• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so since this is like the first or second community I have the most activity in, I might as well use this as a shameless plug...

Hey there, boys and girls! Do you like mafia?

If so, I am running a themed game (Danganronpa, hence the avatar) for the upcoming season of our mafia community games. For those unfamiliar with the mafia community here on GAF, we're a relatively new community, but we're growing very quickly. We play forum mafia and so far we've been trying to keep things very basic and open to newcomers. Needless to say, it is an absolute blast and we're very welcoming to anyone who wants to participate, even if they've never played mafia in their life!

If you're interested, sign up in this thread.

What happened?
What I do?
Is it the JL 42 'Spoiler'?
Cuz Johns current JL story ain't all it's jacked up to be.

Besides I'd assumed y'all read your comics by Wednesday anyways @_@
Eh I'll just spoiler tags next time unless it's a comic you kids don't care to read.

I read my comics by the Wednesday 6 months after it's released. :)

I didn't mind that particular spoiler, but I would rather you tag any future ones.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
We should probably just follow Spikes spoiler rules.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot of grey area here. We've got:
1) The OT spoiler rules
and
2) Legality of page scans/Comixology ToS/all that jazz

Not really much to argue about.

What happened?
What I do?

Eh I'll just spoiler tags next time unless it's a comic you kids don't care to read.
Hi I bought JL 42 and I haven't read it yet because I:
1. Work during the week
2. I have multiple comics to read along with other very time consuming hobbies

It's not cool to post the ending page to a comic that released two days ago. Even if it has been teased, at least show some courtesy for those of us who DO plan on reading it. Thanks.

And you could stop addressing everyone as "you kids", I think we're all adults here.

Lol

If comics gaf had a rotten tomatoes type rating mignola would probably come out with the highest percentage

I've never heard of anyone ever hating on Mignola
Because the man writes what he likes and I'll be damned if I hear someone say his art is bad.

Fight me!
I feel like X-men would be the hardest comics to write.

I'll agree. I mean, you basically have to make an X-team that makes sense regarding all the canon. It's got to be rough to write that book.

Magik is a boring character

What happened?
What I do?

It's that attitude that makes me not want to post here anymore. Some people think the current Jutice League run has been amazing and would be pissed if you spoiled it for them. Don't make assumptions.

It's that attitude that makes me not want to post here anymore. Some people think the current Jutice League record run has been amazing and would be pissed if you spoiled it for them. Don't make assumptions b

Don't let a couple of rotten apples chase you off.

Shitty attitude, Tizoc. I know it sucks to get called out by the entire community but there are rules, here. It's not that hard to follow them.

So since we don't have any Reading Clubs going on, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest we do a (re)reading club for Hawkguy once the last trade comes out next month.

And since it's scheduled to come out on Amazon on August 11th (the day of my glorious birth) I would like to make the thread.

Pls let me know if you guys would be up for this.

YES, I would be 100% down for this.

Just finished Tomb Raider, that's my fourth game in as many weeks, disgraceful behaviour tbh. I see there are comics set after the game, are they any good? I'm guessing no.

Messi

Don't let a couple of rotten apples chase you off.

Shitty attitude, Tizoc. I know it sucks to get called out by the entire community but there are rules, here. It's not that hard to follow them.

Pretty much this.

Plus Korupt, I want you to say if for nothing else but to live vicariously through someone who risks money each month on new Suicide Squad. :D

YES, I would be 100% down for this.

Just finished Tomb Raider, that's my fourth game in as many weeks, disgraceful behaviour tbh. I see there are comics set after the game, are they any good? I'm guessing no.

By Gail Simone. How bad could they be?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ya same. I'm doing Gladiator. My friends got a slight start over me so i have like 5 levels to catch up but it's pretty solid

I'm still active in FFXIV. I haven't played in a bit, though. You guys in the Ultros FC?

nice, i got to 50 with my Scholar and geared him a little bit, but didn't really enjoy end-game dungeoning

everyone was super nice during the leveling process, but like 90% of people are dicks when doing endgame content

i'm in Ultros but it was just "the regulars" talking and no one else really seemed to communicate

when i get back into it, the three of us should crew up

Ant-Man was a fun movie, bros.

damn, gotta wait til Wed to see it

can't wait

nice, i got to 50 with my Scholar and geared him a little bit, but didn't really enjoy end-game dungeoning

everyone was super nice during the leveling process, but like 90% of people are dicks when doing endgame content

i'm in Ultros but it was just "the regulars" talking and no one else really seemed to communicate

when i get back into it, the three of us should crew up

Yeah for sure. I'm still a 53 BLM due to a bunch of things getting in the way.

I totally get what you mean. The worst I experienced was when I got booted from WoD because it was my first time and I didn't know the patterns. Whenever people don't know stuff, I explain it to them and whenever I'm running a dungeon fresh I always ask if there's anything I need to know beforehand; still, people can really be dicks.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I had laughed when someone had told me three years ago that Ant Man would be more enjoyable for me than Avengers 2.

And man, those sweet
Spidey teases.

Out of 5, how many Thanos would you give this movie?

I would give it a solid 4.2 Thanos out of 5.

I think I enjoyed it more than Age of Ultron. The smaller scale (ha ha ha ha) allowed the movie to work better since it didn't have quite so many moving parts plot-wise as Avengers 2 did.

Antman is probably one of my favorite movies of all time but I'm biased.

I also read Rage of Ultron, which was pretty great loved the relationship between Ultron, hank, and vision. Art is amazing. I hope bring back that stuff from ending but I doubt it besides Antman comics.
Antman annual was ok. Kind like new guy they are setting up but it's not as funny as it thinks it is. I did like the master of evil dig.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am just a little bit salty that they didnt
retcon Ultrons origin. They could just throw in a line, like "man, I created the prototyp, etc."

I would give it a solid 4.2 Thanos out of 5.

I think I enjoyed it more than Age of Ultron. The smaller scale (ha ha ha ha) allowed the movie to work better since it didn't have quite so many moving parts plot-wise as Avengers 2 did.

tumblr_n9ypsznL5a1sktk2oo3_500.gif

I'm late to the party on a ton of SW books.

Renew Your Vows #2 was good
And Thors
Loved Siege #1

Have to wait till Sunday for Ant-Man but I'll get to go to the best imax theatre in GA

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite part of Ant-Man might be that now I can get this framed and not have to worry about not liking the movie.

I bought them when Edgar Wright was still directing and have been worried about it ever since he left.

TheStig88

One more to the "Ant-Man was fun as shit" list. Far better than AoU and every bit as good as Guardians IMO. Think I'll be double dipping on this one.

The more I think about Ant-Man the more I end up liking it. I might see it again. The appeal is in the suit and it's power. Marvel can do so many creative things with it in future MCU movies.

I came here to ask a question and I fucking forgot what it was

Edit: how is Carol corps (this was not the original question but shit, whatever )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom