• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to figure out what comics I can maybe pay half attention to while watching EVO this weekend. Or maybe I won't even try reading. I dunno yet.

headshot95

Neo Member
How'd you get that early release, yo?

I guess Kot was on Twitter saying if you wanted an early copy just ask and he would send you the PDF. My friend got one and forwarded it to me. It was a way to get some hype around it because the order date for shops was coming up.

Messi

I like Bendis, I think he gets way more hate than he deserves. He deserves some criticism but nowhere near the vitriol that gets thrown at him.

fauxtrot

Banned
Can you tell me if there is anyone who plays with just Kitana?

There are almost 1000 players in the tournament, so I can guarantee you you'll see some amazing Kitana play if you watch.

I'm a SF / GG dude myself, but MKX is a lot of fun to watch... I'd suggest checking out SFIV as well if you're bored, you may be surprised how exciting it is, even as a spectator.

Yerp, no one has ever manifested a dislike for Mignola here, so he'd take numbah one.

Then again, no one has ever manifested a dislike for Ewing either. Alas, not even remotely a comparable body of work, so it'd be an unfair comparison.

Think peoples also like Mike Carey a ton too. Certainly haven't ever read a flat-out bad story by him.
Brubaker is also wonderfully consistent.

headshot95

Neo Member
With the exception of Vito, Kot is very well liked here and we tend to praise his work. I'd say he gets about as much praise here as Hickman.

That's true, I know there is a core of users here that are always praising his stuff. Guess I just mistook the other stuff, probably got a little too defenseive on my part as Kot is one of my favorite writers.

I still stand by my other statement though. People should grab Wolf next week.

TheStig88

Can you tell me if there is anyone who plays with just Kitana?
Couldn't tell you honestly. Don't really follow MKX. Probably a safe bet you'll see some though.

I sort of feel like a fake. The last year I basically haven't watched any tournaments since last EVO. I haven't even watched majors (Although I caught a bit of CEO this year).
I know that feeling. I've caught a few this year but I don't watch nearly as many tournies as I'd like. A lot of that has to do with working at 4am so I'm always sleeping by the time we're even close to GFs. Got the whole weekend off for EVO though.

Messi

There are almost 1000 players in the tournament, so I can guarantee you you'll see some amazing Kitana play if you watch.

I'm a SF / GG dude myself, but MKX is a lot of fun to watch... I'd suggest checking out SFIV as well if you're bored, you may be surprised how exciting it is, even as a spectator.

Awesome. Where can I watch?

Omg bojack horseman season 2 is out already. Holy shit. I hope charlotte the deer is in this season.

fauxtrot

Banned
Awesome. Where can I watch?

Omg bojack horseman season 2 is out already. Holy shit. I hope charlotte the deer is in this season.

Here is a link to the schedule, times are on the side and stream channels are on the top. MKX doesn't start until Saturday morning, but will be on most of that day. Street Fighter, Smash Bros, Persona Arena, and Tekken are currently streaming.

Here is a link to all of the EVO related twitch streams for the day (just click on the appropriate channel on the left side).

Who's vito?

a miserable pile of posts
jk
idk he came in one day. called kot an asshole. when pressed for more details he said he thought kot was an asshole based on his twitter posts. most of us disagreed and then he tried to twist Filthy Slug's words around for some reason.

He posts every once in a while. I think mostly about Sean G Murphy art

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
a miserable pile of posts
jk
idk he came in one day. called kot an asshole. when pressed for more details he said he thought kot was an asshole based on his twitter posts. most of us disagreed and then he tried to twist Filthy Slug's words around for some reason.

He posts every once in a while. I think mostly about Sean G Murphy art

Oh lol. That guy...
That was a fun day in ComicsGAF.

It totally does. Where's my Thea pop?

Did you guys see that bestselling author and enemy of ComicGAF Ales Kot's Wolf #1 is 58 pages for $5. Check it.

Pre-ordered four copies and giving three of them to my friends. Then going to a signing at Meltdown comics on the 29th. It's going to be Ales Kot and James Tynion IV. So I will probably end up buying like 5 copies.

I got to read an early release of Wolf a couple of weeks back. I know most people here hate on Kot but people should check this book out.
*cough*pls*cough*

I guess Kot was on Twitter saying if you wanted an early copy just ask and he would send you the PDF. My friend got one and forwarded it to me. It was a way to get some hype around it because the order date for shops was coming up.

How did I miss this?

I've found both writers' runs on X-Men to be pretty boring.

I feel like X-men would be the hardest comics to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom