• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of Captain Fabulous didn't you believe?

Where did I say I didn't believe anything?

Have you read Hawkeye? I know you don't read marvel but you should check it out. It is brilliant and her Kate issues feature amazing faces.

d6c227fa1258d30e1ad224919d159de7.jpg

I read up until the Pizza Dog issue. Just didn't know about the character enough to care and it was when I was still trying to take a crash course into DC comics and read everything I could.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Not even saying it to be a dick. As a kid it was always nice to have my presents spread out between the 7 month gap between that holiday and my birthday. But here is what I got, and I'm sorry if it's technically a spoiler:

26969.jpg

MINE

NO WAY. IS THAT A JAMES STOKOE PAGE!?

Not even saying it to be a dick. As a kid it was always nice to have my presents spread out between the 7 month gap between Christmas and my birthday.

Yup, I've always thought the spread was nice. I get Lego for my birthday and Christmas which I generally can't afford to buy for myself (on top of comics and games), it's nice to have infusions of new sets about half a year apart. :)

SO lewd

Yup, I've always thought the spread was nice. I get Lego for my birthday and Christmas which I generally can't afford to buy for myself (on top of comics and games), it's nice to have infusions of new suits about half a year apart. :)

MIne is August, but yeah, it's pretty cool. I usually just get cash from everyone though.

There's nothing I really want this year anyway, unless a new Hearthstone expansion drops which looks pretty likely right now. I will probably pre-order Sword Coast Legends since I know I'll get use out of the DM vs. Players modes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Read Emma Rios' and Graham's stories in Island. I'm into the monthly comics magazine, and I enjoyed Rios' story/art and Graham's random ass cartooning.

Owzers

I finished the section in Arkham Knight i was going to quit after and it was funnish
Harley time
and now i want to quit for reals.

Boogiepop

Well this is... interesting. Marvel.com won't let me sign out. Like, I click that button, it thinks about it for a bit and then... I'm still logged in. I want to log out to try creating a new account with a different email to use for that Ant Man sale on MU. I think it knows...

Owzers

Well this is... interesting. Marvel.com won't let me sign out. Like, I click that button, it thinks about it for a bit and then... I'm still logged in. I want to log out to try creating a new account with a different email to use for that Ant Man sale on MU. I think it knows...

edit: my initial remark seemed too grim and i have nothing else. I cannot think of anything else and this is awkward now.

hereforever_by_fartprincess-d5ztsoc.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Going through a rough patch with Fear Itself tie ins :/

Youth in Revolt was ok-ish at best but these Wolverine issues are awful

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So you dug it? I was eyeing it this morning but it was kinda pricey so I passed for now.

I'm not all the way through it, but yeah, I'm gonna say I'm diggin' it. Like Emma Rios' chapter is interesting enough to where I'd like to see where it goes next month, and I'm always into Brandon Graham's cartooning, even if Multiple Warheads isn't as chill as King City.

I like the idea of a comics monthly zine, and it's pretty thick for the cover price.

Boogiepop

Bah. Managed to get to create a new account, and I log out and try logging into that account... but it just has me logged into the old account afterwards. I think it's about time to give up trying to "scam" Marvel to take advantage of this deal and just take the $10 hit. And then probably be done with MU after this month anyway. Would've been nice to barely have to pay for it, though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, IGN only gave the Batgirl DLC for Arkham Knight a 6.3... I kind of expected a meh add-on.

It had a bit more substance than the Harley one, but not all that much. I liked it enough, but probably won't replay it. Was a bit glitchy though.
The mission marker for the last bit never showed up, I figured it out though, and the capes clipped through bodies in probably ever cut scene.

You called it dude. Shit ass Season Pass.

I will begrudgingly take it for free when Warner gets the PC version fixed.

LOL, Warner giving away something for free

LOL, Warner giving DLC to us poor folks who only got the game with our GFX cards

LOL, Warner fixing the game

=(

I was so excited for this game, you guys. Now my hype is gone. What do.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Have you read Hawkeye? I know you don't read marvel but you should check it out. It is brilliant and her Kate issues feature amazing faces.

d6c227fa1258d30e1ad224919d159de7.jpg
Yup. Annie Wu nails Kate so well. Haven't started Black Canary yet but I am all for what I've seen thus far.

Igo

Hey people. What was up with Peter Parker having a twin or something in the 90's? I remember next to nothing from all the comics I read back then, but I can recall peter visiting his own grave and there being two spidermen at one point. This did happen, right?

Calcium

Banned
I feel for the people who paid $40 for the pass and were all excited and shit about the Batgirl DLC. They lost me when they announced it was going to take place before Asylum. Ancient history, man.

An important lesson in buying season passes. The whole concept needs to just go away, it just spawns half-assed content more often than not.

Owzers

Digital is the superior format! Floppies have always been awful, they are the little caesars $5 hot and ready pizza of the comics world. Just because you can touch them doesn't mean you should. They've been lying to us for years THEY ARE MADE OUT OF PEOPLE.

An important lesson in buying season passes. The whole concept needs to just go away, it just spawns half-assed content more often than not.

On occasions where I have bought the Season Pass, I usually end up losing interest in the game before all of the DLC is even out. Though I'll probably spring for the Witcher 3 season pass, because that game never stops being awesome.

Hey people. What was up with Peter Parker having a twin or something in the 90's? I remember next to nothing from all the comics I read back then, but I can recall peter visiting his own grave and there being two spidermen at one point. This did happen, right?

The Ben Reilly Clone Saga? Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom