• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth taking on the outside world to go see it.

Well, it's not just that. I was on a placement at the cinema for the last six months, and I'm skittish about going back to places I've worked. I haven't really been feeling well since it ended, and if the staff want to have a chat, I'll panic and probably faint or something.

I'll think about it, maybe go Sunday morning or something when it's completely dead.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
who catches the flu in the middle of summer?

smh wish i could get up and see ant-man

guess ill just continue to lay here and die

Really dug the film. Honestly I think Yellowjacket is the only non-jobber villain in the MCU. Watching them fight was like watching a healthy Daniel Bryan and a non-buried Dolf Ziggler match.
I dont understand your wrasslin speak.

I used to read every book with a female lead from DC and Marvel regardless of quality. I wasn't good at telling what was good and what was bad. I was just happy to be reading about powerful female superheroes. But over time I learned what I enjoyed and what I didnt. I read too many books or kept pulling books out of an obligation to keep supporting female led books. I should have dropped Catwoman, I should have dropped Gails Batgirl, Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, Birds of Prey.

But don't get me wrong. I still read Hijinks books. But now I just pull books that I want to read right now. Not stuff that is going to sit for months because the content is bad.

I read Nocenti's Catwoman for 18 issues monthly. Out of obligation. I gave her 50ish dollars before I bought the trades. That is fucking nuts.

These are the words of a former addict. This is like that speech that one dude makes in The Wire.

I just remembered that I've got a Groupon for a few local theaters just sitting unusued. Might finally use it to go see Ant-Man.

Do you have to have seen AoU?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just remembered that I've got a Groupon for a few local theaters just sitting unusued. Might finally use it to go see Ant-Man.

Do you have to have seen AoU?
No, but there was a small reference.

Its actually one of the best standalone movies. There are a couple of things you will notice when you have seen everything, but it works very good alone.

fauxtrot

Banned
So Ant-Man takes place post-AoU? I expected it to have happened before.

Also, can someone contruct a Bridge so I can visit a universe where Edgar Wright finished Ant-Man? I would love to know how different it would have been... even getting to read his script would be awesome.

ReAxion

Well, it's not just that. I was on a placement at the cinema for the last six months, and I'm skittish about going back to places I've worked. I haven't really been feeling well since it ended, and if the staff want to have a chat, I'll panic and probably faint or something.

I'll think about it, maybe go Sunday morning or something when it's completely dead.

I don't go back to the theater I worked at, either. It's been like a decade and the theater has changed ownership a couple times, too. Still... nah, no thanks.

We go back to the theater my wife used to work at in high school (late 90s) every now and then and occasionally see a person that still works there after all this time. Those are weird encounters.

Zombine

Banned
We go back to the theater my wife used to work at in high school (late 90s) every now and then and occasionally see a person that still works there after all this time. Those are weird encounters.

How about when you get bored and go peek into windows in random houses and then you notice that you're peeking into your old bosses house. It's strange how that happens. It's happened to me at least twice. What about you guys?

Whoa.....Bro. Are we gonna make this a PG vs. Harley thing, bro? Because you know I'm on Team PG, bro.

Bro.

tumblr_inline_mseii4GTxx1qz4rgp.png

fauxtrot

Banned
Now that we brought up wrestling, I can't help but think about how excited I am for the rumored
swerve
at Battleground this Sunday. I'm gonna be in Tahoe all weekend, though, so I dunno how I'm going to watch the EVO finals and that at the same time... it's gonna be tough enough to get to enjoy one of the two on my tablet. :(

Zombine

Banned
You know what was weird about my Ant Man experience though? We went to the early show and it was dead. There were maybe 7 people in the entire theater and nobody other than us for a good 20 minutes. Then this random dude came in and he could have sat anywhere else in the theater but he sat right next to us.

Wat.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You know what was weird about my Ant Man experience though? We went to the early show and it was dead. There were maybe 7 people in the entire theater and nobody other than us for a good 20 minutes. Then this random dude came in and he could have sat anywhere else in the theater but he sat right next to us.

Wat.

Awww, how cute! He totally liked you. Did you get his number?

Also, can someone contruct a Bridge so I can visit a universe where Edgar Wright finished Ant-Man? I would love to know how different it would have been... even getting to read his script would be awesome.

This! I would pay to see this too. As I said before it did have a bit of an Edgar Wright feel, you can tell he was involved and he did get a good few mentions in the credits. I imagine his version would have had much fewer references to the wider MCU and it would have felt much more stand alone.

Oh thats a bigger deal then. I can see why you wouldnt be too fussed on going, makes things a little awkward. Sometimes the fear of the event is worse than the actual event you fear...avoidance is a completely normal coping strategy, but it isn't always the best.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Wat.
Thats why I dont pee in open toilets (no clue how you call them). When there is room, never another person will take distance to you. They are always standing right next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom