• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Sitting here halfway through the "Internal Train" arc in Baltimore. Man, this series pushes all my buttons.
Father Duvec is a fucking monster but a really great character. Simply horrifying. In a book full of monsters, he is by far the most terrifying. I'm totally stoked by where they're going with this "Red King" business also!

Zombine

Banned
I regret it already.

Nothing to regret. I have listed a few things that you should take into consideration when meeting online connections in person. Nobody is judging your situation, the way that humans connect has changed greatly over the past 10 years and online friendships/dating has become more commonplace, but there are still individuals who look to exploit others due to their own insecurity or malice, and we wouldn't want to see you get fucked.

Calcium

Banned
I regret it already.

Haha, seriously though I think you should broach the idea of meeting in person sooner rather than later. If you keep putting it off it's just going to feel more awkward. Find a casual way to bring it up and put the ball in her court. If she offers an excuse or denies you then you know where you stand with her. If she doesn't want to meet in person, just keep talking to her remotely if it makes you happy.

and we wouldn't want to see you get fucked.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Good for him I say.

Also, if they ever swap text messages and fresh pics just fine, but voice messages and calling are big nonono's, be aware that you might be about to meet a deaf person with a speech impediment.

As i've learned from experience once.

Also², slim torso pics do not necessarily mean that the person won't near require two chairs to sit down.

Zombine

Banned
The first of which is 'Are they going to attempt to kill me?'.

This is a damn good question to ask yourself, and if she is who she says she is she is probably asking herself a similar question. That is why when you meet people and you find them getting cold feet, move slower. Don't just message them. Talk to them with your voice, get to know one another, web cam, set up boundaries and see if you guys even like one another as friends...THEN move on to meeting one another, and make each other as comfortable as possible (casual atmosphere like a mall or somewhere with lots of people, tell her to tell her family where she is going, how to reach her, and offer her family your number/address) this makes situations like this all around smoother.

Calcium

Banned
I still wouldn't want to see it though. No offense or anything.

Right. I wouldn't actually want to look either, just saying.

He said he's been talking to her for a year and a half. I don't think you guys have to urge caution so strongly. PROFF probably has a pretty good handle on what kind of person she is.

"Get fucked" as in "get rekt" as in Kidney Buddies 4 Lyfe.

Yeah, I know. Low hanging fruit and all...

Also, if they ever swap text messages and fresh pics just fine, but voice messages and calling are big nonono's, be aware that you might be about to meet a deaf person with a speech impediment.

As i've learned from experience once.

Also², slim torso pics do not necessarily mean that the person won't near require two chairs to sit down.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read. Bravo.

Listen Marvel, this is how you price an omnibus and make it an instant purchase. 28 issues for $75. Not 22 issues for $100.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401262031/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Told from a female zombie's perspective, IZOMBIE is a smart, witty detective series with a mix of urban fantasy and romantic dramedy. Gwendolyn "Gwen" Dylan is a 20-something gravedigger in an eco-friendly cemetery. Once a month she must eat a human brain to keep from losing her memories, but in the process she becomes consumed with the thoughts and personality of the dead person until she eats the next brain. She sets out to fulfill the dead person's last request, solve a crime, or right a wrong.

The inspiration behind the hit CW series created by Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) is now collected in its entirety for the first time ever in his oversized omnibus edition! This critically acclaimed series from Chris Roberson and Michael Allred is a can't miss for fans of the show and graphic novel lovers alike! Collects issues #1-28.

Edit: I just hope it doesn't have any of that "from the hit TV show" cover branding.

He said he's been talking to her for a year and a half. I don't think you guys have to urge caution so strongly. PROFF probably has a pretty good handle on what kind of person she is.

You think this and then they stab you in the back with a kitchen knife.
False story

Listen Marvel, this is how you price an omnibus and make it an instant purchase. 28 issues for $75. Not 22 issues for $100.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401262031/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Oh thank fucks. Been meaning to read this, and thankfully they put the sensible pricing on it. DC sometimes does weird things with their pricing, too. Doom Patrol at $150 is a little crazy to me; on the other hand, Animal Man and Planetary were also $75.

Owzers

I own the 4 iZombie trades....have only read the first two and haven't started the tv show yet. I don't think i'm in for the OHC, first two trades were good though.

Oh thank fucks. Been meaning to read this, and thankfully they put the sensible pricing on it. DC sometimes does weird things with their pricing, too. Doom Patrol at $150 is a little crazy to me; on the other hand, Animal Man and Planetary were also $75.

aint nothing sensible about an omnibus

aint nothing sensible about an omnibus

git gud

YVXoMfO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom