• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets go back to this for a second

Are you currently inside a bakery or this just a white people thing

as for the Batman thing, I don't think so but you'd have to ask Slayven. I don't think Bruce Wayne wants to be Batman forever. He's got a plan to end all crime before 50.

Home-baked bread is fucking legit. Get on that shit, man.

EVO has consumed me. SFV model for rolling out content is hype. No more splintered community. Got a fighting stick on preorder. Why? Hell if I know!

I can never use joysticks on consoles. It's fine on arcade cabinets since those things are bolted down, but the regular gamepads are much better for me on consoles.

AsfaeksBR

As a brand new Comic Book reader, I got some questions to ask and I hope this is the right place.

I bought Batman: The Court of Owls (reading it right now), The Night of Owls and Death of the Family.
I'm liking it so much I want to read more, and even expand to other stories.

1) I plan on getting Volume's 4, 5 and 6 of the New 52's story, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight complete, Long Halloween and Year One. Are there any "Must read" Batman comics?

2) How's the Deadpool Joe Kelly's Omnibus? Is it worth reading?

3) Any other Comics you guys think are a Must and I should look for?

I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 new each month, so keep that in mind!

Thanks!

Zombine

Banned
EVO has consumed me. SFV model for rolling out content is hype. No more splintered community. Got a fighting stick on preorder. Why? Hell if I know!

My guess is that you'll be able to earn DLC characters similarly to LoL, but you're going to have to reach into your pockets if you want non-color swapped skins. (I.e. Cammy Shadaloo Doll will only be unlockable with cash, but color swaps will be unlockable with either.)

As a brand new Comic Book reader, I got some questions to ask and I hope this is the right place.

I bought Batman: The Court of Owls (reading it right now), The Night of Owls and Death of the Family.

1) I plan on getting Volume's 4, 5 and 6 of the New 52's story, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight complete, Long Halloween and Year One. Are there any "Must read" Batman comics?

Thanks!

1) No Man's Land, the Black Mirror, and anything with Grant Morrison's name on it would be my next set of recommendations.

2) Fucking YES. Best Deadpool run to date, on average (the current one is really good, but it had a weak first arc).

3) Uh... man, where to start. If Bats is your thing, I guess suggesting Gotham Academy is a first pick? Very different from your usual Gothamesque fair, but very good.

MG310

This, want to play some Ultra now. Wonder if I should unload my 360 TE2 and the Mortal Kombat stick that I barely used though.

My guess is that you'll be able to earn DLC characters similarly to LoL, but you're going to have to reach into your pockets if you want non-color swapped skins. (I.e. Cammy Shadaloo Doll will only be unlockable with cash, but color swaps will be unlockable with either.)
It's still capcom. They'll do something stupid at some point. But at least all the balancing and whatnot is just the game. The community is unified and not scattered across 4 different versions that were $20-40 a pop

Zombine

Banned
It's still capcom. They'll do something stupid at some point. But at least all the balancing and whatnot is just the game. The community is unified and not scattered across 4 different versions that were $20-40 a pop

Eh I'm fine with spending money on premium skins. I think I spend $10 on a single Miss Fortune skin. I play MOBA's so this shit doesn't phase me. A $20 costume pack sounds nice.

Thanks!

Just going by New 52 stuff, i'd recommend the Batman & Robin New 52 run if you're enjoying Batman, which for the most part focuses on the relationship between Bruce and Damian, with added Alfred in the mix too. You'd have to get both volumes of Batman Incorporated as well though and read them both after volume 3 of B&R.

Thanks!

1. Mad Love is a great book for everyone, highly recommended. Grant Morrison's run (starts with Batman and Son) was excellent as well.

2. If you want Deadpool then yes. Also check out Cable & Deadpool if you want more with the character.

3. Depends on what you want. Try out Hawkeye by Matt Fraction which just concluded and it was pretty great throughout.

EDIT AT THE TOP FOR SOME REASON: Kipp was right, I can't put Doom Patrol down. It's so good.

Thanks!

1) Poodlestrike so on point with the Batman recommendations. Everything he mentioned and everything you have listed is golden. Oh, just noticed you're missing Hush. Check that one out as well.

2) General consensus is yes, worth reading. One of the best, probably the best, Deadpool run.

3) Morrison's Doom Patrol ok, this might be a little TOO weird right off the bat. Ellis' Planetary is top 5 for me. Dixon's Nightwing and Rucka/Blackman/Williams III's Batwoman run would probably be right up your alley if you're interested in more street-level, extended Batfamily stuff. Other ongoing books worth reading: Deadly Class, Velvet, The Fade Out, Saga, X-O Manowar, Ivar Timewalker.

EDIT AT THE TOP FOR SOME REASON: Kipp was right, I can't put Doom Patrol down. It's so good.

Another member of the "Morrison/Case Doom Patrol GOAT comic run" club incoming B O Y Z

dada+works.jpg

Bii

Switch #1 by Sejic will be double sized for the regular issue cost. What else can this dude do to get his books to sell lol

Sunstone vol 2 was just as you said. Not as "fun" as the first volume but still an amazing read. I eagerly await vol 3.

yeah! I saw it at the store this week and forgot all about it so thanks for reminding me. Phase III was so good it made me retroactively think less of the first two volumes so I'm v curious to see how I'll feel about this one

I think you'll really gonna like this one, and I'm so glad you enjoyed Phase III so much

Bii

Kinda sorta agree.

How about that
Marion scene. Holy fuck.

Imo volume 2 is the better volume.

I was expecting a more...permanent fate when they were foreshadowing her situation.

And just my luck. I'm back home and the power's out. It's finally storming over here.

frye

I think you'll really gonna like this one, and I'm so glad you enjoyed Phase III so much

I was about to order it but looked at the pile of stuff next to me (Murder Me Dead, 6 volumes of Hitman, OMAC, Run Like Crazy, Run Like Hell, Cowboy Wally Show, and a bunch of minicomics) and uhhh maybe i'll hold off for now

I was about to order it but looked at the pile of stuff next to me (Murder Me Dead, 6 volumes of Hitman, OMAC, Run Like Crazy, Run Like Hell, Cowboy Wally Show, and a bunch of minicomics) and uhhh maybe i'll hold off for now

You got some good reads ahead of ya in that stack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom