• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
Meh, I'm going to wait for blu-ray with Ant-Man. The trailers managed to get my interest, but not enough to get me into the theater.

Boogiepop

Back from Ant-Man. Definitely enjoyed it, fun movie. I'd say
the villain felt a liiiittle weak. Like I saw what they were going for with him but he just didn't come together quite right for me.
(Not real spoilers really, just some vague opinion stuff, spoiler-ed just to be safe). Also, from a post-movie look-up... am I right in that it looks like Cassie Lang is alive again, but as a civilian? Not really too familiar with the character, just got randomly curious.

Guys, Ant-Man was pretty fun. Had problems and weak elements but overall enjoyable and not terrible. I'ma eat that crow.

I'm going to go see it this weekend, my friend is dead set on seeing it and I told him I'd see it if it got good reviews (75%+ RT). I'm sure it's good film but I'm hoping for a marvel film that breaks from the usual antics and I don't think Ant Man sets out to do this judging by the trailers.

PsychBat!

Banned
Imma enjoy me some Ant-Man tomorrow.
I'm enjoying Ant-Man right now.
QA7gr19.png

Owzers

Print comics....i turned all the lights on just to give print a chance and Hawkeye vol 1 OHC looks a bit drab and unhappy, like a comic reader after he realizes he just bought paper comics in 2015.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Back from Ant-Man. Definitely enjoyed it, fun movie. I'd say
the villain felt a liiiittle weak. Like I saw what they were going for with him but he just didn't come together quite right for me.
(Not real spoilers really, just some vague opinion stuff, spoiler-ed just to be safe). Also, from a post-movie look-up... am I right in that it looks like Cassie Lang is alive again, but as a civilian? Not really too familiar with the character, just got randomly curious.

Yes cassie is back, de-aged and with no apparent memory of being a superhero

I'm going to go see it this weekend, my friend is dead set on seeing it and I told him I'd see it if it got good reviews (75%+ RT). I'm sure it's good film but I'm hoping for a marvel film that breaks from the usual antics and I don't think Ant Man sets out to do this judging by the trailers.
There are elements of Wrights version you can kinda see in the movie with the comedy bits but yeah it keeps going back to the Marvel formula. There are moments where I felt like the movie was originally suppose to be a heist movie. Still go see it. They do some cool stuff with the suit.

He still suffers from being a typical one-note Marvel movie villain but unlike Ultron he put up a fight and wasn't a complete idiot.

That's good. I think what hurt about Ultron the most for me was how cool of an intro he had and as the movie went on it got worse and worse. He was the only villain I thought was actively terrible, the rest are forgettable, Red Skull & Loki are ok.

Messi

I don't see what got him banned. I wish moderation was a more transparent process. Nothing in his recent history strikes me as offensive. Then again I'm a pretty laid back and nobody is on my ignore list. Comic book opinions almost never get me riled up.

Twist.

You are the only one not on my ignorance list.

I only like seeing my own opinions and one counter argument.

wait, do you mean because it's better or because they're connected? I bought the first Ant-Man trade, but I'm waiting for the Superior omni to read that.

I like Superior Foes more plus it's already completed

One of the main characters in Superior Foes does make an appearance in Ant-Man but that's it

So since we don't have any Reading Clubs going on, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest we do a (re)reading club for Hawkguy once the last trade comes out next month.

And since it's scheduled to come out on Amazon on August 11th (the day of my glorious birth) I would like to make the thread.

Pls let me know if you guys would be up for this.

So since we don't have any Reading Clubs going on, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest we do a (re)reading club for Hawkguy once the last trade comes out next month.

And since it's scheduled to come out on Amazon on August 11th (the day of my glorious birth) I would like to make the thread.

but I just reread it

(I will post every day anyway tho for my nigga rave)

dang I was going to wait for the glorious vol 2 OHC

oh ok, I'll save my self for that omni then.

I probably won't even get around to reading Ant-Man by then anyway lol
It's not really an important thing, more like "Hey that's Janice being herself!"
but I just reread it

(I will post every day anyway tho for my nigga rave)

This is for the trade waiters out there.

We could wait till the second OHC or omni comes out but damn that's gonna be a while

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

In. Super in.

The thing I'm not crazy about with the Marvel POPs is that they're Bobbleheads.

This is also made by Hot Toys, and it's about the same size as Funko's Dorbz:

Agreed. I love my Coulson, but the head doesn't sit the way it should and I can't seem to fix it.

TheStig88

I'm totally down. Perfect excuse to pop it to the top of my reading list, as if I needed one if you guys are anything to go by.

I'd be up for this, for real this time

besada

Banned
I don't see what got him banned. I wish moderation was a more transparent process. Nothing in his recent history strikes me as offensive. Then again I'm a pretty laid back and nobody is on my ignore list. Comic book opinions almost never get me riled up.
He got banned for a shitty post in some other (non-comic) thread, and since he'd had multiple bans for the same sorts of shitty posts, the moderator in question bid him farewell. Seriously, though, next time you have questions about moderation, feel free to PM a mod, rather than discuss it in a thread. No one here knows anything you don't about it, except for the moderators.

He got banned for a shitty post in some other (non-comic) thread, and since he'd had multiple bans for the same sorts of shitty posts, the moderator in question bid him farewell. Seriously, though, next time you have questions about moderation, feel free to PM a mod, rather than discuss it in a thread. No one here knows anything you don't about it, except for the moderators.

Gambit should have been more of an asshole. No one ever questions when I get banned.

Messi

Wait...Zombeen doesn't know stuff about moderation?

Freeza get my list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom