• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people. What was up with Peter Parker having a twin or something in the 90's? I remember next to nothing from all the comics I read back then, but I can recall peter visiting his own grave and there being two spidermen at one point. This did happen, right?

That totally happen. There was this thing called the "Clone Saga" in the 90s, and...well, its a really long(not good) story.

Hey people. What was up with Peter Parker having a twin or something in the 90's? I remember next to nothing from all the comics I read back then, but I can recall peter visiting his own grave and there being two spidermen at one point. This did happen, right?

He had a clone. It's....a long story, dating back to an arc in the 70s. The whole thing was collected across a half-dozen thick TPBs or so, GAMEPROFF can probably tell you more.

If you want to read how it was meant to go down, check out this miniseries:
spider-man-the-clone-saga-1_final-cover-art.jpg

I'm not going to argue that season passes are a good idea, that dlc prices often don't justify the content, etc. All valid arguments. But please, I made the decision to purchase the season pass knowing full well what the possible outcomes could be, so don't presume everyone who purchased it did so blindly or without considering what the consequences would be.

Bah. Managed to get to create a new account, and I log out and try logging into that account... but it just has me logged into the old account afterwards. I think it's about time to give up trying to "scam" Marvel to take advantage of this deal and just take the $10 hit. And then probably be done with MU after this month anyway. Would've been nice to barely have to pay for it, though.

did you try clearing your cache or trying it in incognito/private mode?

Yeah but didn't Clone Saga give us Silver Sequins Spider-Man?

Spider-Armor.gif

That was pre-clone Saga. Spider-Man had to fight the New Enforces, and got this 90s ass coat of armor to do it in Web of Spider-Man #100.

I don't why he couldn't, like, use his fuckin' spider-sense and agility to dodge shit like every other battle, but anything for a gimmicky costume

spidermanwebof100+spider+armor.jpg

Calcium

Banned
On occasions where I have bought the Season Pass, I usually end up losing interest in the game before all of the DLC is even out. Though I'll probably spring for the Witcher 3 season pass, because that game never stops being awesome.

Yeah, you either have that scenario or you have developers holding back content that should have been on the disc. People still buy them, so whatever.

Yeah, you either have that scenario or you have developers holding back content that should have been on the disc. People still buy them, so whatever.

I have to say that the Mortal Kombat X Season Pass has been worth it, though. I've had a preference for Western fighting games these days and MK is my game of choice at the moment. Hopefully they'll make a new Injustice game at some point.

I'm not going to argue that season passes are a good idea, that dlc prices often don't justify the content, etc. All valid arguments. But please, I made the decision to purchase the season pass knowing full well what the possible outcomes could be, so don't presume everyone who purchased it did so blindly or without considering what the consequences would be.

Yeah, but in doing so you're helping postpone the death of an abhorrent practice. It's the gaming equivalent of buying erik larsen comix. Or donating money to a charity focussed on kicking puppies. Boo hiss, so on, so forth.

That was pre-clone Saga. Spider-Man had to fight the New Enforces, and got this 90s ass coat of armor to do it in Web of Spider-Man #100.

I don't why he couldn't, like, use his fuckin' spider-sense and agility to dodge shit like every other battle, but anything for a gimmicky costume
Izzat the Rose? To this day i don't quite know what they wanted to do with that character. So god damned lame.

Season Passes I have bought, not counting GOTY editions:

Mortal Kombat 2011 - Was worth it, IMO. Freddy was a nice surprise even if it's the Jackie Earle Haley version.
Injustice - Not worth it because they wasted a slot on Scorpion, and I like Scorpion. Made worse because they released Martian Manhunter and Zatanna later on, and clearly intended for two more characters but couldn't be bothered.
Mortal Kombat X - Only because I got a voucher from GMG. I might have been better off just buying Jason and Predator separately because I never really got into the online for this one. It bugs me that Tanya is voiced by Jennifer Hale and I'm a big fan of hers. Tremor is whatever, but he has his fans so hey, good for them.
Lego Batman 3 - It was like two quid. Worth it for the Suicide Squad and Man of Steel DLCs. Arrow was good but I don't watch the show so it was lost on me. Stephen Amell seems like a nice guy though.

Does buying Telltale seasons count? Because generally I always buy them at the first big sale, but I always enjoy them so whatever. I haven't played their Game of Thrones yet because I'm behind on the show, but I dunno if I will catch up at this stage so I might just play through it.

Wait, what the hell is happening to Peter in that image?! :O

Pretty sure they're meant to be action figures in that picture.

Izzat the Rose? To this day i don't quite know what they wanted to do with that character. So god damned lame.

That is indeed the Rose. DeFalco on his creation

When I created the Rose, I wanted a character in middle management. We had all the big crimelords, and then the second-tier crimelords, and this guy was supposed to be second-tier. He doesn’t fight, he hires people to do the fighting. I put him in a mask to make him distinctive. It was not a plan that he would have a secret identity. But at some point later on, I was reading something about the big mystery of “Who is the Rose?” I didn’t realize there was a mystery! So I realized I’d have to come up with something for the Rose, and I figured I’d use Roderick Kingsley, because we’d already eliminated him as the Hobgoblin but he fit perfectly as the Rose

Course he was fired before he could reveal his identity, where he was later revealed to be Richard Fisk, Kingpin's son. Funny how DeFalco wanted to use Kingsley, because he would in fact turn out to be the Hogboblin. Stern/DeFalco pre-emptive firing kinda fucked these ol' supervillain reveals.

Wait, what the hell is happening to Peter in that image?! :O

I think there like chess pieces The Jackal is breaking

23-2.jpg

I'm sure you can relate to the super villain need to collect statues of your favorite superheroes.

Does buying Telltale seasons count? Because generally I always buy them at the first big sale, but I always enjoy them so whatever. I haven't played their Game of Thrones yet because I'm behind on the show, but I dunno if I will catch up at this stage so I might just play through it.

oh god, yeah. I'm all about those Telltale games. The only one I didn't jump on immediately was Game of Thrones, but I tried it out once they started offering episode 1 for free. I'm currently about to start episode 4, so the season pass would have cost me the same at this point either way. Also, episode 5 is supposed to be out this month! :D

I'm sure you can relate to the super villain need to collect statues of your favorite superheroes.

Yes but only the girl ones.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, but Nic Cage really fucking loves comic books, God bless him.

Yeah but would Nick Cage love comics like he was part of ComicGAF, or would he be the dude making bullshit threads in the OT with the comic avatar with way too much going on in the picture for it to look like anything?

Yeah, but in doing so you're helping postpone the death of an abhorrent practice. It's the gaming equivalent of buying erik larsen comix. Or donating money to a charity focussed on kicking puppies. Boo hiss, so on, so forth.

I agree on all counts, but I still made the choice myself and I'll live with the being judged. I just don't fancy being called an idiot for it.

You shut your mouth.

Also, a google search of amerikate brings up some really amazing fanart.

See: Ollicity. Shit is poisonous, never turns out well, especially if you need to make changes to one (or more) of the characters to make it happen.

I wish when you searched by creator it'd list the actual issues they did instead of the series and...good luck finding which of the 500 batman books they did

Would also be good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait how is Red skull alive again (after red onslaught, on the last Axis issue), Mags crushed his fucking head with a rock at the start of this shit.

Man fuck Axis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom