• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you took his schtick personally. In that case that sucks and I see your point. I just don't think he was in any way serious. I am open to the chance I could be wrong. He often insulted things I love too, but he loved other things I loved as much as they CAN be loved so that's the part I was drawn to. =)

I miss that GAF. With MAF, and Drinky, and demi. It was a bit more wild west but a lot more fun.

Comics GAF now > Comics GAF from back then

The community is much more lively and engaged as well as more warm and personal

I liked TakeoutBandit, but he was hella abrasive and had some toxic views. His enthusiasm for the medium was great but he consistently pissed on what other people liked seemingly for no reason other than it didn't fit what his narrow definition of good comics was.

Birdie > ttob

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I for one hail our new Messi/Zombine/Korrupt overlords

Edit: Also, hail darkseid

Also hail Kippseid

SvxxbEs.png

I think you took his schtick personally. In that case that sucks and I see your point. I just don't think he was in any way serious. I am open to the chance I could be wrong. He often insulted things I love too, but he loved other things I loved as much as they CAN be loved so that's the part I was drawn to. =)

I miss that GAF. With MAF, and Drinky, and demi. It was a bit more wild west but a lot more fun.

He never insulted your work. I don't know how I couldn't take that seriously nor could I understand how anyone could consider him in any way a productive member of the community after that, much less a "good" guy.

He didn't even critique my work! That I could accept or understand. He was just a bully with a keyboard.

Comics GAF now > Comics GAF from back then

The community is much more lively and engaged as well as more warm and personal

I liked TakeoutBandit, but he was hella abrasive and had some toxic views. His enthusiasm for the medium was great but he consistently pissed on what other people liked seemingly for no reason other than it didn't fit what his narrow definition of good comics was.

Birdie > ttob

I agree with this, except for the first part. I'm not into the meta here, but I do enjoy the LTTP: reviews of older stuff I see.

And yeah Birdie, if he insulted your work I can definitely take your side 10000%. Really sorry he went there. ((HUGS))

Messi

I assume Red Hood and The Outlaws was canned due to sales, correct? So why do I see that they just started Red Hood and Arsenal? They dropped my fave part and went for another go?

Ant man was pretty meh idk
Not very propelling of a narrative, kinda boring for the first 60, completely missing any McKay touch as far as the laughs

BUT (post credits)

It's clear that this is the movie we need to sit through to get to the good stuff. Ant man in the mcu proper will be INCREDIBLE.

I assume Red Hood and The Outlaws was canned due to sales, correct? So why do I see that they just started Red Hood and Arsenal? They dropped my fave part and went for another go?

Honestly, the Red Hood/Arsenal buddy cop stuff was always my favorite bits. Starfire was cool, but never really fit in very well. Glad she's getting her own ongoing and the Red Losers (I say that with all the affection in the world) are getting theirs.

Not very propelling of a narrative, kinda boring for the first 60, completely missing any McKay touch as far as the laughs

BUT (post credits)

It's clear that this is the movie we need to sit through to get to the good stuff. Ant man in the mcu proper will be INCREDIBLE.

The spoiler is kind of a problem I have with a lot of the MCU solo movies; Thor especially.

Messi

Messi needs that green grass and high tides.

Honestly, the Red Hood/Arsenal buddy cop stuff was always my favorite bits. Starfire was cool, but never really fit in very well. Glad she's getting her own ongoing and the Red Losers (I say that with all the affection in the world) are getting theirs.

The spoiler is kind of a problem I have with a lot of the MCU solo movies; Thor especially.

I guess. I am actaully really happy with the fact that Starfire is having her own solo book. Her parts are my fav so far in the the outlaws. She is just so much more powerful than them lol.

Owzers

I'm rereading Hawkeye before i start issues 19-22 in the flop stack but I wish i were reading Hellboy Library vol 1 because the Kipps of the world are hyping it and making me eye it on my shelf. Maybe i can read both and neither of the two would catch on.

That's a lot of comics.

PsychBat!

Banned

BUT (post credits)

BOOOOOOOO!

Ant-Man the movie itself is already good. Better than that clusterfuck of an avengers movie. Aaaand it's obvious that Birdie has no sense of humor! GET HIM!

I really liked Ant-Man but I think I enjoyed Ultron more. It definitely had problems but I still had fun with it. I need to watch them a few more times to say for sure.

Messi

Ant Man was great.

Up there with the best of the MCU.

Nice, glad it turned out well considering the troubled development it had. Some people on gaf seemed to want it for fail because edgar dropped out.

How is is looking like it will do money wise this weekend? Anyone know?

BOOOOOOOO!

Ant-Man the movie itself is already good. Better than that clusterfuck of an avengers movie. Aaaand it's obvious that Birdie has no sense of humor! GET HIM!

The fact that I know Adam McKay is much better than this proves that's not true. It had funny moments but I wanted step brothers with shrinky powers.

Nice, glad it turned out well considering the troubled development it had. Some people on gaf seemed to want it for fail because edgar dropped out.

How is is looking like it will do money wise this weekend? Anyone know?

Not doing that well.

The early reviews were Wright fans who just bashed it for it not having Wright.

Later reviews came in and rose it up. Expect it to have good word of mouth.

Buying Sharaz De tales from the Arabian nights by Toppi

Wow wow wow this art is fucking amazing. Goat tier stuff

How come no one told me about this dude before

I hold all of you accountable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom