• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering The Name of the Rose is considered one of the best Black Widow stories ever told it really baffled me. A female creator with a fanbase and some recognition. Marvel really could use her.

A lot of big-name creators have been flocking to Image because they make a lot more money doing creator-owned stuff. Corporate comics are dead. :O

Vibranium

Banned
Is that collected in a trade?

Yep! Liu did about 10 issues or so IIRC and then she left the series, the next writer was pretty bad. But TNotR is collected in a trade. She was the only writer other than Brubaker to understand the Bucky/Nat relationship.

A lot of big-name creators have been flocking to Image because they make a lot more money doing creator-owned stuff. Corporate comics are dead. :O

Hehe, and I don't blame them. I love Image.

You have cool friends Messi. Nobody I know likes comics a ton like me. :(

Not really. I just know who is likely to enjoy it. Don't worry we are here for you.

The struggle is real. It would take divine intervention for my friends to read something like Sunstone. We have sort of reached an impasse where I recommend comics, they recommend me TV and anime, we all smile politely and the comics remain unread and the shows remain unwatched.

Most of us like video games though, so that's something!

Marvel doesnt have her on a book, in all likelihood, because they don't want to. Might take work to bring her back ::shrug::

That book looks awesome. Will get

Yeah, you're probably right. Personally, I'd be more interested in something from her than another Cullen Bunn or Charles Soule book, but whatcha gonna do.

The stupid thing about it is that they act like the earnings from their comics business is worth giving a shit about. In the bigger picture over there, the only value the comics arm has to the larger company is as an IP and idea farm, and they should run their business like they know that. They're never going to be able to treat creators as well as creators can treat themselves at Image, but they should at least act like they're trying. If you can't keep the Brubakers of the world interested in working for you, you don't have a Winter Soldier to mine for a movie later.

It ain't bad but Noto is carrying massive amounts of the weight. Without Noto I would likely have dropped it.
Yea. I read it on MU and edmonson tries to do stoic but his writing is always so so dull.

I always read it, like Noto art and wish it was a Liu/Noto team.

And SFIV EVO watching is addictive

Messi

Yea. I read it on MU and edmonson tries to do stoic but his writing is always so so dull.

I always read it, like Noto art and wish it was a Liu/Noto team.

And SFIV EVO watching is addictive

I just wish Nat could be happy sometimes. It's so drab.

i needed someone who could manage our finances and also liked rocks

mcIrDol.gif

Vibranium

Banned
Woah, Evo is really cool. I don't know a ton about fighting games but it was neat watching the streams today. I almost want to enter and get my ass kicked haha.

Woah, Evo is really cool. I don't know a ton about fighting games but it was neat watching the streams today. I almost want to enter and get my ass kicked haha.

Fighting games are so great. I didn't watch today but I'll definitely be watching tomorrow and Sunday like I do every year.

Would love to go one year, and I'm sure that shouldn't be surprising considering my GAF username is the name of a Guilty Gear move.

Fighting games are so great. I didn't watch today but I'll definitely be watching tomorrow and Sunday like I do every year.

Would love to go one year, and I'm sure that shouldn't be surprising considering my GAF username is the name of a Guilty Gear move.
Oh. I thought Tyrant Rave was your real name.

The Internet is nothing but lies

Vibranium

Banned

Nice! It seems like it would be a great experience. I want to go now too haha.

TheStig88

Just wait, it keeps getting better. Going to make it out there one of these days and maybe (probably) I'll get bopped, but I just want to be there. I get too hyped just watching from home, I can only imagine actually being there.

I've wanted to quip based on that at some point, but it just has never come up. :(

I don't get the appeal of EVO smash. It's just eh there. SFIV seems like a whole other level. And Wii u smash, every time I switch to it they're spending all this time setting things up, typing names,etc. too much downtime. I'd be hype for GG EVO. Love the GG series.

I don't get the appeal of EVO smash. It's just eh there. SFIV seems like a whole other level. And Wii u smash, every time I switch to it they're spending all this time setting things up, typing names,etc. too much downtime. I'd be hype for GG EVO. Love the GG series.

Xrd is there this year. Pools were earlier today and continue tomorrow.

It is getting lots of great buzz. Happy to see that. Can't wait to see it during the week.

Edit : man, midway through Vol 2 of Red Hood and the Outlaws and this stuff is really cool. Glad I discovered it. Starfire is awesome in it.

Book definitely gets a bad rap. At its worst it's mediocre, at it's best it's genuinely fun.

Messi

Book definitely gets a bad rap. At its worst it's mediocre, at it's best it's genuinely fun.

It's not amazing but it has been solid so far. It has a nice trio that are fun to read about and nice art. It's never been bad. People who call this bad have never read Nocenti Catwoman.

Owzers

Boom cmx sale, not my kinda thing since it's only a limited amount of collected editions but Bee and Puppycat and Lumberjanes volume 1 ( issues 1-4 of each) are up there for $4.

Have they ever confirmed how old she was? I assumed everyone ages slowly in comics.

Even aging slowly because comics, she'd still be well into her 20's by now. She was a teenager when that whole Legacy virus thing happened. X-23 didn't even exist back then.

The Bee and Puppycat comic was written by a gaffer if anyone is interested

Co-written, I thought.

I read the first three or four issues before dropping it. Ended up being a little too random. It's cute, though.

It's not amazing but it has been solid so far. It has a nice trio that are fun to read about and nice art. It's never been bad. People who call this bad have never read Nocenti Catwoman.

well at least the art is good...

Boom cmx sale, not my kinda thing since it's only a limited amount of collected editions but Bee and Puppycat and Lumberjanes volume 1 ( issues 1-4 of each) are up there for $4.

Reminds me, I have to read LJ. I'll do that now.

I've been chewing my way through Teen Titans (V. 3) on CMX lately. It's good, but my interest is starting to wane. Should probably wait for a sale before I continue, but it's filling the hole created by the lack of any sort of Blue Beetle presence these days, so I dunno.

anaron

Marvel doesnt have her on a book, in all likelihood, because they don't want to. Might take work to bring her back ::shrug::

That book looks awesome. Will get
I dunno, BW is pretty consistent sales wise and does much better than Captain Marvel. (I realize since she's getting a movie they're pushing her HARD but BW is still the female face of the mcu right now)

they're also launching her #1 for the true believers line.

also I'm loving the liu/name of the rose love. <3

Messi

I dunno, BW is pretty consistent sales wise and does much better than Captain Marvel. (I realize since she's getting a movie they're pushing her HARD but BW is still the female face of the mcu right now)

they're also launching her #1 for the true believers line.

also I'm loving the liu/name of the rose love. <3

I imagine Black Widow being in the Avengers movies and Cap has helped that comic stay head and shoulders over Captain Marvel. Sales of Captain Marvel should rise in the lead up to her movie.

I have a friend who only picks up books of people who are in the MCU. Widow included. I am sure he isn't alone.

It is getting lots of great buzz. Happy to see that. Can't wait to see it during the week.

Edit : man, midway through Vol 2 of Red Hood and the Outlaws and this stuff is really cool. Glad I discovered it. Starfire is awesome in it.
But Messi Starfire is such a bimbo slut in it.

I'm wondering if Captain Marvel maybe isn't as marketable as they think, and they're pushing her so hard because Marvel obviously loooooooooooooves the Jamie McKelvie costume design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom