• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange Fruit gets a pass because fuck Strange Fruit, but are we really going to post re-hosted scans of a book that came out on Wednesday? Someone just got called out for it last week and I don't think it would be fair to give this a pass while he got chewed out.

Be fuckin courteous.
Agreed. People need to knock it off. I dodge spoiler text and then BAM a big unavoidable scan. And for books not even a week old?

Mindwipe

RE: Gawker, I've always said the least plausible part of the Superman mythos isn't the guy who can fly with his underpants on the outside, it's that Lois and Clark are supposed to be good people and journalists.

Also, please try to post all images in quotes. That scales the image to every user's screen resolution and has the added benefit that the image doesn't get quoted with a reply.

RE: Gawker, I've always said the least plausible part of the Superman mythos isn't the guy who can fly with his underpants on the outside, it's that Lois and Clark are supposed to be good people and journalists.

Ironic considering Lois just exposed Superman and Clark quit working...........

Strange Fruit gets a pass because fuck Strange Fruit, but are we really going to post re-hosted scans of a book that came out on Wednesday? Someone just got called out for it last week and I don't think it would be fair to give this a pass while he got chewed out.

Be fuckin courteous.

That is apex jerk. Wow.

Shameful behavior in one of our nation's finest internet communities.

A dark day.

Why would someone think that was ever a good idea.

Zombine

Banned
#KnicksBasketball

the-first-25-games-of-the-knicks-season-in-a-single-gif.jpg

Why do I keep getting Astroglide ads on this thread? Don't they know I'm lonely and baggin' and boardin' ain't a euphemism....

You know the ads are individualized based on sites you've visited recently, right? I'm getting ads for women's shoes, from when I bought my wife a pair of sandals last week.

Pervert.

HAHA, too funny.
I noticed this recently tho,, like how the hell did they know I need some new Disc Golf discs?!

Owzers

I'm against spoilers....of things. But i'm for reading comics, i read Killjoys #3 today.

Hmmm maybe i'm not for reading comics now. I get the same feeling i did when i read Harley, that I want to write dialogue for this book. " Tie your shoes tight because the sun's going to bake all the cakes tonight. The maps are drawn and the unicorns are out. Battery City is going to drain!"

I'm against spoilers....of things. But i'm for reading comics, i read Killjoys #3 today.

Hmmm maybe i'm not for reading comics now. I get the same feeling i did when i read Harley, that I want to write dialogue for this book. " Tie your shoes tight because the sun's going to bake all the cakes tonight. The maps are drawn and the unicorns are out. Battery City is going to drain!"

i bought that on the recent dh sale and the whole time i was like "my heart is tellin me no!"

but cloonan
and sick design
iunno

I've just seen a drunk driving analogy used to describe comics creators appropriating cultures not considered their own, and I don't know what to think about that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I've just seen a drunk driving analogy used to describe comics creators appropriating cultures not considered their own, and I don't know what to think about that.

No, they are LITERALLY the same thing.

Appropriating cultures. Not even once.
Mothers Against Comics Creators Appropriating Cultures Not Considered Their Own.
MACCACNCTO is pretty much just as good of an acronym as MADD.

Vyer

As someone who hasn't read any Justice League, the idea of sitting in a magical chair that tells you everything you want to know is hilarious. Is this a serious thing?

It's not Justice League related, it's New Gods and Metron related. Which has been a thing for decades.

Also, Justice League is pretty good right now.

Kipp

I keep trying to say MACCACNCTO

The "CNC" part is kind of throwing me off though. I think I have to do some sort of glottal stop.

Also, JC, you can be the co-chairman of MACCACNCTO.
Just ignore the fact that you not being a mother in charge of an organization of mothers is pretty much exactly the type of thing that the organization is against.

Just ignore the fact that you not being a mother in charge of an organization of mothers is pretty much exactly the type of thing that the organization is against.

sometimes you have to go against your principles to get things done. Like organization meetings for the Anarchy Alliance.

Zombine

Banned

The "CNC" part is kind of throwing me off though. I think I have to do some sort of glottal stop.

Can I be the drunk driver in the car who runs over the creators to Maxence Cyrin's piano rendition of The Pixies "Where Is My Mind?" Commercial?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I was saying it "Mack-a-kink-to", and it's excellent.

Kipp

Can I be the drunk driver in the car who runs over the creators to Maxence Cyrin's piano rendition of The Pixies "Where Is My Mind?" Commercial?

Okay, this made me laugh hard.

i don't get the drunk driving analogy, I think it's more like rain on your wedding day.

I'd liken it more to a free ride when you've already paid.

I was saying it "Mack-a-kink-to", and it's excellent.

Ooh, nice. Yeah. I like it.
Kinda sounds like the name of a Native American warrior. That's exactly the tone I was going for with this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom