• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

So my gripe with digital is that i miss turning pages. Swiping and having another page pop up is not the same "this is a book and i'm reading it" feeling. The only solution i can think of is to buy one tablet per page of a comic and turn the tablets instead.

So my gripe with digital is that i miss turning pages. Swiping and having another page pop up is not the same "this is a book and i'm reading it" feeling. The only solution i can think of is to buy one tablet per page of a comic and turn the tablets instead.

I think you may be onto something there. Need to make sure to bind them together though, so you really solidify that page-turning feel.

And yes, the Gawker story is beyond stupid.

PsychBat!

Banned
Gambit should have been more of an asshole. No one ever questions when I get banned.

1157.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Minions is expected to beat Ant-Man at the US box office this weekend. I hate those yellow bastards, not because of MCU stuff, I'm just so sick of the fuckers at this stage. They are everywhere here. I'm waiting on the YouTube video where the Sentinels from DOFP are replaced with Minions to properly express my disdain for them.

Still kids like them, and it's okay for kids movies to be for kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVpKHyCBPg

besada

Banned
Why do I keep getting Astroglide ads on this thread? Don't they know I'm lonely and baggin' and boardin' ain't a euphemism....
You know the ads are individualized based on sites you've visited recently, right? I'm getting ads for women's shoes, from when I bought my wife a pair of sandals last week.

Pervert.

So, I'm reading some pre-Nu52 Teen Titans stuff. Nothing really notable, just expanding my whole "single character fixation" thing by finally getting around to reading the issues with Jaime in 'em. It's pretty good stuff, honestly. Titans of Tomorrow was a genuinely fun arc.

I have to admit that I cant watch this video right now, but Alan Moore is the last person on earth I take serious when it comes to anything cape book related, espescially when the big two are involved.

He bears a childish hate.

Well it isn't about Marvel. It's about Stan Lee.

And I've been watching Alan Moore videos all week. Quite a few of them are him saying he has nothing against cape books but he hates how the companies are ran and treat creators.

frye

I have to admit that I cant watch this video right now, but Alan Moore is the last person on earth I take serious when it comes to anything cape book related, espescially when the big two are involved.

He bears a childish hate.

And as they've shown him again and again, he's pretty much right about them.

That said, I don't entirely agree with his Stan Lee thing.

So I finished Arkham Knight.

I have no idea what the fuck that ending was supposed to be.

In comics news, I started reading the first volume of Xtreme X-Men. Boy is Claremont's dialogue terrible. Sort of a rough read. It'll all be worth it when I get to the one issue I have read, and the reason why I decided to start from the beginning in the first place:

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well it isn't about Marvel. It's about Stan Lee.

And I've been watching Alan Moore videos all week. Quite a few of them are him saying he has nothing against cape books but he hates how the companies are ran and treat creators.

OK, then he doesnt hate Cape book when they are high intellectual indie stuff.

Just no. Every fucking time he is asked something about mainstream superheros, he goes on a hate train. I cant take this guy serious. I remember how he ranted like a child because Avengers was a insane success. Old Man yells at clouds.

I dont even feel sorry for because of the Watchmen case, no way that the rights issues werent addressed in the contract. Feels for me like he hasnt read it before signing.

frye

Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four, Steve Ditko's Spider-Man, Curt Swan's Superman = high intellectual indie rather than foundational superhero texts

c'mon dude

Calcium

Banned
I'm enjoying Ant-Man right now.

Nice! How is he? Worth getting?

That's some good thinking. It could get pretty pricey if you ever wanted to read an omnibus, though. A cheaper solution would be to buy some lemon juice and keep giving yourself papercuts until you learn to hate paper. It'd work eventually, but it isn't as elegant as your plan.

Holy shit at this Dr. Fate cover....

That's awesome.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four, Steve Ditko's Spider-Man, Curt Swan's Superman = high intellectual indie rather than foundational superhero texts

c'mon dude

That are classics, which most likely brought him into the medium.
Man, then he hates modern mainstream cape books. You know what I mean.

Tizoc

I think that was a casualty of CN's anti-cartoon period more than anything you could lay at DC's door.

DC Nation ran from 2012 to 2014, Adventure Time and Regular show started airing from 2010, had I known any better I'd say it's more CN's Anti-DC :V

ElNarez

Banned
I think that was a casualty of CN's anti-cartoon period more than anything you could lay at DC's door.

Yeah no, the story is actually "Wait a minute we fucked up we made good positive girl characters and now girls are watching oh no what have we done girls can't watch this we're making this for boys because only boys can buy the superhero toys".

Dead serious.

Tizoc

Yeah no, the story is actually "Wait a minute we fucked up we made good positive girl characters and now girls are watching oh no what have we done girls can't watch this we're making this for boys because only boys can buy the superhero toys".

Dead serious.

Unless you got proof to back it up, then that just looks like you're making BS up.

PsychBat!

Banned
Young Justice was aimed at little boys, but attracted the "wrong" demographic: teenage girls. CN just decided to pull the plug because since little boys weren't watching it and therefore were not buying the action figures to YJ, there was no point apparently. CN and WB fucked up.

Tizoc

Justice League 42
I have mixed feelings about this issue, but that last page is hilariously bad
GfH9Egr.jpg

Godzilla in Hell #1 was great tho

Kaijumax #4 had an odd ending,
but that Zonn is totally gonna get his ass handed to him

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Justice League 42

As someone who hasn't read any Justice League, the idea of sitting in a magical chair that tells you everything you want to know is hilarious. Is this a serious thing?

Sandfox

Justice League 42
GfH9Egr.jpg

Godzilla in Hell #1 was great tho

Kaijumax #4 had an odd ending,
but that Zonn is totally gonna get his ass handed to him

Its time for Batman vs Doom.

Zombine

Banned
Strange Fruit gets a pass because fuck Strange Fruit, but are we really going to post re-hosted scans of a book that came out on Wednesday? Someone just got called out for it last week and I don't think it would be fair to give this a pass while he got chewed out.

Be fuckin courteous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom