• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He even speaks like I image Rafa speaks. I can never see Rafa.

Kipp met Rafa at comic con and that is the end of it.

--

What's Lita at these days? Is she still alive? She was my first crush growing up

Rafa wanted to talk to Kipp about Everyday Low Prices, but Kipp was like:
1847049-1311190005938.jpg

Lita is a trainer on their reality show, I think.

AsfaeksBR

The first 80 issues of Fables are spectacular, and I know a lot of people started to drop off after that, but I've still found the series to be enjoyable. It's ending this week with issue 150, which is a trade paperback in itself, so I'm sure they'll eventually collect in an omnibus/absolute edition format. However, that's likely going to to take yeeeeears knowing DC's history, so you're better off picking up the Deluxe Editions which are very nice and cost effective.

Wait, so Vertigo is part of DC?

And since I still have a lot to read, I'll wait a little more.
Still want to grab Deadpool's Omnibus, that looks amazing!

Messi

I genuinely like Liefeld's Deadpool, and his SDCC sketches were pretty dope.

Yep these are cool. He draws a good Deadpool. So he hid 24 of them at comic con for people to find. That's awesome. Jim lee did that last year but he was slipping them into people's bags when they weren't looking too.

dp-liefeld-sketch.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
anyone happen to know for sure if Mind the Gap is done? I feel like I haven't heard about that book in awhile.

Cheska

anyone happen to know for sure if Mind the Gap is done? I feel like I haven't heard about that book in awhile.

They haven't released an issue in over a year, and the last one was the "beginning of Act II", so I think it likely got canceled :(

Soo, a long time ago someone on a podcast (can't remember which one) mentioned that Avengers: The Children's Crusade was a good Ant-Man book. Finally decided to read it today since I was in the mood for some Ant-Man stuff after watching the movie, and I literally can't understand why anyone would have originally said that. I mean, the purpose of having Lang in it is only so
he can come back from the dead
but he's barely in it, and doesn't really have much of a role tbh. It was an okay book, all of Jim Cheung's faces look very similar. But, I do love Wanda and the Young Avengers, so I'm glad I read it. I feel like reading the previous Young Avengers series makes Gillen/McKelvie's run that much more special.

Owzers

wwe

in 2015

I've let you all down. To make up for watching WWE tonight i will read comic books.

IN 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!

fake edit: It's not even a comparison, comics are so much better than the WWE.

real edit: I read plenty of good comics but there's so few wrestling matches that i feel good about having watched. Last one was this past monday's Raw though, a three way between Rusev/Cesaro/Owens...but they ruin everything all the time.

They haven't released an issue in over a year, and the last one was the "beginning of Act II", so I think it likely got canceled :(

Soo, a long time ago someone on a podcast (can't remember which one) mentioned that Avengers: The Children's Crusade was a good Ant-Man book. Finally decided to read it today since I was in the mood for some Ant-Man stuff after watching the movie, and I literally can't understand why anyone would have originally said that. I mean, the purpose of having Lang in it is only so
he can come back from the dead
but he's barely in it, and doesn't really have much of a role tbh. It was an okay book, all of Jim Cheung's faces look very similar. But, I do love Wanda and the Young Avengers, so I'm glad I read it. I feel like reading the previous Young Avengers series makes Gillen/McKelvie's run that much more special.

Maybe they said it on opposite day?

Messi

I read Saga #19-21 just now. Man, this fucking book. This is just the easiest book to read sometimes, it is just such an enjoyable read. The art is so pleasing and the writing is interesting imo. That being said.
Sometimes saga just enjoys rolling around in the sadness it creates. At this point in the story Marko and Alana are just tired and just need a break but they are going about it in two separate horrible ways. Both story lines are bumming me out. But especially Alana. Seeing her fucked up on drugs having sex with Marko was terribly depressing. Alana is my favorite character and this is a path I didn't expect.

Prince robots wife getting killed while holding her newborn was some grizzly shit, I felt so bad for her.

I know before I continue that this is going to get darker and darker but I can't stop reading.

Hazel continues to be adorable in almost every scene

It's a great book and every issue reminds me of why I love comics.

Owzers

I read Saga #19-21 just now. Man, this fucking book.

*post snip!*

It's a great book and every issue reminds me of why I love comics.

Even though i don't love Saga's story enough to get me to buy the OHCs, it joins Walking Dead, Invincible, and East of West as my easy reads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
yo don't take this the wrong way because i'm 100% serious in my asking this:

are you sure you're not being catfished?

I am 100% sure that I am not been catfished. We talk over the telephone on a regular basis and she sends pictures (no, not that kind of pictures...) from herself that fit in the context on whats happening right now.
And were are spending the whole day on the phone together texting (yes, I know how stupid that maybe sounds...), there is no way someone would do this for 1 1/2 years just for fun.

She is is just shy and has stuff happening that dont allow her to travel to me.

Its just soul crushing, (again, maybe this sounds stupid, but we live in 2015 and this can happen over the Internet) because we are best friends and I have no bigger wish right now than just meet her in person. And it makes me really sad that it just wont happened, espescially since it almost happened a couple of times over the last months.
But just to say it - not all my lamenting here was not directly connected to this - We had a short time were stuff went really bad and I really felt like I were dying inside.

She is is just shy and has stuff happening that dont allow her to travel to me.

Its just soul crushing, (again, maybe this sounds stupid, but we live in 2015 and this can happen over the Internet) because we are best friends and I have no bigger wish right now than just meet her in person.

Hey, if this is legit, why not go visit her?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hey, if this is legit, why not go visit her?

I thought about it, but I am a little bit afraid to ask, and since I have my own flat and she has not, it would better work out here.

Last time we talked about this she said she needs the timetable for her upcoming exams, which she should get around next week when school stars for her again, maybe I will take this as a opporturnity to ask again.
Also, next month is my birthday and I am thinking about that I say something like, "you dont have to gift me something, just come around", when she asks me what I wish. Still not sure about this, because I think this sounds kinda creepy...

I really hate that we live that far away from each other, its a 4 hour journey with the car...

Bii

Four hours isn't that long of a drive. Though if you've been chatting for 1 1/2 years and there have been opportunities for her to visit you, and excuses is all she has, you might want to reconsider this friendship of yours.

Or just meet her halfway. Two-hour drives for the both of you.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Four hours isn't that long of a drive. Though if you've been chatting for 1 1/2 years and there have been opportunities for her to visit you, and excuses is all she has, you might want to reconsider this friendship of yours.

I understand why it hasnt happening until now, there is stuff I dont want to post public. And meeting in the middle would be a solution... But we have rather "planned" for one, two days.

I drive from LA to Fresno every other weekend. Occasionally multiple times per-week. Four hours in a car ain't shit. I had to drive from LA to Sac back to LA in one day a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for noir stuff, after ingesting a bunch of Brubaker (Velvet, The Fade Out, Cap). Besides the more obvious stuff I should look at (Criminal, Fatale) I was looking at this miniseries Hit: 1955 by Bryan Carlson. Anyone read it? It's only $4 on CMX, but I think I would go with TPB.

HIT is great !,, love that mini series..
The new Mini (HIT: 1957) isn't quite as good but still worth it.

I understand why it hasnt happening until now, there is stuff I dont want to post public. And meeting in the middle would be a solution... But we have rather "planned" for one, two days.

Was wondering when comigaf would turn into datingaf this weekend.

Far easier to *plan* for it when you go to her, mate. *Planning* in a car aint THAT bad.

Plus, y'know, that thing about a bad date for a man meaning the girl has bad breath or doesnt show up, and a bad date for a girl meaning her corpse will show up in the evening news.

So I finally got around to reading Dr Fate 2, and while I'm enjoying it, and loving the art, the book is moving at a snails pace. If we end up spending 4 - 5 issues on these first couple of days they're going to loose readers. I think it's having the same issues Vibe had, really well written and great artwork, but moving too slow to hold onto a large enough readership. I hope they course correct soon cause I'd like to see this one last longer than Vibe did.

Messi

Far easier to *plan* for it when you go to her, mate. *Planning* in a car aint THAT bad.

Plus, y'know, that thing about a bad date for a man meaning the girl has bad breath or doesnt show up, and a bad date for a girl meaning her corpse will show up in the evening news.

Holy fuck lol

Messi

I bought like 10 books this week and I only have 3 volumes of Batman Superman left. Reading lots feels good guys. Gotta go to the store to buy more books today. Been catching up on my monthlies on my iPad too.

I understand if me reading books means I have to leave this community but it just happened.

--

I am sitting here watching all the metal gear 5 trailers. Man, Kojima makes the best trailers. So sad that it's nearly over for Kojimas metal gear :(

Zombine

Banned
Had to google catfishing, i kept seeing ads for a show with this name during Scream on MTV.

Unfortunately, a good way to find out if you're getting catfished is to reverse image search photos that she has sent to you. If she says her name is x and the pictures go back to a woman with the name y and they have nothing in common with what she told you (or they live in the states lol)...

tumblr_inline_mhis0waQDy1qz4rgp.gif

Internet safety 101

I am sitting here watching all the metal gear 5 trailers. Man, Kojima makes the best trailers. So sad that it's nearly over for Kojimas metal gear :(

I just started Ground Zeroes the other day. I know it's only one area but it's a hell of a lot of fun. Can't wait for the Phantom Pain.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The music. Bought all the songs of the trailers. Nuclear blew my mind.

We are friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom