believe the last anime i saw with him was the non-hentai Mezzo series, like years ago. he and my half sister have been watching a lot together too though, esp. lately

oh, yeah my dad watches the shit out of anime. he has a lot of time to watch shit because of train commutes and stuff. His big recent recs for me are Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D and I think Samurai Champloo

I believe the last anime i saw with him was the non-hentai Mezzo series, like years ago. he and my half sister have been watching a lot together too though, esp. lately
I read that as the last non hentai series you watched together. Time to go to sleep I guess.

darklin0

Banned

tumblr_n2r000MMYa1rfw7flo1_500.gif

I couldn't resist.

Bii

I read that as the last non hentai series you watched together. Time to go to sleep I guess.

I read the same. .__.

Trying to book the adjacent hotel for LBCC; Friday night is no longer available. Hmmm, gonna have to rethink how I'm going to do this. I really wanted to stay for both days and didn't want to have to worry about driving early in the morning of the first day.

TEJ

I want to dive deep into captain america.... Comics. Aside from the ed brudabaker run which captain america trade paperbacks would you recommend?

JL #42...

Johns isn't wasting time...

Channeling his inner Morrison with the end...

Shazam continues to be the best with "There's a dog that does opera upstairs. We call him Pavarotti"

I picked up a random Graphic Novel at C2E2 earlier this year.. It has a bunch of short, dark stories..
It was very good and plan on buying all the book.

Anyways, looks like you can read the whole first TPB for free,, check it out.
You'll either love it or hate it by the 3rd story.

Twisted Dark (by TPub)

ElNarez

Banned
Man, Marvel editors have fucked up letting Hawkeye #22 creep to after Lemire's run started because god damn, this is how the fuck it's done. Get the fuck out of here with your hawk-eye bullshit, this is the stuff.

Mindwipe

Random book recommendation - in some CMX giveaway I got an indie comic called Learning to Fly, and went and bought issue 2. And that's it. There are only two issues and that's the whole thing. It's a mid-90s coming of age story set in the UK. I liked it a lot, and it's worth a tiny amount of your hard earned pennies if you're looking for something quick.

godzilla in hell is phenomenally insane

today's first "must read"
But be sure to use the patented Linger Method of Readin' Comics or you'll be done in three minutes and miss out on all the incredible deetz.

Zombine

Banned

But be sure to use the patented Linger Method of Readin' Comics or you'll be done in three minutes and miss out on all the incredible deetz.

Fuckkkk don't you do this to me. I still have to wait a little while.

I always say that the best writers leave a bulk of the storytelling to the artist. That's not to say that I appreciate stories with fluffy and insignificant/shitty writing, but amazing direction while moving the plot forward keeps me sucked into the narrative displayed through the imagery. Stokoe's work explains a lot while verbally saying very little.

The question is why did Godzilla get sent to hell? He's just an innocent monster trying to make his way in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom