• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Fate continues to be a disappointment. The art is good, but not great, and the writing is mediocre. Too much exposition by half. Gonna give it one or two more issues to get its shit together, then I'm dropping it.

Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, was a lot of fun! It looks like they're doing something slightly different than the usual White Martian Invasion plotline, though that's pretty clearly the basis of it. Also, Mr. Biscuits
=/= J'onn, so that's a fun mystery. I also liked how little attention eh drew until he stopped the subway, that sort of thing always amuses me somehow.
The fight with the League was another standout.

ElNarez

Banned
"A two page spread. They wouldn't believe it if they saw it."

"These days, I did most of my narration in a margin on the right side of the panels. Cool place to hang around in. Doesn't feel like the best way to use the real estate on the page, but hey, sometimes Wes does a crazy thing, and it works."

That cringe inducing moment when you accidentally click on a friend's name on Facebook chat and think they just sent the message that was sent two years ago. Urggh.

tumblr_m7ya13eaVp1qc5wqr.gif

none of his complaints were exaggerated or even close to fabricated.

This bit

It’s a Superman film in which Superman is impotent, and needs to be told by other people to do something, anything (or even nothing) while being depressed and upset that he’s stronger than anybody, can fly and is bulletproof.

Has basically no basis in reality. We don't know how potent (or not) Superman is through the film, and the whole bit with Ma Kent was her telling him that he needs to decide what he's going to do with his powers, that he can't let anybody else dictate that to him.

It was Zod who wrecked the building. Not Superman.

I watched the movie and couldn't tell you that. That level of detail is, i mean, ok.

Also, not crazy about following up a legit and massive lack of racial sensitivity/awareness with some dumb marvel/dc bullshit like it's the same thing (speaking to the other dude now, GH, before you get heated)

Doctor Fate continues to be a disappointment. The art is good, but not great, and the writing is mediocre. Too much exposition by half. Gonna give it one or two more issues to get its shit together, then I'm dropping it.

Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, was a lot of fun! It looks like they're doing something slightly different than the usual White Martian Invasion plotline, though that's pretty clearly the basis of it. Also, Mr. Biscuits
=/= J'onn, so that's a fun mystery. I also liked how little attention eh drew until he stopped the subway, that sort of thing always amuses me somehow.
The fight with the League was another standout.

I liked the first issue of Doctor Fate, but this one felt slower. Manhunter was a winner again this week.
I thought Biscuits was J'onn too, at least at first. I did love him with the kids in the train station though, that was adorable.

he ain't wrong here.

also irons is supposed to be Alfred there? seemed more like a gordon. didn't he have a shoulder holdter?

He's wrong about a bit of it.

Yeah, Irons is Alfred. If you mean that brown thing around his neck(?), I don't think that was a shoulder holster (I thought it was one of those long tape rulers tailors use).

PsychBat!

Banned
are we seriously going to discuss the man of steel here? It's nothing but endless debate with everyone on both sides on their high horse.

I watched the movie and couldn't tell you that. That level of detail is, i mean, ok.

Also, not crazy about following up a legit and massive lack of racial sensitivity/awareness with some dumb marvel/dc bullshit like it's the same thing (speaking to the other dude now, GH, before you get heated)

^ Great mashup from Man of Steel and BvS that someone made that shows it.

If you watched MoS and then that part of the trailer the level of detail is insane.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yay, lets hate on Breevort because he didnt liked two trailer.
Lets dont care that he is always completly fair when he talks about DC and Image and never says something negative

At least DCU's current operatic brown juvenile Finchergoth is a personality, as much as the lighthearted self-aware smart alecy Farvaru/Whedon thing is for Marvel.

The Fantastic Four trailers are just...nothing. Just the most boring, boilerplate, seen these beats a million times lookin' superhero movies in cinema todday.

are we seriously going to discuss the man of steel here? It's nothing but endless debate with everyone on both sides on their high horse.

I come to ComicGAF to get away from The Great GAF Man of Steel Debate.

Nice.

Marvel just announced another Inhumans series: "All New Inhumans"

Come on guys, no matter how hard you push them, one title hardly sells well enough to sustain itself, let alone multiple.

http://www.newsarama.com/25239-crystal-returns-with-new-all-new-inhumans-series.html

Stop trying to make Inhumans happen, Marvel. I'll buy an X-Book out of spite now.

Ah, I thought so. I remember that quote going around hard during the weekend.

Marvel just announced another Inhumans series: "All New Inhumans"

Come on guys, no matter how hard you push them, one title hardly sells well enough to sustain itself, let alone multiple.

http://www.newsarama.com/25239-crystal-returns-with-new-all-new-inhumans-series.html

So is this three or four? Inhumans gettin' that Guardians push.

It's this, Inhuman (is that still going on post SW?) Uncanny Inhumans, and...that's it right?

At least DCU's current operatic brown juvenile Finchergoth is a personality, as much as the lighthearted self-aware smart alecy Farvaru/Whedon thing is for Marvel.

The Fantastic Four trailers are just...nothing. Just the most boring, boilerplate, seen these beats a million times lookin' superhero movies in cinema todday.

But you're still going to see Fant4stic, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom