• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How is Bendis and Maleev's Moon Knight run? As good as their Daredevil run? Because I'm thinking about picking it up solely based on that creative team, and Bendis seems to do really good work with street level superheroics

Bendis Moon Knight is the worst. I can't recommend it.

Speaking of, did Moon Knight quietly get cancelled again? There's nothing in the next couple months' solicitations save for the Vol. 3 TBP, and the TPB is #13-17, indicating that Bunn's run on the book is over.

Not that I'd be too sad if it was. It's been a good run, but at the same time I really want a return to '06 style Moon Knight, with, y'know, supporting characters and more than a few sentences worth of text per issue.

Thanks guys!

Quick additional question. Again repeating the "how good is the post Annihilation Conquest Nova run" question, but going with that... how important would it be to read it alongside this stuff? Because I looked at the prices for those trades and... hoooooly crap! Those have gotten really, really bad. Like, those prices are INSANE. If it's important that I read it alongside the rest of the stuff I guess I can just MU it. But man, that needs a reprint really badly.

Adding to this: how much is GotG going to spoil the War of Kings->Realm of Kings-> Thanos Imperative stuff? Like, is it essential that I stop reading that and order that stuff to do it "right"? Because if not I'd kind of prefer to finish reading GotG now and grab that stuff a bit down the line...

I would read everything marked War of Kings together. After that I think you'd be good to read/finish them in whatever order you want (fair warning, it's been awhile since I read this stuff). The final issue of each book is a direct lead-in to Thanos Imperative, so I'd hold off on either of those until you've read both books.

They just released omnis of Annihilation and Conquest, I bet we will get one for Kings soon.

Edit: And yeah, all that Nova goodness is worth it. Don't skip Nova.

He doesn't seem quite so batshit crazy :p

Also thanks to the remarks about JSA Omnibus (to whom it concerns). Probably going to get Vol 1 next month/sooner. Got a few single issues on CMX like 3 years ago and enjoyed them. Is Johns the main writer for all 3 vols or is it kinda like MOrrison's JLA where vol 5 is written by Mark Waid?

Don't know how it lays out in these volumes but johns starts after the first couple issues and stays on through the 70s when Infinite Crisis starts. Then another writer comes on for a little while until Johns relaunches after IC.

EDIT: it's a great book. No writing for the trade. It's like old school Claremont where subplots simmer over a long time before coming into the Spotlight.

Wait, Ant-Man is out already?

7PM showings on a Thursday are the new midnights.

I might go this weekend. Don't really want to go back to the cinema so soon after the end of my placement, and don't want to get the bus to the next town to go there. Feels bad man.

Boogiepop

Also about to see Ant-Man like right now. Also, if anyone can anser this random question that'd be cool: is She-Hulk's cousin status important to her condition? Or does injecting Hulk's blood into anyone result in powers?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
7PM showings on a Thursday are the new midnights.

I might go this weekend. Don't really want to go back to the cinema so soon after the end of my placement, and don't want to get the bus to the next town to go there. Feels bad man.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't even know it was out this weekend though. Haha. There's really no hype for this movie, is there. None of my friends/coworkers/whoever have mentioned it at all.

Also about to see Ant-Man like right now. Also, if anyone can anser this random question that'd be cool: is She-Hulk's cousin status important to her condition? Or does injecting Hulk's blood into anyone result in powers?

Well, when Betty got pumped fulla Abomination vein juice, she didn't hulk out, so whatever result you get is probably just a spin of the wheel.

ReAxion

I'm going to see Ant-man this weekend because I'm not going to be able to handle a week of the Internet talking about it without having seen it myself.

Probably shares the gene that allowed banner to turn into the hulk instead of dying instantly (which I believe was the reasoning at one point)

Ah, gotcha. I didn't even know it was out this weekend though. Haha. There's really no hype for this movie, is there. None of my friends/coworkers/whoever have mentioned it at all.

I think Minions is expected to beat Ant-Man at the US box office this weekend. I hate those yellow bastards, not because of MCU stuff, I'm just so sick of the fuckers at this stage. They are everywhere here. I'm waiting on the YouTube video where the Sentinels from DOFP are replaced with Minions to properly express my disdain for them.

Still kids like them, and it's okay for kids movies to be for kids.

I think I will just buy a bunch of snacks and veg out in front of EVO for the weekend. I would watch WWE Battleground but I don't have the Network and would rather wait a get a sub with birthday money for NXT Brooklyn and SummerSlam at this point. Also want to check out Chef on Netflix, since I'm doing a bit more cooking at the moment and people on GAF have said it's inspiring.

ReAxion

I think Minions is expected to beat Ant-Man at the US box office this weekend. I hate those yellow bastards, not because of MCU stuff, I'm just so sick of the fuckers at this stage. They are everywhere here. I'm waiting on the YouTube video where the Sentinels from DOFP are replaced with Minions to properly express my disdain for them.

The Minions helped Hitler. They were Nazis and they loved doing it.

Kipp

I think I will just buy a bunch of snacks and veg out in front of EVO for the weekend. I would watch WWE Battleground but I don't have the Network and would rather wait a get a sub with birthday money for NXT Brooklyn and SummerSlam at this point. Also want to check out Chef on Netflix, since I'm doing a bit more cooking at the moment and people on GAF have said it's inspiring.

I stay pretty well away from commercials and stores and whatnot, but even still Minions have way oversaturated my life. Haha. I think I posted 4 Minions-related deals at my job in one day a couple days ago.

Oh man! EVO is this weekend too? I might have to watch a little bit of that.

I stay pretty well away from commercials and stores and whatnot, but even still Minions have way oversaturated my life. Haha. I think I posted 4 Minions-related deals at my job in one day a couple days ago.

Yeah, the marketing for Minions is in overdrive. But the movie isn't that great from the reviews I've read. Not that kids care about that kind of thing.

Tizoc

I hate DC for discontinuing this >=/
LqMvzgE.jpg

Kipp

Oh my goodness. That reminds me. There's a poster on the walk from my car to the office that advertises a town hall meeting regarding mandatory vaccinations. I want to tear it down.

Messi

Shutter has some genuinely touching moments. Like when
Alarm Cat gets his head blown off and the refuses to go play with Chris outside. So Chris goes and makes him a new head out of a burlap bag and he draws a cat face on it. The alarm cat hugs him :)

Love Shutter. Vol 2 has been really great.

I think that was a casualty of CN's anti-cartoon period more than anything you could lay at DC's door.

I appreciated them putting all of those on YouTube, since they never aired on CN here. I think we only got Season 2 of Young Justice in the last year.

The Shazam ones were my favourites, I would watch a whole series of those, and the Tales of Metropolis with Lois Lane trying to get an interview with Batman.

I appreciated them putting all of those on YouTube, since they never aired on CN here. I think we only got Season 2 of Young Justice in the last year.

The Shazam ones were my favourites, I would watch a whole series of those, and the Tales of Metropolis with Lois Lane trying to get an interview with Batman.

Both definite highlights. I think Batman of Shanghai was my all-time favorite, though. That animation... too stronk.

I love the minions I think they're kinda cute.

Hey, you have something in common with my mom.

Shutter has some genuinely touching moments. Like when
Alarm Cat gets his head blown off and the refuses to go play with Chris outside. So Chris goes and makes him a new head out of a burlap bag and he draws a cat face on it. The alarm cat hugs him :)

Love Shutter. Vol 2 has been really great.

Shutter is fantastic. But I'm waiting for the OHC before I buy any of the collected editions.

keiichi

Good. In a bit of a slump atm, IMO, but still good. Art game is on point, and the character writing is still pretty great, but plotwise it sort of feels like its been spinning its wheels for a few issues now. Hopefully it'll regain traction soon.

EDIT: Vol 1. is basically magic, tho, so definitely go for that if you're considering it.

Only read Vol. 1 so far, but it's awesome. Super fun read with fantastically charming art IMO. Also, Maps is the best.

Very fun, light read. Art is out of this world good.

Could be way better. Especially for a lot of the hype and stellar reviews it's gotten. It's solid & charming but not a super page turner/must read.

I do still have to read issues 7 & 8 though. So maybe it's picked up.

Very cool, very charming. The initiative to make Gotham "more than just Batman" has been pretty successful in my eyes.

Thanks for all your thoughts, looks like I'll be picking it up next week. Trying to broaden my reading lists a bit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh my goodness. That reminds me. There's a poster on the walk from my car to the office that advertises a town hall meeting regarding mandatory vaccinations. I want to tear it down.

So you're pro-minion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom