• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an origin story, so it takes place before the first three volumes. Bruce went off to train and stuff, a lot of the actual training is in the back-ups at the end of the book.

This makes so much sense now, thank you.

I just thought this was all taking place chronologically after the Death of the Family and I was so confused.

Owzers

Messi, did you see the Lazarus Effect movie you had Wilde avatars for? Watching it now and I am wondering if you watch movies.

Time for list!

I always forget to post these nowadays.

Grayson #10 ($3.99!? WAT?)
Justice League 3001 #2
Prez #2
Uncanny X-Men #35

Wow man, I ain't got shit coming out this week.

Messi, did you see the Lazarus Effect movie you had Wilde avatars for? Watching it now and I am wondering if you watch movies.

He definitely buys them, he just doesn't watch them.

Buying Sharaz De tales from the Arabian nights by Toppi

Wow wow wow this art is fucking amazing. Goat tier stuff

How come no one told me about this dude before

I hold all of you accountable
Picked up some Archaia stuff as well, Jim Henson's Tale of Sand and The Joyners (David Marquez art in 3D!).

Tale of Sand is fucking brilliant and the Joyners is kind of a downer.

Messi

I own it but haven't watched it yet.

As a rule I don't watch many movies these days but I will if she is in it. Doubly so if she is the lead.

Messi

List of ok:

Harley and Pee Gee #2
Grayson #10
Prez #2

IXTH Generation #4
RunLoveKill #4
Wolf #1
Sons of the devil #3

All new Hawkeye #4
Future imperfect #2
Loki #16
Magneto #20
Spider-Woman #9
Star Lord and Kitty #1
Weirdworld #2
Uncanny X-Men #35

Batwoman Vol 6 The Unknowns.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Bros, I traded in Arkham Knight today and got $43, which I put toward Dishonored Remastered Edition and Until Dawn.

I got Dishonored GOTY on Steam for like $3 due to a price glitch. Do you feel ripped off yet?
Of course, I haven't even launched the game yet.

List of ok:

IXTH Generation #4
RunLoveKill #4

Batwoman Vol 6 The Unknowns.

I really want to check out the first two, but I'll be trade-waiting them. Why on Earth would you want to buy the Batgirl in space tpb? Do you still have that disease that compels you to collect entire runs even after they go to shit?

I got Dishonored GOTY on Steam for like $3 due to a price glitch. Do you feel ripped off yet?
Of course, I haven't even launched the game yet.

Not really. There's no shame in paying more for something than Kipp. Everyone pays more than Kipp. Kipp is a crafty consumer. Though GOTY and Remastered are two different things.

Messi

I really want to check out the first two, but I'll be trade-waiting them. Why on Earth would you want to buy the Batgirl in space tpb? Do you still have that disease that compels you to collect entire runs even after they go to shit?

Not really. There's no shame in paying more for something than Kipp. Everyone pays more than Kipp. Kipp is a crafty consumer.

This is how it is.

Kipp

Not really. There's no shame in paying more for something than Kipp. Everyone pays more than Kipp. Kipp is a crafty consumer. Though GOTY and Remastered are two different things.

I know, I'm just teasing. :p
I've heard great things about Dishonored. I really ought to play it eventually.

So, Messi talking about reading Red Hood & The Outlaws got me back to reading the series again, and I thought that this

5iV2ouM.jpg

whole sequence was really great. Love the Bat-family moments that emphasize the "family" bits. Two brothers chuckling over "mom's" waffles.

Messi

So, Messi talking about reading Red Hood & The Outlaws got me back to reading the series again, and I thought that this

whole sequence was really great. Love the Bat-family moments that emphasize the "family" bits. Two brothers chuckling over "mom's" waffles.

Yeah that got a smile out of me.

Tizoc

Is Captain America: Super Soldier a full fledged Metroidvania?

i SHOULd grab that game for cheap someday. Heard lots of good things about it but it was never sold in my country for some reason. i did manage to get the GL game though which was a decent GoW-Like game.

Borg list!

My BuyList via Comics Day App

CYBORG #1 $2.99
DEATHSTROKE #8 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #7 $2.99
GRAYSON #10 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 #2 $2.99
WE ARE ROBIN #2 $3.99
WOLF #1 (MR) $4.99

New 52 Action Comics vol 1: Better than Flash and some interesting ideas -the collector and the bottle cities and the time travelling Legion (though I have no idea who they are). And the art is a bit ...

But overall, it didn't really click for me. Will read vol 2 and decide if I want to continue.

New 52 Superman vol 1: Passable story and villain I guess but if this is only another arc after Action comics vol 1, where did all that history between Lois and Clark come from (to the point where he creeps on her and the new boyfriend)? How did they work together at the Planet for so long? Was there a time jump? This is why some of us complain that getting into cape comics is difficult.

dan2026

Read Remender's first Captain America arc over the weekend. 'Dimension Z' was fun stuff.
But I have no idea where he's going from there lol.

Slayven

Lets go back to this for a second

Are you currently inside a bakery or this just a white people thing

as for the Batman thing, I don't think so but you'd have to ask Slayven. I don't think Bruce Wayne wants to be Batman forever. He's got a plan to end all crime before 50.

Batman is a sadsack that rather sit ankle deep in batcrap, literally feces from the only flying mammal, then have a normal life.

Zombine

Banned
This is another bit that makes me want to read it but you say I won't enjoy it.

You may. Tank Girl is all over the place. It's something that would pop up in an Amazon suggestion if you search for Zenith or Kid Eternity. I love all that shit so I can digest Tank Girl easily. It's unapologetically British and DIY/Punk. I live for it.

Messi

You may. Tank Girl is all over the place. It's something that would pop up in an Amazon suggestion if you search for Zenith or Kid Eternity. I love all that shit so I can digest Tank Girl easily. It's unapologetically British and DIY/Punk. I live for it.

I think you may have unsold me again. Lol

Zombine

Banned
Some of the art is really good looking to me. But I get the feeling I will think the writing is trying too hard to be edgy.

Not even in the slightest. Jamie Hewlett gives exactly 0 fucks. It was and still is incredibly refreshing. It's quite funny as well.

tumblr_miwuc9RENw1r8j79lo1_500.gif

Zombine

Banned
What is the first volume I should try. I'll give it a go seeing as you seem to enjoy it.

Read the classic Hewlett Tank Girl stories first. You can find all of that in Tank Girl Classic. Once he hops off the series the quality ebbs and flows but there's some good shit mixed in there as well. 21st Century Tank Girl has been amazing so far though. That's where you'll find the Parsons art that you like.

Messi

Read the classic Hewlett Tank Girl stories first. You can find all of that in Tank Girl Classic. Once he hops off the series the quality ebbs and flows but there's some good shit mixed in there as well. 21st Century Tank Girl has been amazing so far though.

Will do. I'll see if the store has some later.

Jeff Lemire Concinving me I can read All_New Hawkeye without waiting Hawkeye #23

Shouldn't listened to that advice

Is that due to spoilers or because a lot of people claim it is crap?

For me it is fine. But nothing close to fractions. Needs to drop the flashbacks though.

Picked up some Archaia stuff as well, Jim Henson's Tale of Sand and The Joyners (David Marquez art in 3D!).

Tale of Sand is fucking brilliant and the Joyners is kind of a downer.

I have both of those as well!

The Joyners is cool. It is actually a pretty damn good 3D experience, and its super impressive David Marquez drew it at the same time we was drawing Ultimate Spider-Man. I liked the spirit of the story but the dialogue would throw me off from time to time and I thought some character turns didn't really fit well within the story.

I was actually able to get my wife to read most of it. I can never get her to read comics unless they're Buffy comics.

Tale of Sand is really gorgeous. The story is bonkers. The art gave me a lot of hope for Perez on Hawkeye.

Just so y'all know Im not fucking around when I say Sharaz De has some absolutely phenom art, here are some pages. Buy it and enjoy

sorry not sorry for large images

Kipp

Can one of you guys link me to whatever the first volume of Tank Girl is? I've wanted to read it for forever but I can't comprehend which TPB comes first and I'm obviously way too lazy to google it.
I could only find Remastered volumes 3 and 5 on IST too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom