• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Walking Dead # 143-144: I dunno.....(spoiler time):

I think these enemies have the weakest sales pitch so far and make Neagan look like a genius. In fact, i don't see how this doesn't get Neagan back in the game. Also, that's a lot of heads that i don't remember attached to bodies and I knew they were going to be building up to someone i'd actually remember, and that was pretty harsh but Kirkman could have taken our Andrea away. I'm losing hope in a King Carl, he's been weakened by an eye-socket licker.
Still good stuff but i'm not liking the current villains. A randomly strong 7/10 with gripes.

This post is the equivalent of Giant Bomb saying they liked something.

I listened to a podcast where a dude talked about doing this.

He said the reason he had done it was that he felt like people would judge him because he went to the movies alone, so he sat near someone else to make it look like he was with them, lol.

....Who cares? People actin' like they're still in high school and shit. You're in a room with a bunch of strangers you're never going to see again. Who has fucks to give?

Boogiepop

Ahem, X-23 was sold to sadists and masochists. You know, so she could take a beating or cut unlethaly some clients. AKA typical shitty stuff.

Read Majorie Liu's X-23 or Kyle and Yost's X-force.

It's pretty terrible.

Marjorie Liu's X-23 series is good stuff, but heavy on the hijinks.

The arc where she was hanging out with Vampire Jubilee was the best. :D

Crap, you guys had me ready to put something on my "oh that sounds interesting" list (the Marjorie Liu run), but apparently volume 2 is in price-jacked hell. That's a shame. I guess I could always add it to my MU backlog? :(

TheStig88

Crap, you guys had me ready to put something on my "oh that sounds interesting" list (the Marjorie Liu run), but apparently volume 2 is in price-jacked hell. That's a shame. I guess I could always add it to my MU backlog? :(
Peaked my interest too until I saw that. Cheapest I saw was like $77. I wonder why Vol. 2 was the lone volume that jumped like that.

Was it a tie-in that Cassie came back in? The thing I read just said "during the Axis event", but I guess that doesn't mean the core series.

I read all of AXIS and I don't remember it ever being mentioned. If it was in a tie-in it had to have been rather minor since just about everyone here was like:

"hey when did Cassie come back"
"Iunno b"

Same kinda people that worry about going to a restaurant alone, prolly.

Y'all shouldn't mock people with anxiety issues.

We're people too, and we would tell you this if we were comfortable in social situations!

Usually, I would go to the movies alone, apart from an annual excursion to Dublin at Christmas for some IMAX goodness (Hobbit last two years, hopefully Star Wars this year).

As far as restaurants, generally I don't eat out since I started cooking more, but if I'm too far away to walk home with the grub before it gets cold I'll sit down. I went for a walk the other day and ended up stopping at the McDonalds (I know, not a restaurant per se) at the edge of town for this reason. I blame GAMEPROFF talking about Twix McFlurries awhile back for this.

Inverted Doom decided to use a mcguffin to rez Cassie Lang instead of, y'know, stopping the red skull or whatever. Because whoever was chief editor at the time couldn't be bothered to tell Rememder that Doom got his sense of guilt stripped away via a Wish.

I assure you that my short description is considerably better than the drek you'll find in those ishs.

Going to restaraunts alone is just weird. But I go to the movies by myself sometimes. You know who cares? NOBODY.

Said the person that spends her friday nights in a comic book thread in a videogame forum.

No one cares about anything, evidently. Alas, those people aren't having completely rational responses due to shitty genes/infancy or whatever. Not solely their fault. Plz understand and prescribe beta blockers.

Inverted Doom decided to use a mcguffin to rez Cassie Lang instead of, y'know, stopping the red skull or whatever. Because whoever was chief editor at the time couldn't be bothered to tell Rememder that Doom got his sense of guilt stripped away via a Wish.

I assure you that my short description is considerably better than the drek you'll find in those ishs.

Honestly I don't think Remender was really to blame for a lot of it. Like yeah, the dialogue and whole idea of Red Onslaught was straight :Remender: but some of the other stuff didn't feel like something he would come up with.

I remember him saying that he wanted it to be the big finale for the Apocalypse stuff he had started with X-Force and that whole bit felt really rushed in the main book. And considering it wasn't supposed to be an event at first, I have a feeling he didn't have full control over the entire plot.

Said the person that spends her friday nights in a comic book thread in a videogame forum.

No one cares about anything, evidently.

I don't always go out on Friday nights, but why would that stop me from posting? Mobile, yo.

And of course people don't care about anything - they're too wrapped up in their own shit to care about what anyone else is doing.

I don't always go out on Friday nights, but why would that stop me from posting? Mobile, yo.

Hahahaha, i'm not at home browsing gaf on a friday night. Noo, im at the CLUUUB browsing gaf on a friday night.

That's, like, even sadder. Which is what i would say were i a judge judy sorta character. Which i aint.

I mean, gods, drunken friday and saturday nights out are made for texting/hitting on peoples, not browsing comigaf.

Owzers

I'm going to die alone and y'all are mocking my life.

I mean...i am totally not going to die alone because i don't say negative things.

also, i'm watching It Follows.

'Twas an example. Replace for any kind of activity you consider hip enough to deem worthy of performing.

Since clubs are not hip enough for you.

Me and JC tbh

Also, IST emailed me and told me that BPRD Plague of Frogs 1 TPB is on backorder so I just asked them to refund the book since they offered. Just gonna order it off Amazon since I see some of the hardcovers are pricey and I'd rather just keep the whole series uniform. But I'm probably gonna head to the shop to pick up some knick knacks for my cubicle at work so I'll just see if I can grab it there.

shiiiiiiiiiiii-

Catching up on the thread right now but seeing this post made me check my email and...
APHRODITE IX COMPLETE OVERSIZED HC is temporarily out of stock and is on backorder with our distributor. Is there anything you would like to substitute? Otherwise, we can refund this book. We apologize for the problem.

Dammit...

Vibranium

Banned

Remender has never cared about continuity too much. I mean it was nice that he retconned that stupid Snap Wilson thing for Falcon in Captain America, but he really does his own story, for better or for worse.

I really wish Marvel editors cared more about making the universe fit together, it can be done without compromising a writer's story. Things like art details and plot points stand out too often.

'Twas an example. Replace for any kind of activity you consider hip enough to deem worthy of performing.

Since clubs are not hip enough for you.

I doubt there's any point in substituting or comparing social activities... I'm pretty sure we're in completely different age demographics.

Dammit...

Wow, it went OOS again? I just nabbed it from Midtown Comics, unfortunately pretty close to list price.

Majorie Liu please come back to black widow

..or comics in general

Seriously, all those Avengers books and they can't find one for her?

She has an Image book coming soon though, which sounds pretty rad:

Image Comics is pleased to announce that bestselling writer Marjorie Liu (X-Men, Tiger Eye) and Sana Takeda (Ms. Marvel) are teaming up for an all-new ongoing fantastic adventure set in an alternate 1900s Asia—MONSTRESS.

In MONSTRESS, readers are transported into the early 1900s, where immense Leviathans roam the Earth, wielding unimaginable powers that many have long desired to exploit. When a teenage girl with a mysterious past forms a tenuous psychic bond with the most dangerous of all the Leviathans, she becomes the target of both human and otherworldly authorities who will stop at nothing to possess her—to control her, and control the Lord of the all the Leviathans. What they don’t count on is the courage of the girl herself—and the fact that she is slowly becoming more than human...

monstresspromo_330_501.jpg

Shh sillymonkey, browse this thread and you'll feel better about your life.

Mine would probably look like:

Either that, or I'd be too afraid to write in it and "ruin" it.

Vibranium

Banned
Majorie Liu please come back to black widow

..or comics in general

I always wish for Liu to come back to Widow with every bone in my body, but apparently the current rumor floating around is that Waid and Samnee could be taking over BW.

I'm actually ok with that, Natasha having fun without "blood on her ledger" would be awesome. Let her kick ass without being upset all the time.

TheStig88

Well it's not exactly something you can really read on the bus or tell your friends haha. Great book and Sejic is in my top tier of artists.
Sheeit, sometimes I get anxious having Ally for my phone background. Just waiting for someone to ask about it and watch it go from there.

She has an Image book coming soon though, which sounds pretty rad:
Rad isn't the half of it. That sounds fucking awesome.

She has an Image book coming soon though, which sounds pretty rad

Marvel doesnt have her on a book, in all likelihood, because they don't want to. Might take work to bring her back ::shrug::

That book looks awesome. Will get

Vibranium

Banned
Marvel doesnt have her on a book, in all likelihood, because they don't want to. Might take work to bring her back ::shrug::

That book looks awesome. Will get

Considering The Name of the Rose is considered one of the best Black Widow stories ever told it really baffles me. A female creator with a fanbase and some recognition with the mainstream press. Marvel really could use her.

Thanks for the kind words Messi! Comics-Gaf and hijinks are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom