• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shares the gene that allowed banner to turn into the hulk instead of dying instantly (which I believe was the reasoning at one point)

Nah, ain't no gene specifically for surviving gamma blasts, which is why anything that gets gamma-pumped usually becomes some form of hulk, including pigs and rick joneses.

Vibranium

Banned
Ok guys, remind me never to acknowledge Detective-Gaf ever again in the slightest way. I realized I had fanned the flames of false information but didn't catch it quick enough. Oh well, my first and hopefully last ban.

Anyways, how about that Hawkeye finale eh? Felt nice to wrap things up but it will read much better in a full collection. I recommend that to anyone who hasn't started it.

Also picked up all of Invincible on sale digitally again, I'm finding more evidence of where the story may be headed. C'mon Kirkman, we want that heel turn.

Vibranium

Banned
I have problems with horror movies due to logic and stuff like that. Yeah I'm a killjoy. :(

I really liked The Cabin in the Woods for the satire of it all.

Zombine

Banned
Is this a real thing?

RIDING A SKATEBORD

tumblr_nini0eXzXq1u8eh50o1_540.gif

That film has one of the most intense and most frightening scenes in any film I've ever seen.

I have problems with horror movies due to logic and stuff like that. Yeah I'm a killjoy. :(

I really liked The Cabin in the Woods for the satire of it all.

That's the only straight horror I like. Shaun of the Dead and Army of Darkness as well I guess, actually only got into Army of Darkness because of all the comics.

I don't like scary movies in general though, because they mess with my anxiety something fierce and I have bad memories of being forced to sit through the likes of Scream on rain days at school (we had some very gullible teachers). Scary games are perfectly fine with me for some reason. I think it's actually being able to control the character, that and the music.

My new job gives out free movie tickets so I could go see Ant-Man for free if I go to the theater next weekend

I think I'll probably just go see it tomorrow though

Vibranium

Banned
That's the only straight horror I like. Shaun of the Dead and Army of Darkness as well I guess, actually only got into Army of Darkness because of all the comics.

I don't like scary movies in general though, because they mess with my anxiety something fierce and I have bad memories of being forced to sit through the likes of Scream on rain days at school (we had some very gullible teachers). Scary games are perfectly fine with me for some reason. I think it's actually being able to control the character, that and the music.

Hmm I love scary games too. I have anxiety problems as well actually, though during horror movies the thing that usually gets me is the music spikes for jump scares.

Shaun of the Dead and Army of Darkness are amazing, great taste there!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For such a Marvel fanboy, none of my dogs have marvel names. I'm a sham :(

One of them even has a DC name >_<

Hey guys, I'm heading out to New York for the first time ever in a few days. Any comic shop recommendations for when I'm over there?

Forbidden Planet is a very good one. One floor, but really wide and filled with great stuff. Midtown Comics near Times Square is very good - two floors, lots of back issues. Jim Hanley's Comic Books is smaller than the other two, but is still really good, and the people working there are super friendly and helpful.

Calcium

Banned
I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited today. Reading comics on a tablet is going to take some getting used to, but I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't looked through what is offered that much, but I know there is a ton of older stuff I haven't read. I'm starting with Ultimate X-Men and it is pretty good so far. Had a few hiccups with the app, but nothing that bad. I did encounter a couple pages where the speech bubbles were incorrectly placed. Odd.

Zombine

Banned

Certain people here (Messi) know that horror is my favorite genre. Straight up horror, Horror/Sci-Fi, Horror/Fantasy, ect...I dig it all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Groot #2 is legit the best thing marvel's putting out. Even better than Squirrel-Girl.

Yeeeeesssssss! So good. I loved how they let us know what he was saying, and the last page got me super excited.

Had a few hiccups with the app, but nothing that bad. I did encounter a couple pages where the speech bubbles were incorrectly placed. Odd.

Unfortunately, this is to be expected. I don't see the bubble placement being wrong too much but it's not the best running app.

Certain people here (Messi) know that horror is my favorite genre. Straight up horror, Horror/Sci-Fi, Horror/Fantasy, ect...I dig it all.

I don't hate it, or even dislike it, I just find it uncomfortable to watch. I think it's the music actually, like what Vibranium said.

I've never been to one in the cinema, actually I don't think I've been to an 18 rated film that wasn't a comic book movie. I think I need that safety net that I can just go "NOPE, NOPE, NOPE" and turn it off, and I could never walk out of a movie I paid money to see.

I don't even fall asleep watching films, except for Night at the Museum but in my defence the cinema was very dark and warm and I had been awake for four days because of WoW: The Burning Crusade launching around then. I don't miss those days.

Calcium

Banned
Unfortunately, this is to be expected. I don't see the bubble placement being wrong too much but it's not the best running app.

Yeah, I read a few one star reviews before I installed the app. I've encountered a few problems, but usually a quick reload resolves them. Nothing too annoying yet.

Maybe he shouldn't say stuff that gets him banned. Works for me.

I don't see what got him banned. I wish moderation was a more transparent process. Nothing in his recent history strikes me as offensive. Then again I'm a pretty laid back and nobody is on my ignore list. Comic book opinions almost never get me riled up.

Zombine

Banned
Yo dudes...please. Stop talking about Gambit getting banned. If you would like to know why just ask besada.

Don't be a moron. Don't get Freeza'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom