• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
i needed someone who could manage our finances and also liked rocks

We're so happy together <3

Would love to go one year, and I'm sure that shouldn't be surprising considering my GAF username is the name of a Guilty Gear move.

I always wondered where that name came from.
But yeah, I'd love to go to EVO one day too. It'd be an awesome experience. I'm only really into SF3:3S, but I'd love to go to EVO just for the experience. Plus I'm only like a 6 hour drive away and hotels in Las Vegas are super cheap.

Owzers

finished It Follows, I liked it mainly since it reminded me of older horror movies thanks to the soundtrack. Not sure about the pacing though. Next up is the Lazarus Effect tomorrow.

Because the new costume for the Conner run covers so much more.

I'm not gonna argue that the Conner costume isn't much better, both from a modesty standpoint and a design one, but the number of people who basically wrote off the character (and the series) based on the costume alone is kind of staggering.

Messi

starfire_580_54d4455aa93ab4.02851888.jpg

Is so much better than this thing..

Dammit, Messi. Why aren't you on Steam.

I am not at home

The Bee and Puppycat comic was written by a gaffer if anyone is interested
Who? Natasha Allegri? Gaf name?
I dunno, BW is pretty consistent sales wise and does much better than Captain Marvel. (I realize since she's getting a movie they're pushing her HARD but BW is still the female face of the mcu right now)

they're also launching her #1 for the true believers line.

also I'm loving the liu/name of the rose love. <3
I was just talking about bringing Liu back to marvel. BW is a solid character who should have consistent sales if her series is not terrible. Noto is a *great* fit for the character. Even Edmonson cant fuck it up.

I'm not gonna argue that the Conner costume isn't much better, both from a modesty standpoint and a design one, but the number of people who basically wrote off the character (and the series) based on the costume alone is kind of staggering.
The costume coming out of new 52?

Sure the costume was trashy but there was a lot more to the criticism of DC's changes to the character.

Messi

Who? Natasha Allegri? Gaf name?

I was just talking about bringing Liu back to marvel. BW is a solid character who should have consistent sales if her series is not terrible. Noto is a *great* fit for the character. Even Edmonson cant fuck it up.

Garrett Jackson I believe.

Messi

That first trade was such a breeze to read. I loved it.

And now I realize that Starfire has never really had a modest costume huh? I would say the current one is as good as any, but the RHatO one was pretty bad. Even putting aside modesty, it just doesn't look good.

Apparently it changes multiple times over the course of the series but I haven't seen it yet. On the second trade she us wearing a spacesuit which looks a bit better.

I love when people draw Starfire's hair streaking behind her. It's a great effect.

Kipp

Kipp. How do you survive without a smartphone? I got lost the other day in some weird town near me and Google Maps saved my life.

I love not having a smartphone. I'm already on the computer enough when I'm home, I don't need to be on the computer when I'm out doing stuff. I get to appreciate my friends and/or my surroundings. It really bugs me when people are in a super cool place or hanging out with other people and just staring at their phones.
There are times when it'd be nice to know things that a smartphone could tell me, but since everyone else has smartphones it's never a big deal.
Whenever I go driving somewhere I don't know about, I just look at a map and get a good idea of the area. I have a good sense of direction.

Apparently it changes multiple times over the course of the series but I haven't seen it yet.

I love when people draw Starfire's hair streaking behind her. It's a great effect.

Yeah, to Rocafort's credit he does the best with what he's given. It's just the designs and the premise behind the designs is just dumb - RH wears an old Nightwing suit we've never seen
failed attempt at making it feel iconic
and a leather jacket over it? Roy wears a baseball cap? Come on.

I don't remember the costume changes, but I'm fairly certain I got through the first 10 issues and couldn't figure out why.

Kipp

Also, I have every intention to read a comic tomorrow morning. This will (maybe) happen.

Messi

Yeah, to Rocafort's credit he does the best with what he's given. It's just the designs and the premise behind the designs is just dumb - RH wears an old Nightwing suit we've never seen

I don't remember the costume changes, but I'm fairly certain I got through the first 10 issues and couldn't figure out why.

I laughed at the baseball cap. Like wtf. Why lol.

Also Starfire acts dopey all the time and I was hoping that was just for the first few issues but now it seems like this is gonna continue. Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, I have every intention to read a comic tomorrow morning. This will (maybe) happen.

latest

Where were you in Hellboy? I've been holding off on finishing the second Library Edition until I get the third one in. I might try to finish Batmanga this weekend since I've been putting that off.

Kipp

Sshhhhhh

Where were you in Hellboy? I've been holding off on finishing the second Library Edition until I get the third one in. I might try to finish Batmanga this weekend since I've been putting that off.

I was maybe 50 pages into LE vol. 2
And yeah, I've been putting off Batmanga too. I was really enjoying it, but then I just stopped reading it for some reason. I feel like reading American comics this weekend though.

I've never read a Hellboy comic.

:D

:|

Kipp

I saw the movies. Good enough, right?

I remember seeing the second movie in theaters at the midnight premier before I knew about the come (or comics in general, really) and I thought it was the most boring thing ever and nearly fell asleep.
I was sleeping over at my friend's house and he was going so he dragged me to it.

I... actually kind of like those designs. Harper looks kind of like a loser, which, let's be real, he is. And yeah, wearing a leather jacket over the suit doesn't make any sense, but damned if it doesn't look good.

Messi

Sshhhhhh

I was maybe 50 pages into LE vol. 2
And yeah, I've been putting off Batmanga too. I was really enjoying it, but then I just stopped reading it for some reason. I feel like reading American comics this weekend though.

:|

Sorry

Lobdell's original origin story for Roy was to have him be half Native American and growing up in a reservation which would explain the tattoo.

No it was playable at e3

I want an iconic hat

Just pick a hat and wear it while you do something really incredible or really, really stupid.

EDIT: The Slipknot discussions (and really, the whole death order stuff) in the Suicide Squad trailer thread is cracking me up.

Just pick a hat and wear it while you do something really incredible or really, really stupid.

EDIT: The Slipknot discussions (and really, the whole death order stuff) in the Suicide Squad trailer thread is cracking me up.

it's killing me

I now badly want him to just drop terrible puns in every line

Vyer

....Who cares? People actin' like they're still in high school and shit. You're in a room with a bunch of strangers you're never going to see again. Who has fucks to give?

yeah. weirdest part to me was that even if anyone in there gave a shit, they'd forget about it almost instantly. as opposed to the poor bastard he chose to sit beside, which is probably slightly awkward the whole time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom