• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Oh man, I remember the Putty Patrol.
I never wanted to waste my allowance and money i earned from doing the lawn etc. on putties so i would use my 2 war machines as normal putties and the armored spider-man as a like boss putty. I would also use my Technodrome from TMNT as the deathstar because i couldn't afford the death star.

Lots of interchanging franchises at my house along with mega battles. Me and a buddy spent a weekend forming a big battle between DC/Shredder and Deceptions against Marvel/Turtles and Autobots with the rangers and megazord coming in the end to help the good guys win. We killed off a lot of heroes that day.

Owzers

Yar Arkham Knight officially abandoned. I watched the ending stuff on youtube like i do with all the games i give up on even if it's not as full-filling. There's some good stuff here, all of it having to do with
the joker, of course.

I complained about Witcher 3's "have you seen Ciri? I'll do anything for info. Anything" main quest, but Arkham Knight is a whole unique kind of mess.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna get back to it and finish that damn
Jason Todd
fight, but I think it's time to admit that it's not gonna happen and just send the damn thing back.

Jason Todd
fight, but I think it's time to admit that it's not gonna happen and just send the damn thing back.

It wasn't that difficult.
Also barely counts as a fight

But since the DLC is shite, I think it may be time to trade it in.

styl3s

Jason Todd
Are you referring to the
bootleg shredder drill machine fight?
or
the sniper fight? The sniper fight is easy if you go straight for him and ignore the other people and go after the people after you do the move. All you gotta do is get under the gargoyle
If you are referring to the first spoiler don't click the 2nd one

I read Black Canary #2 and I'm still really digging it. I mean, anything with Wu AND Loughridge is awesome visually but the actual story and whatnot has been pretty interesting. I'm totally in for the band idea too, I think it's pretty cool.

Harley Quinn was Harley Quinn. Goofy as usual. I thought this issue was a little wordy honestly but I still enjoyed it.

It also probably wasn't the best idea to start an anime with 100+ episodes either. Between this and trying to read comics I've basically pushed playing video games off to the side most days. I wish there more hours in the day :(

Vyer

Hawkeye was fantastic. Going to have to be sure I get the collected edition for the bookshelf.

JLA was very good. Really digging Darkseid War so far, and of course really digging that ending....

Messi

Read Age of Apocalypse. What the fuck did I step into. That cover tricked me. I wanted more (any?) Rogue. Art was nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What new marvel book was he announced for ? Was it an X-Men title?

ANAD New Avengers

55a41b8870970.jpg

Edit: beaten because I'm old and slow :/

Owzers

Does anyone here play Hearthstone and doesn't spend money in the game/have good cards?

I'm asking for comic-related reasons.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He had a clone. It's....a long story, dating back to an arc in the 70s. The whole thing was collected across a half-dozen thick TPBs or so, GAMEPROFF can probably tell you more.

If you want to read how it was meant to go down, check out this miniseries:

The Clone Saga is complete collected in Marvels Complete Epics Line.

Someone needs to grab:

Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga (First Clone Saga)
Spider-Man: Clone Saga Complete Epics Book 1 - 5
Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Complete Epics Book 1 - 6
Spider-Man: The Gathering of Five

These thirteenBooks collect all four Spider-Man series who dealt with the Events during the 90s and also include all One Shots and Miniseries and Issues from series like New Warriors that are relevant to the topic.
The Original Clone Saga is not necessary needed, but introduced a lot of important things for the main event. The Gathering of Five is the conclusion to all of this.

There is just one problem, a couple of those books are out of print and in price ranges from like 100€-150€. From time to time this price drops, but you need to be sure that you really want to read it, since its not that easy to skip a Epic.
Also, the last time I checked, none of this was avaiable digital. Not sure when it comes to Marvel Unlimited.

I cant say something about this Clone Saga miniseries, I havent read it yet, but personally, I would want to experience the original thing, but I am a completist who wants to have every Spider-Book there is to a payable price at some point in my life^^

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Where Monsters Dwell is still going great. I love how out there it is.

Ant-Man Annual was really nice too. I love a good Hank Pym dig. I wonder if that storyline will continue on post SW.

Are you referring to the
bootleg shredder drill machine fight?
or
the sniper fight? The sniper fight is easy if you go straight for him and ignore the other people and go after the people after you do the move. All you gotta do is get under the gargoyle
If you are referring to the first spoiler don't click the 2nd one

Meant the
Sniper.
I actually liked the
drill fight; that sense of frantic chase was great.
I just keep making stupid mistakes :p

Jason Todd

I think that was the point where I realized
Even if there were no tank sections, the boss fights would still be awful. Rocksteady can't do great boss fights. Arkham knight was easily the most disappointing aspect of the story. In fact I think the story would have been better without him in it at all. His ceaseless empty threats made him seem like a joke.

Even if there were no tank sections, the boss fights would still be awful. Rocksteady can't do great boss fights. Arkham knight was easily the most disappointing aspect of the story. In fact I think the story would have been better without him in it at all. His ceaseless empty threats made him seem like a joke.

Pretty much. The whole "I trained you people, you're the best, you should be able to kill him easily" stuff wore off around the third predator section or so. The personal threats wore off after the helicopter.

BTW, what are your guys' feelings on RoBats thus far? Gordon in the batsuit is drawing a fair bit of hate over in the "comic book redesigns" thread, thought I'd see what people who actually read the occasional comic feel about it.

How's Black Canary?

I'm so behind on everything, though I checked out Grayson and Midnighter. Great stuff.

Good! Putting her in a band is an idea that just makes too much sense not for it to provide a solid base, and the character writing backs that up. Interesting plot, too. The art can be a little much at times, but by and large it's solid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
BTW, what are your guys' feelings on RoBats thus far? Gordon in the batsuit is drawing a fair bit of hate over in the "comic book redesigns" thread, thought I'd see what people who actually read the occasional comic feel about it.

The robot suit is only one part of the design, there's an actual batsuit and it looks good.

I dunno, I was iffy but the story is working for me so far.

ElNarez

Banned

I don't think that's true, the boss fights in Arkham City had a thing, they were cool. That Mr Freeze fight as a crash course in all the things you can do in Predator sections was just great design. They're highlights.

In Arkham Knight? I don't even think there's one Straight Up Boss Fight that's not a tank section.

It's fucking great right? Just let the creators tell stories.

I just wish Geoff would stop making passing references to other books that clearly are going in wildly contradictory directions from what he's doing in his book. If Justice League is alone in its own continuity on the primary Earth its fine but don't mention the court of owls or that new gods crossover in the GL book then.

Also I thought DC said the new gods/Appokolips exist outside the multiverse but if that's true isn't steppenwolf dead? He was killed by earth 2 superman over a year ago but he's alive and well here. And then first there was an original group of teen titans then DC said later the new52 team was the first but now there is a miniseries revealing that there really was an original new 52 Titans team

And don't even get me started on Section 8.

I just wish Geoff would stop making passing references to other books that clearly are going in wildly contradictory directions from what he's doing in his book. If Justice League is alone in its own continuity on the primary Earth its fine but don't mention the court of owls or that new gods crossover in the GL book then.

Also I thought DC said the new gods/Appokolips exist outside the multiverse but if that's true isn't steppenwolf dead? He was killed by earth 2 superman over a year ago but he's alive and well here. And then first there was an original group of teen titans then DC said later the new52 team was the first but now there is a miniseries revealing that there really was an original new 52 Titans team

And don't even get me started on Section 8.

It's your fault for caring about that shit and not just enjoying the stories being told now.

frye

I can't tell whether Where The Monsters Dwell is the most Ennis-y thing ever or a weird joke that he's as amazed as I am is getting published.

Siege + Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders - gud

Hawkeye - pretty gud

Island - only read through the Rios and Graham contributions but i loooved them both. Island gets past the main problem I often have with anthologies over here by making each story about the length of a "regular" single issue and it totally works. Definitely interested in seeing people I dig a lot doing stuff for this book but I might be even more interested in Graham + Rios as curators bringing in people I've never heard of before

e: the last story's good too

So I went to go pick up my weekly pulls and almost everything was sold out....Is this an effect of SDCC? I don't get it because last week was a lot more harsh on the wallet than this week was going to be and picked up the stuff I wanted with out a problem.

It's your fault for caring about that shit and not just enjoying the stories being told now.

How would you feel if they made a Boba Fett movie that completely ignored the continuity of attack of the clones and made up a whole different origin for him? How can you care for characters if there is no consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom