• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it's kind of amazing how well Marvel just tossing out what is basically an entire line of semi-standalone minis has worked out.

I'd say it's working reasonably well. Too many of the #1s unfold exactly the same: "Setting: dystopian. ______ notices that something is weird about Battleworld and/or God Doom." It was cool the first few times that happened, but now I wish more had gone their own way at the risk of seeming less important to the event.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm really looking forward to the ANAD launch and the diversity of titles it will bring with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
destroying the industry one MU sub at a time

styl3s

And my assumption is that every Battlewars book will be getting their own hardcovers.
I'm waiting for the mega omnibus that collects all 7000 issues

Giant-Book.png
MSRP: your house

Mindwipe

#PatientComicReaders

Or at least "I have at least a three month's of reading from the CMX sales over SDCC anyway, and limited run tie ins aren't important enough to interrupt that." My current backlog has at least twenty five trades.

EDIT: Shit, actually thinking about it more like fifty.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just 7 and a half more days of work at this job... Can't come soon enough. My back is absolutely KILLING me. Even with 4 ibuprofens, 4 acetaminophens, and doing back stretches every 30 minutes.
Somebody fetch me a morphine drip please.

Reading comics is hard, guys.

Send help.

What book is that? It looks like either Animal Man or Doom Patrol to me, but I'm surely wrong.

Or at least "I have at least a three month's of reading from the CMX sales over SDCC anyway, and limited run tie ins aren't important enough to interrupt that." My current backlog has at least twenty five trades.

EDIT: Shit, actually thinking about it more like fifty.

Same thing over here. Those weird Amazon trade discounts last week really screwed me up.

If you could, I highly recommend re-reading Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye up until #22. Its got so many great callbacks and payoffs.
Clint finally learns how to do that twist and SNAP move they teased way back when. He ties up The Clown with those damn wires from Hawkeye #6. The safe, Penny, the neighbors, the building, Clint/Kate having a perfect reconnection with the Boomerang arrow/the sign language/the dual archery at the end.
Like Immortal Iron Fist, Fraction gives all his heroes a moment over the bad guys, sets up potential threads for future writers, but brings almost all his threads to a satisfactory closure. And unlike Immortal Iron Fist, this time he actually gets to do it with David Aja the whole way through, along with one of the best letterers and colorists in the business.

A great ending to a great series

(Don't get All-New Hawkeye)

If you could, I highly recommend re-reading Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye up until #22. Its got so many great callbacks and payoffs.
Clint finally learns how to do that twist and SNAP move they teased way back when. He ties up The Clown with those damn wires from Hawkeye #6. The safe, Penny, the neighbors, the building, Clint/Kate having a perfect reconnection with the Boomerang arrow/the sign language/the dual archery at the end.
Like Immortal Iron Fist, Fraction gives all his heroes a moment over the bad guys, sets up potential threads for future writers, but brings almost all his threads to a satisfactory closure. And unlike Immortal Iron Fist, this time he actually gets to do it with David Aja the whole way through, along with one of the best letterers and colorists in the business.

A great ending to a great series

(Don't get All-New Hawkeye)

I really can't wait to read it. I read #1 back when it was free on Comixology but I've been waiting for it to be fully collected before starting it. Should be worth the wait.

Calcium

Banned
I really can't wait to read it. I read #1 back when it was free on Comixology but I've been waiting for it to be fully collected before starting it. Should be worth the wait.

Same here. I don't really care about Hawkeye, but I'll read this just because of all the praise it has been getting.

Put a hold on many New 52 tpbs at my Library - Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Superman and The Flash.

(Any of those choices a mistake?)

Flash is kinda meh (tho definitely worth the price of admission you're paying just for the art), AC and Superman are kind of uneven, and frankly you should feel kinda bad not paying real money for WW.

Flash is kinda meh (tho definitely worth the price of admission you're paying just for the art), AC and Superman are kind of uneven, and frankly you should feel kinda bad not paying real money for WW.

I feel no guilt, it is the Kipp™ way. (Though I will buy an omnibus edition if I like the series and plan to re-read it. Maybe even an Absolute if I love it.)

fauxtrot

Banned
Looks like I can start reading Hawkguy again, starting with issue #1 this weekend. I only got through the first trade originally because I got to it late (like a year ago) and decided to wait until it completed.

Anyone got any impressions on the other titles that released today? I know they don't really matter because today is officially Hawkguy Day, but I don't wanna buy bad comics if I can avoid it when I pick up Secret Wars floppies / etc today after work.

E the Shaggy

I jumped on that Marvel Unlimited for a penny deal, good god, so many books. It almost makes me want to sign up for the year....almost. Would probably still go with Amazon Prime at the same price.

Apparently I had Hail Hydra on my pull list? WAT? Why? Why would I do that to myself? Instead I put it back on the rack and grabbed Godzilla In Hell #1. Fuck yeah.

I'm at work and I want to go home and reread Hawkeye

What a great series

I know, but it's bittersweet.... You can now rest assured that every future Hawkeye comic will be shit.

Calcium

Banned
I jumped on that Marvel Unlimited for a penny deal, good god, so many books. It almost makes me want to sign up for the year....almost. Would probably still go with Amazon Prime at the same price.

I'm going to start Marvel Unlimited soon. There is a ton of older stuff I'd love to read.

styl3s

I went to get my weekly books with the intention on getting 3 titles and ended up getting Chrononauts #1-4, Injection #1-3, Dead Drop #1-3, Bizarro #1-2, Godzilla Hell #1, Roche Limit #1-3, Planet Hulk #3, GOK #1 (Gwen variant), X-Men '92 #1 Gwen variant, Old Man Logan #2 Gwen variant, Magneto Gwen variant and Island.

LCS guy always busts my balls for being a massive Marvel fanboy and only buying marvel titles and always coming in wearing a marvel hat and shirt all the time so guess what Bill? THIS GUYS BRANCHING OUT FROM MAH'VEL
but also still buying a bunch of marvel books because i am a weak, weak person.

ElNarez

Banned
Apparently I had Hail Hydra on my pull list? WAT? Why? Why would I do that to myself? Instead I put it back on the rack and grabbed Godzilla In Hell #1. Fuck yeah.

"Can't figure it out. Damn it. It wasn't there. I KNOW that. And yet... No. Can't let yourself doubt. It's there. I have it."

Messi

Harley's price going up has killed my interest in comics. What is life anymore. I need to ly down.

7tK4gfG.gif

DC is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom