• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus CHRIST James Tynion IV is a terrible writer. Why do they let him write things?

Why do they keep making more James Tynions? What do they bring to the world?

What book brought this on?

Red Hood and the Outlaws, believe it or not. He picks up writing duties for Volume 4 (plus a little extra). Now, as much as I enjoy the book, I'll acknowledge that the first 3 volumes were pretty rough, but HOLY CRAP he takes it to a whole 'nother level.

Hellblazer is good and his creator owned series The Woods and even his mini Memetic were good. Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws just sucks.

Messi

Red Hood and the Outlaws, believe it or not. He picks up writing duties for Volume 4 (plus a little extra). Now, as much as I enjoy the book, I'll acknowledge that the first 3 volumes were pretty rough, but HOLY CRAP he takes it to a whole 'nother level.

Well this is incredibly disappointing. I just bought the 3rd and 4th volume after really enjoying the first two. :(

Hellblazer is good and his creator owned series The Woods and even his mini Memetic were good. Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws just sucks.

Possible. The art certainly wasn't helping matters (Julian Gonzalez). But, I mean... forget plotting, maybe he was saddled with some editorial stuff or trying to wrap up earlier plotlines, but the dialogue... my god, the dialogue.

Well this is incredibly disappointing. I just bought the 3rd and 4th volume after really enjoying the first two. :(

Yeah. 3 is consumed more or less wholesale by Death of the Family, 4 is just a trainwreck. 5 is pretty good, after it brushes off the cobwebs of 4. I'm just starting 6 now, but it's enjoyable thus far. Frankly, if you hadn't already bought them I'd advise you to skip them. Doesn't seem like it's going to have much of an impact going forward, lol.

I'm planning on seeing Ant-Man with my cousin today. There are only three 2D showings at my theater today and there's an eight-hour gap between the respective beginnings of the first two.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What's the reasoning of Marvel making a limited run on the Annihilation omnibuses last year? I looked into buying the series finally and they are already out of print and double the price from most sellers.

What's the reasoning of Marvel making a limited run on the Annihilation omnibuses last year? I looked into buying the series finally and they are already out of print and double the price from most sellers.

Implying Marvel employs reasoning when making decisions

Parch

I see "Zoo" is about to start on CBS. I had read the graphic novel and at the time thought it was a decent idea for a movie, but they'll stretch it out into a TV series. Curious to see how horror they decide to bring it. This could be decent or it could be a complete stinker.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did they even promise star wars on MU?

they added all the old star wars stuff months ago and they wouldnt add the current stuff? seems a bit assbackwards if so

Messi you should get Vol. 6 of Outlaws so you can get to this adorable part:

xhBxbUE.jpg

Messi

I've come to realize that there are almost certainly a bunch of things that I (and we) think are perfectly normal and OK now that will be considered horrifying somewhere down the line.

Yeah. I suppose this happens to every generation. I know we will be horrified that we enabled someone like Kipp to fester in our community.

But seriously, I think in years to come stuff like the Batwoman controversy will seem so crazy.

Yeah. I suppose this happens to every generation. I know we will be horrified that we enabled someone like Kipp to fester in our community.

But seriously, I think in years to come stuff like the Batwoman controversy will seem so crazy.

Yo don't talk shit about my boy Kipp. That man changed my life.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yep, they just started giving him a "voice".

Also, just won an auction for the whole Transmet set at $69 shipped. Awww yisss

So good. Doom Patrol is just nonstop amazing. While I was reading it, I kept waiting for a dip in quality because how could anyone possibly keep up that pace? But the dip never came. It only got better and better.

And nice! That's a really good score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom