• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Science 16... god damn man.

Rebecca... shit man. I started the issue thinking damn she's scummy but fuck Grant anyway since he fell for it. By the end she's full on unforgivable. She was about to fucking gun down Pia!!! Now Kadir's dead because of her too. I honestly don't blame Grant for reading that situation wrong. It was an impulsive move but there was so little time and no way he could have known how far too shit things had gone in his absence. Is Rebecca dead the next jump? I could honestly see Grant flying off the handle again. Even Pia tbh. Damn...

Another damn fine issue. I gatta get around to reading Fear Agent soon. Remender is my personal two times monthly hero at this point. I should have read Lumberjanes & Giant Days first. Nothings following that chapter right now.

TheStig88

The more I think about Ant-Man the more I end up liking it. I might see it again. The appeal is in the suit and it's power. Marvel can do so many creative things with it in future MCU movies.
For sure. I really love how much they played with it in the action scenes. I can't wait to see it in action with other heroes to bounce off of.

First half of library pickup for this weekend.

KKx0Bq1.jpg

Picked up Umbrella Academy because the limited editions that Freeza posted looked cool.

This isn't true.

See the new Batgirl, should be perfect for me right ? Art aside...its crap.

It hurt you to type that, didn't it?

I don't hate hipster Batgirl, but I feel like the book is struggling to find its identity, and thus who its target audience is supposed to be.

I'm still active in FFXIV. I haven't played in a bit, though. You guys in the Ultros FC?

nice, i got to 50 with my Scholar and geared him a little bit, but didn't really enjoy end-game dungeoning

everyone was super nice during the leveling process, but like 90% of people are dicks when doing endgame content

i'm in Ultros but it was just "the regulars" talking and no one else really seemed to communicate

when i get back into it, the three of us should crew up

I'm in Leviathan, it's where my other bros started up

Messi

It hurt you to type that, didn't it?

I don't hate hipster Batgirl, but I feel like the book is struggling to find its identity, and thus who its target audience is supposed to be.

Not at all, if I don't like a book I have no problem saying I don't like it.

Spider-Gwen! Nah, dropped. Couldn't hold my interest and felt the art was carrying more than its fair share of the work. Not totally mad for the art either.

Messi

I used to read every book with a female lead from DC and Marvel regardless of quality. I wasn't good at telling what was good and what was bad. I was just happy to be reading about powerful female superheroes. But over time I learned what I enjoyed and what I didnt. I read too many books or kept pulling books out of an obligation to keep supporting female led books. I should have dropped Catwoman, I should have dropped Gails Batgirl, Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, Birds of Prey.

But don't get me wrong. I still read Hijinks books. But now I just pull books that I want to read right now. Not stuff that is going to sit for months because the content is bad.

I read Nocenti's Catwoman for 18 issues monthly. Out of obligation. I gave her 50ish dollars before I bought the trades. That is fucking nuts.

but i'm still reading Killjoys.

How is it? Good? I'm thinking of getting the Deluxe Edition just to have the full set of Gerard Way books in that format along with the two Umbrella Academy volumes.

I read too many books or kept pulling books out of an obligation to keep supporting female led books. I should have dropped Catwoman, I should have dropped Gails Batgirl, Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, Birds of Prey.

You're right, Messi. It's time to stop pulling Harley Quinn.

Messi

How is it? Good? I'm thinking of getting the Deluxe Edition just to have the full set of Gerard Way books in that format along with the two Umbrella Academy volumes.

Maybe for you it is. If it isn't for you then I fully support dropping it. For me it's the first book I read on the week it is out.

Owzers

I dunno, it feels like when you like a band/movie franchise and then they release that weird disappointing album/sequel. Worse than Jurassic Park 3 for me so far, 4 issues in out of 6. Cloonan's art isn't carrying it. There's nothing in the story so far that i consider "likable", no character or plot point.

I dunno, it feels like when you like a band/movie franchise and then they release that weird disappointing album/sequel. Worse than Jurassic Park 3 for me so far, 4 issues in out of 6. Cloonan's art isn't carrying it. There's nothing in the story so far that i consider "likable", no character or plot point.

Yeah, I did hear it was a shitty series, which is why I was surprised when you said you were into it the other day. But if Cloonan's art can't save it, then it's garbage. I can put up with a lot for her art.

Just saw Ant-Man.
What I am about to say will seem sacrilegious and controversial, so I understand if the ComicGaf God's banish me from this place, but seeing as I lurk and very rarely post in this thread it'll hardly be a loss to anyone.

Leaving the cinema theatre after seeing Ant-Man I had the same feelings that I had when I came away from seeing the very first Iron Man movie that first time all those years ago...'Whoah. I love it and I want more of it...I just wish the comics were better and on a par with the movie I just saw.'

They have managed to turn a range of characters, that I previously knew a fair bit about, yet didn't care much for, into something of interest.

I am tired

Messi. I think Harley and PG should be teamed-up full time. PG balances out Harley's weirdness, which is what I think is the weakness of her solo book.

Just saw Ant-Man.
What I am about to say will seem sacrilegious and controversial, so I understand if the ComicGaf God's banish me from this place, but seeing as I lurk and very rarely post in this thread it'll hardly be a loss to anyone.

Leaving the cinema theatre after seeing Ant-Man I had the same feelings that I had when I came away from seeing the very first Iron Man movie that first time all those years ago...'Whoah. I love it and I want more of it...I just wish the comics were better and on a par with the movie I just saw.'

They have managed to turn a range of characters, that I previously knew a fair bit about, yet didn't care much for, into something of interest.

Where's the sacrilegious and controversial comment? Old-school Ant-Man was boring as shit. You can say it.

Just saw Ant-Man.

The current Ant-Man run with Scott Lang is great and well worth reading.

Owzers

Yeah, I did hear it was a shitty series, which is why I was surprised when you said you were into it the other day. But if Cloonan's art can't save it, then it's garbage. I can put up with a lot for her art.

I was trying to keep an open mind because i also read a few negative things about it here, but after issue 3 i think it's doomed. I'll finish it because i like finishing things within reason.

Zombine

Banned
Ant Man was a perfect movie. I got so excited by the scene at the end I kind of swelled up a bit. It's gorgeous.

10/10

A+

Going again asap

Zombine

Banned
You mean the part with the Wasp costume reveal?
I'm glad Evangeline Lilly found life after that shit-heap LOST.

YES. Holy fuck it was amazing. I loved that movie so much and I actually did myself a favor by crapping on it regularly. I didn't read a whole lot into the production of the movie so I was shocked during the
Falcon vs Ant Man fight.

I mean come on...it doesn't get any better than that.

Weren't you a bit apprehensive about it as well? Really can't wait to watch it now.

I believe I said something about eating dick flavored crow if it was good. I'm hoping nobody finds that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just hope the movie doesnt fails.
We had pre-preview and it was shown in the smallest room in the cinema and it was just like half full... Officiall start is thursday, but it leaves a bad feeling.

Where's the sacrilegious and controversial comment? Old-school Ant-Man was boring as shit. You can say it.

Thank you! I feel free!

I have read the Kirkman run and that was pretty good and the Ultimates Hank Pym was interesting take on the character.

I was also happy to see how well represented that Edgar Wright is and was in that movie given all that went down. I definitely got the feeling that he was involved.

I knew nothing about this movie before and that was probably a good thing.

Also Michael Douglas nailed it! I loved him swearing too.

so ant man is actually pretty good? im watching train wreck and ant man this weekend. i wasnt as excited about ant man. i usually see movies on thursdays when they open but i wasnt feeling it. good to know its pretty good

Zombine

Banned
so ant man is actually pretty good? im watching train wreck and ant man this weekend. i wasnt as excited about ant man. i usually see movies on thursdays when they open but i wasnt feeling it. good to know its pretty good

Really dug the film. Honestly I think Yellowjacket is the only non-jobber villain in the MCU. Watching them fight was like watching a healthy Daniel Bryan and a non-buried Dolf Ziggler match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom