• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
I don't like any of the Arkham costumes, or even the art style in general. I tolerated the style for Asylum, but once we got Bald UFC Fighter Robin, I knew it was bad.

At least the games are, mostly, good. I want to play Arkham Knight, but PC, so yeah.

Yeah what the hell is up with shaving Tim's head? Ugh Rocksteady really went too far there among other things.

In here or on GAF as a whole? I don't think anyone here has said that, at least not that I can remember.

Wouldn't being the best event of all time be like being the nicest guy in prison? It's not like it's a high bar to clear or anything.

We eventually got Secret Six from the tie-ins, so I am okay with this.

I for one, welcome this new Messi.

Yeah it wasn't solely IC that was great for me, it's the whole story leading up to and into it and after it with 52. Barring Rann Thanagar, I liked Villains United, OMAC and Day of Vengeance.

I read the event and the series in retrospect so I'm sure comic fans at the time were beyond furious at some characterizations but it made an interesting arc.

Zombine

Banned
Fuck...I know I'm not really fuckin old or anything...but I'm starting to feel alienated as fuck playing certain games online. All I hear are these fuckin teens talking about dumb shit and I damn near want to punch my monitor when they go "good job kid."

Fucking hell. I just want to play with people 25+

Yeah it wasn't solely IC that was great for me, it's the whole story leading up to and into it and after it with 52. Barring Rann Thanagar, I liked Villains United, OMAC and Day of Vengeance.

I read the event and the series in retrospect so I'm sure comic fans at the time were beyond furious at some characterizations but it made an interesting arc.

It was mostly memes about Superboy Prime punching reality, I think.

You're right though, the build up and the aftermath were better than the main event. Phil Jimenez's Perez-lite art in the main series was great though. Whatever happened to that guy?

My Morrison Batman read through has slowed to a halt. Been reading a few things I got in Comixology's sale and I still need to order the Batman and Robin trades too. What I've seen of it looks great.

Even Marvel reigned it back in. But sure.

It took them a good while before they did, though. Do you realize how many Deadpool minis there are?

Fuck...I know I'm not really fuckin old or anything...but I'm starting to feel alienated as fuck playing certain games online. All I hear are these fuckin teens talking about dumb shit and I damn near want to punch my monitor when they go "good job kid."

Ha ha. Yeah, that sounds aggravating.

As a 22 year old I find this post mildly insulting....and quite funny.

Zombine

Banned
Ha ha. Yeah, that sounds aggravating.

Gaming is the only hobby I have where I strongly feel like it's easy to get aged out of. I'm still dafpsgawd, but try walking into a GameStop on new release day and tell me you don't feel weird as fuck.

As a 22 year old I find this post mildly insulting....and quite funny.

I would gladly play with more 20-something's like myself. I'm tired of the teens and the children playing M games and being the prevalent voice online.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't even talk with people during online games. Highly likely that you'll come across some douchebag teens or some bratty kids fighting it out over camping or something.

Gaming is the only hobby I have where I strongly feel like it's easy to get aged out of. I'm still dafpsgawd, but try walking into a GameStop on new release day and tell me you don't feel weird as fuck.

I live in the suburbs, so my Gamestop (actually, I have 4 of them nearby) isn't really that busy on new release days unless a new Call of Duty or something dropped. But I generally don't play online all that much, and when I do it's usually with people on my friends list, so we clearly have different experiences there. I usually don't play with randoms.

PsychBat!

Banned
I live in the suburbs, so my Gamestop (actually, I have 4 of them nearby) isn't really that busy on new release days unless a new Call of Duty or something dropped. But I generally don't play online all that much, and when I do it's usually with people on my friends list, so we clearly have different experiences there. I usually don't play with randoms.

Call of Duty huh? Why go through that torture, freeza? :(

Call of Duty huh? Why go through that torture, freeza? :(

oh, no. I haven't played a CoD game in years. I was just using it as an example. But the last time I tried to pick up something that came out on the same day as a Call of Duty game, there was a line out the door and 3-stores down the shopping strip. I just kept driving and grabbed the game I wanted from Target.

Messi

If Harley is selling so well, why did they really need to reach for that extra $1? A $3.99 Harley book just doesn't feel like the same value as a $2.99 Harley book.

Yeah, Zombeen. NO REASON.

Really? Its 3.99 because they know it will still sell. I bet the sales don't even slump. They added the dollar because they can.

Gaming is the only hobby I have where I strongly feel like it's easy to get aged out of. I'm still dafpsgawd, but try walking into a GameStop on new release day and tell me you don't feel weird as fuck..

Well, most games require some amount of manual dexerity, so aging out of it is natural, at least I think it is.

I'm always the only adult when I go into GameStop. Even the staff are so young now.

I have friends that would play with me, but most of them only play League which I'm crap at, and the others don't message me that much anymore lately. It sucks. At least Hearthstone is 1v1.

Did they? Because Deadpool is going to be in 4 books over the next few months.

Deadpool was everywhere at one point. Deadpool, Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool Corps, the Deadpool MAX stuff, Deadpool Team-Up, etc.

Like yeah, Harley's in quite a few different things but it's not as bad.

Zombine

Banned
Well, most games require some amount of manual dexerity, so aging out of it is natural, at least I think it is.
I'm always the only adult when I go into GameStop. Even the staff are so young now.

Eh, turning 26 on Saturday and I'm still the team MVP + 2.0+ K/D most games so that isn't my problem, it's just having to listen to kids that makes me feel weird. And yeah...GameStop is strange for me now.

I also never go into Hot Topic.

Messi

Deadpool was everywhere at one point. Deadpool, Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool Corps, the Deadpool MAX stuff, Deadpool Team-Up, etc.

Like yeah, Harley's in quite a few different things but it's not as bad.

Not yet, we did just have an entire month dedicated to variant covers with her on them. Plus you know they arent canning harley books in the run up to Suicide Squad.

BTW, wanna know how few fucks DC gives what its fans think of the price? Next months harley annual is $5.99

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm out. I don't get it. Most of DC's books are still $2.99, at least the ones I really enjoy like Gotham Academy (at least until it gets cancelled). I'll fork out the extra $1 if Grayson is going to $3.99, but that's about it.

The only case where I've really noticed this is when it comes to Japanese fighters. I'll do fine with them, but sometimes my inputs just get thrown off and I suddenly can't even do specials right. It's frustrating. Blazblue should bring back those one-button specials from the vanilla edition.

I can still play NRS games, though.

Zombine

Banned
I've decided that Lifetime movies only exist so that actors in their 50s can pretend to have sex with female actresses in their late 20s-early 30s.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Eh, turning 26 on Saturday and I'm still the team MVP + 2.0+ K/D most games so that isn't my problem, it's just having to listen to kids that makes me feel weird. And yeah...GameStop is strange for me now.

I also never go into Hot Topic.

26 is a males physical peak. You aren't that old yet.

Messi

Wow, Marvel at least has a 4.99$ line oO How much pages is it?

Its not an annual actually, it's just called Harley Quinn Road Trip #1

Or as it actually is

Harley Quinn : let's see if people will buy a 5.99 sirens book written by Palmiotti #1

Wow, Marvel at least has a 4.99$ line oO How much pages is it?

Marvel had the Superior Spider-Man finale and the ASM relaunch both priced at $5.99 and they came out with only two weeks inbetween IIRC

I guess I just can't be surprised that the same company who originally wanted to bump up the price on Batman to $4.99 for Endgame is going to charge $5.99 for a oneshot idk. Both Marvel and DC are bad about this shit.

The only case where I've really noticed this is when it comes to Japanese fighters. I'll do fkne with them, but sometimes my inputs just get thrown off and I suddenly can't even do specials right. It's frustration. Blazblue should bring back those one-button specials from the vanilla edition.

Same. I'm not looking forward to meeting this harsh reality when Street Fighter V comes out.

And Zombine, it's not that you're slowing down, it's more that a lot of people do so, even if it's ever so slightly, so there's less players of your age in the pool of players.

Competitive multiplayer tho...that's my thing.

Even more reason to get GAF involved, find some intelligent people who take the game seriously right here. Well, depending on the game I guess. I got friends list filled with HaloGAF, Street Fighter FGW regulars, four people I always played with on Gears 3, Destiny OT is nothing but LFG people, etc.

#firstworldprblmz

Don't you worry, kid. Some day your voice will deepen and people will stop confusing you for a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom