• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna do numbered reviews since im lazy.

Justice League 9/10
Harley Quinn 8/10
Black Canary 8/10
Dr. Fate 9/10
Robin Son of Batman 5/10 Dropped, Not feeling it.

Have Martian Manhunter and Indies books left. Break until bed time reading.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Comics really should stick to its own white culture and do a variant month with homages to boy bands/pop idols.

The only inaccuracy is the ending, they weren't all horrible photos! He took a lovely photo with my wife. It was the first time they've met and she's been running that tumblr since nearly the beginning.

Haha
Aw man, I wish I would've gotten a picture with him too. I didn't even think about it.

frye

"Omit all personal pronouns in narration. No time to think. Just act. Short sentences convey urgency. These egotists - this is my favourite word - full of themselves and don't even know it"

I hoping Remender goes full hog and brings back 80s Frank Miller Crazy People talk in the dialog as well. Run-on sentences with bizarre bold emphasis everywhere, separated by dashes.

"no false moves I'll kill -- kill you I'm crazy tonight --"

#NotMonday

Owzers

What is the point of this?

seeing how high the prices can go before it all falls apart. I'm secretly Kipp's apprentice. I think i'm bitter over 4.99 marvel books.

Papergirls1-2x3-300-77c2e.jpg

I really don't like this cover, still getting it though.

seeing how high the prices can go before it all falls apart. I'm secretly Kipp's apprentice. I think i'm bitter over 4.99 marvel books.

I really don't like this cover, still getting it though.

I don't like it either.

I love it.

In other news, Conquerer Worm might be the best comic book story of all time. It's got phenomenal stakes, really grim and incontrovertible world ending stuff. But it's also got the slyest and funniest moments of deadpan humor. The Mignolaverse really is the Deadwood of comics.

ReAxion

Fraction's thank you for Hawkguy:

They asked me to write something for the last issue I wrote of HAWKEYE and I declined (Politely, I hope). I'm not a big fan of valedictories I guess. Sana’s written a lovely note on the last page of the issue that covers anything I’d have said well, anyway, but I just bought my dad the last issue (it's okay, i know a guy who knows a guy) and I'm feeling sentimental and want to level out by feeling some deep gratitude:

David, my Bewlay Brother in arms. For always trumping my crazy with your crazy. For never letting “good” be ‘good enough.’ I don’t know what language we speak but I know we are the only ones who speak it. Thank you.

Annie. Captain Fabulous. We needed a ray of sunshine and you brought it bigger and brighter and better and better. We handed you a thankless task and you busted the goddamn mold. It was over too soon. I’d write for you forever. The best faces. The best. THE BEST. Thank you.

Javi. For your perfectionism, clarity of vision, and fearless confidence in your voice. You were unafraid to add on top of our harmony and push and pull in new, amazing, delightful directions. You also drew Chibi Kates all over the dang place. Thank you.

Francesco. I handed you two of the darkest things I’d ever written, time-fractured and decentralized of place. I gave you new characters on every page and new locations, I gave you abuse and terror and violence to draw — and you did more than just draw it. For a minute there it was all yours. Thank you.

Steve and Jesse. For the best Thanksgiving gift ever. Thank you.

Matt. Once again the binding polymer tying an entire world together. For not even blinking when I sent you pictures titled “this is how a dog sees.” For making me look at every single issue once it came out — a thing I hate more than anything! — because my screen is never calibrated as well as yours and you can’t really see your work until you *see your work.* Thank you.

Leah and Rachel.

xUOw35e.gif

Jeff and Ramón -- for keeping the kids in your marvelous hands. I'm sorry we've screwed with your time on stage. I cannot tell you how eager I am to be just a HAWKEYE fan again, and how excited your book makes me. Thank you.

Gerry, Matteo, and Jacopo -- you did us better than we did us. AND you did it in spite of Gerry's chemical castration and endless legal problems. Amazing. Hilarious. Thank you.

Sana, Devin, Steve, everyone in-between. What thankless tasks YOU all had. And how graceful and good you all were in executing. Thank you.

Axel, Joe, and Dan, for letting us do it. That's rarified air and don't think we don't realize that. You had every right to break up the band and you didn't. Thank you.

Everyone at WeLoveFine. I have never been so happy to give away so much money. SO much money. Jesus FUCK. Thank you for helping us help Futures Without Violence. Thank you for listening to what our folks wanted.

And to all of you lovely purple weirdos that read it, obsessed over it, dressed up, hung out, made stuff, made noise, got ink, got brave, evangelized and prosthelytized, to all of you you that literally did it all and bought the t-shirts — THANK YOU. I owe you one.

Speaking of —

A fabulous Kate cosplayer was present at San Diego to present Kelly Sue with the Spike TV “Gamechanger of the Year” award. Who are you? WHERE are you? You were amazing, and looked amazing, and I’d like to sign silly things and send them to you. REACH OUT TO US PLEASE. HELP US FIND YOU.

Also, Spike talked to some readers, too, who all said lovely and wonderful and genuinely touching stuff about Kel and I. Are you on this list? Reach out — again, we’d like to say thanks. And send you shit.

Okay. Well — well that’s that. I hope you dig it. If not? Jeff and Ramón have your back, trust me.

m

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hawkeye was great fucking comics. Got that rare tingly buzz inside my head reading it, and that
late title
was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom