• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tizoc you have failed this city.
VDpbFCp.gif
I've just seen a drunk driving analogy used to describe comics creators appropriating cultures not considered their own, and I don't know what to think about that.
What?
BleedingCool never steals my posts for profit :(

You feel neglected?

Messi

They should use some of the smaller bat characters in arrow. Batwoman would be awesome. They are never using her in a movie so why not use her. Or Nightwing. They might use him in a movie though.

I would kill for a live-action Batwoman show, but I feel like it would come with a price... it'd be CW-ified, most likely.

I think most Batfamily (even though, yes, I know she's not really Batfamily) are off-limits.

Messi

I would kill for a live-action Batwoman show, but I feel like it would come with a price... it'd be CW-ified, most likely.

I think most Batfamily (even though, yes, I know she's not really Batfamily) are off-limits.

Which is a shame because someone like Batwoman could enhance the show as could Nightwing.

Which is a shame because someone like Batwoman could enhance the show as could Nightwing.

Well, actually, I said that before I realized Nightwing/Dick is headlining that Titans series on TNT.

They should totally just make a Batwoman series though.

EDIT: what the hell, Chris Evans is coming to salt lake comic con? I might have to go...

Messi

Well, actually, I said that before I realized Nightwing/Dick is headlining that Titans series on TNT.

They should totally just make a Batwoman series though.

EDIT: what the hell, Chris Evans is coming to salt lake comic con? I might have to go...

Wait, Titans series?

Starfire?

Yeah, only thing is progressing has been pretty slow... but it's coming.

It's kind of weird because you have to wonder what kind of tone the show would have. TNT is a completely different demographic than CW (or any other broadcast network, for that matter), and they've notably dropped the "Teen".

Oh yeah, I thought I had heard through the grapevine that Babs might be in it.

Sara was cool.

Laurel was also trained by Nyssa. Diggle was trained by the U.S. military.

Ok, fair point about Laurel/Nyssa. Maybe she could salmon ladder. Maybe.

Messi

Yeah, only thing is progressing has been pretty slow... but it's coming.

It's kind of weird because you have to wonder what kind of tone the show would have. TNT is a completely different demographic than CW (or any other broadcast network, for that matter), and they've notably dropped the "Teen".

Oh yeah, I thought I had heard through the grapevine that Babs might be in it.

Ok, fair point about Laurel/Nyssa. Maybe she could salmon ladder. Maybe.

That says Dick, Raven, Starfire and Oracle. That's a dope team and I would be there from day one. Hopefully it isn't too grim dark.

Who do you even cast for Starfire. Clearly Olivia wilde wouldn't do it, so who else?

headshot95

Neo Member
I got to read an early release of Wolf a couple of weeks back. I know most people here hate on Kot but people should check this book out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ant Man was fucking awesome, and its up there with Winter Soldier, Ironman 1 and Guardians for me (my favorite MCU movies)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Aww yeah! My shift just got cut tomorrow morning and I asked Sunday off, so I've got the whole weekend off! Woooo!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
A whole weekend to not read comics.

It's a free weekend without any giant time-consuming plans (well, I might go bouldering all day Sunday, but I'm not sure that's happening anymore), so I actually could get around to reading comics. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom