• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

You probably hate the airplane scene in Bridesmaids too.

"I'm READAYYYYY. To PARTYYYYY. With the byest of thaym."

Who doesn't have a sense of humor now? It ain't the guy who's watched that scene 452 times, I know that much.

I still haven't recovered from this disgraceful post I made before bridesmaids came out.

Messi said:
jett said:
What is Jon Hamm doing in this thing, jeez.

Never seen him on 30 Rock? Comedy gold!

tumblr_l2etryaXWw1qzmvhdo1_500.jpg

Ooh look, its the cute girl from the office.

I did not laugh once at the trailer though :( . Releasing this a week before the Hangover 2 pretty much means its being sent to die.

I know. I made a funny.

i laughed tbh

I had a dude one time ask me what goat meant when i said hockey isnt a real sport b/c you're not a real sport if your goat is white. so now i always take it literally if someone seems like they may not get it.

i was being facetious when i made the comment about hockey in case any one is wondering

Messi

Switch #1 by Sejic will be double sized for the regular issue cost. What else can this dude do to get his books to sell lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ogawa's been one of the best Eddie/Zato players for yeeeaaars and one of the best players period. It's awesome he finally came to Evo.

His opponent (can't remember the name of the player or the character - Edit: Kedako/May) had a great second match though. I thought he might get the underdog win, but Ogawa was killing it.

Owzers

His new book looks like a female harry potter that got tossed into Witchblade, a series i've been ignoring for years. In theory i'd like to support your favorite guy but in practice I'll probably spend that money renting bad horror movies that i complain about. Not saying it's the best of decisions...

I don't think he should get that much credit for being able to set a mood/tone when it's always the same mood/tone. There's nothing wrong with being really good at a very specific thing, but at the same time, I think that if you're going to say someone is really upper-tier, they should have some range.

I don't know if I would agree with that. A bit of a trite analogy but would we say Goya or Manet are not upper-tier artists because of their output or would we say they were consciously picking a style or limited range of colours and sticking with it?

I attempted to take a photo with my phone's potato camera, but it turned out horribly. But basically I just measured them up against each other and while the Absolute Edition is about 1 centimeter taller than the Library Edition, the Library Edition is actually about 3 centimeters wider. So overall the Hellboy Library Edition is actually the bigger book.

Would width matter? Considering that the art is blown up from a standard sized comic and that the aspect ratio needs to be maintained, I would assume the height would be the limiting factor here. The Library editions are wide, but the pages seem to have rather large margins.

frye

Hail Hydra #1 - I would have enjoyed this more, I think, had ComicGAF not flayed Remender's Marvel writing style awhile back. I totally get it now, you guys. This was pretty weak overall, with some muddy art that made it hard to tell what was actually happening. Disappointment is the word for this one, I think.

I made fun but I'm actually a mark for a lot of Remender's cape stuff (and much prefer it to his sci-fi stuff with Image)

I made fun but I'm actually a mark for a lot of Remender's cape stuff (and much prefer it to his sci-fi stuff with Image)

I think Remender is still one of those guys that does much better writing non-superhero books, or street-level stuff if it is in the hero genre.

Would width matter? Considering that the art is blown up from a standard sized comic and that the aspect ratio needs to be maintained, I would assume the height would be the limiting factor here. The Library editions are wide, but the pages seem to have rather large margins.

Depends on what the Library Edition is of. Hellboy tends to have pretty large margins but looking at the Kabuki one it certainly uses most of the page and, in some cases, the entirety of it.

Depends on what the Library Edition is of. Hellboy tends to have pretty large margins but looking at the Kabuki one it certainly uses most of the page and, in some cases, the entirety of it.

Yeah, the Fear Agent library editions are also like the Kabuki edition you are talking about. I wonder why they went with the size they did with the Hellboy LEs.

frye

I think Remender is still one of those guys that does much better writing non-superhero books, or street-level stuff if it is in the hero genre.

See, I think he is/was very good at writing Marvel Comics. I've probably said it before but one of the reasons I liked peak Uncanny Avengers so much was that it felt like a proper Marvel Comic written by a guy who read a lot of Marvel Comics as a kid. No other mainline Avengers was like that and hadn't been for a long time.

Yeah I'm the same way

Those speeches his villains always make? I love that shit.

same

See, I think he is/was very good at writing Marvel Comics. I've probably said it before but one of the reasons I liked peak Uncanny Avengers so much was that it felt like a proper Marvel Comic written by a guy who read a lot of Marvel Comics as a kid. No other mainline Avengers was like that and hadn't been for a long time.

I think his Uncanny X-Force was probably the best work he did with superhero stuff. But his Punisher run was also enjoyable. That said, he's still much better suited to stuff that falls outside of the superhero genre. Strange Girl was much better than it gets credit for being.

Was baking some bread and wondering... given how bruce wayne has (somewhat) recently been written, was there ever a story where he tried to tame a lazarus pit in order to be able to keep on being batman forever?

Was baking some bread

Lets go back to this for a second

Are you currently inside a bakery or this just a white people thing

as for the Batman thing, I don't think so but you'd have to ask Slayven. I don't think Bruce Wayne wants to be Batman forever. He's got a plan to end all crime before 50.

Was baking some bread and wondering... given how bruce wayne has (somewhat) recently been written, was there ever a story where he tried to tame a lazarus pit in order to be able to keep on being batman forever?

Ever? I dunno. There's a lot of Elseworlds stuff out there. Traditionally, he's got an anti-immortality thing going on for some silly ass reason or another. Wikipedia's got nothin in the "notable uses" section of the Lazarus Pit article, and I'd assume "immortal Bruce Wayne" would qualify.

as for the Batman thing, I don't think so but you'd have to ask Slayven. I don't think Bruce Wayne wants to be Batman forever. He's got a plan to end all crime before 50.

I bake traditional french baguettes at home on weekends. It was not a figure of speech.
They usually end up looking like this.

also didn't know that he disliked immortality because reasons. Always assumed that it was that whole thing with the pit making you cray cray for a while.

Zombine

Banned

The sooner you realize that Coriolanus is one of those HH Holmes meets Ernest Hemmingway types you would be more worried if he stopped baking bread while thinking about batman.

Fava beans...Chianti, it's that sorta thing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Ant-Man again, still loved it but it's a little slow to start. The audience seemed to love it, Michael Pena especially was a huge hit.

Also Cori, that bread looks delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom