• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
People like hating on the new Ghostbusters, but that set photo made me super hyped. It did an awesome job of capturing the essence of the original group that's for sure.

Calcium

Banned
People like hating on the new Ghostbusters, but that set photo made me super hyped. It did an awesome job of capturing the essence of the original group that's for sure.

I'm waiting for a trailer before I judge the reboot. I love Kristen Wiig, but I'm not a fan of McCarthy. It'll have to be something special to win me over.

Zombine

Banned
Who can say no to this?

G4XEmb0h.jpg

Everyone looks so badass.

Owzers

i have no interest in the movie from the photo, but i'll probably rent it either way. However the movie turns out i'll have rented worse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its sad how you cant dislike the ghostbusters picture now without being called a sexist, even tho my reason for disliking it has nothing to do with them being women, but all to do with their look, pose and "IM SO ANGRY" expressions being dumb. Thats not the Ghostbusters vibe to me.

its the difference between parody and homage in my opinion.

Im talking about just the picture of course, im hoping a trailer will change my mind

its sad how you cant dislike the ghostbusters picture now without being called a sexist, even tho my reason for disliking it has nothing to do with them being women, but all to do with their look, pose and "IM SO ANGRY" expressions being dumb. Thats not the Ghostbusters vibe to me.

its the difference between parody and homage in my opinion.

Im talking about just the picture of course, im hoping a trailer will change my mind

i don't read that in their look at all

ElNarez

Banned
Uh what the fuck Ghostbusters have always been disenfranchised working class. Being perfectly happy with the job has never been part of the description. Why the fuck else would you cast Bill Murray in that.

It's gonna do like Guardians, except not shit. Because Guardians of the Galaxy was shit, this is my honest-to-god opinion and I do not get what people see in this movie where stuff just happens for no reason.

Uh what the fuck Ghostbusters have always been disenfranchised working class. Being perfectly happy with the job has never been part of the description. Why the fuck else would you cast Bill Murray in that.

It's gonna do like Guardians, except not shit. Because Guardians of the Galaxy was shit, this is my honest-to-god opinion and I do not get what people see in this movie where stuff just happens for no reason.

tumblr_nr1r6ph5sr1ua4txfo1_500.gif

I'm sure it'll be fine. Can't be worse than GB2. But Feig's films always seem less like movies and more like heavily improv scenes that go on and on pass the obvious "button", and he likes the cast so much he doesn't know what to edit out.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Can't be worse than GB2. But Feig's films always seem less like movies and more like heavily improv scenes that go on and on pass the obvious "button", and he likes the cast so much he doesn't know what to edit out.

god those are my all time favorite movies

(i won't post the video again but)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
image.php

sidenote but the loki issue with this cover is on this week's MU update. I love that book

ElNarez

Banned
Not being able to recognize a lightning-fast gif is supposed to prove what exactly?

No I mean "right now" as "when you are reading this" not "right now in that particular gif", though, as a matter of fact, I would challenge you to tell me what that moment corresponds to in the movie, because it's all a hastily assembled collection of "cool" scenes and quips that doesn't hold up to any scrutiny and the moment you ask "why" it all breaks down like Groot in the climax out of nowhere.

Calcium

Banned
Seriously I forgot what happened in this piece of shit movie AS I LEFT THE THEATER. Like, try and tell me what happens in the movie RIGHT NOW, without looking it up.

The Guardians were trying to keep the Infinity Stone away from Ronan and then after he acquired it (Darn!) they had to stop him from destroying....space planet....

What do I win?

something something McGuffin something quip quip pre-viz action scene something something announcing backstory out loud something villain nobody remembers something something quip quip heroic sacrifice(but not really because Marvel) something something 3rd act climax where big CG things crash into each other quip smash, credits, commercial for next episode after credits

Throw in some 70s pop songs and an overriding self-satisfied attitude of "WE'RE REALLY WACKY AND IRREVERENT (but not really)"

Scene.

Seriously I forgot what happened in this piece of shit movie AS I LEFT THE THEATER. Like, try and tell me what happens in the movie RIGHT NOW, without looking it up.

seriously?

star lord steals an important artifact to sell it goes to sell it someone tries to steal it and then they're all arrested and in prison they hatch a plan to get it back to sell it and then get it back to sell it but when they get it to the buyer it explodes and the bad guy gets it and uses the power for himself and the good guys decide, shit, they'll save the galaxy because they like it there

it's pretty straight forward and memorable

surprised people forgot it

Quill gets one over Yondu by grabbing the Infinity Stone so he can sell it and make a profit. Ends up getting captured with Groot, Rocket and Gamora who was trying to steal it back off him to get it away from Ronan. They escape the prison with Drax and decide to meet the Collector who Gamora had agreed to sell it to.

It ends up exploding and once dumb ass Drax gives Ronan a call, Ronan retrieves the stone and tells Thanos to do one. He'll destroy Xandar himself. Quill and Gamora are captured by the Ravagers and after a failed rescue attempt by Rocket, Drax and Groot, do a deal with Yondu to pay back for earlier. They mount an assault on Ronan's ship with the help of the Nova Corps and just about manage to stop him, get the stone back and kick his ass. The Nova Corps rebuild Quill's ship as a reward and they fly off to do some good, some bad, bit of both.

*sigh* All without Google. I've watched it a few times now.

Quill gets one over Yondu by grabbing the Infinity Stone so he can sell it and make a profit. Ends up getting captured with Groot, Rocket and Gamora who was trying to steal it back off him to get it away from Ronan. They escape the prison with Drax and decide to meet the Collector who Gamora had agreed to sell it to.

It ends up exploding and once dumb ass Drax gives Ronan a call, Ronan retrieves the stone and tells Thanos to do one. He'll destroy Xandar himself. Quill and Gamora are captured by the Ravagers and after a failed rescue attempt by Rocket, Drax and Groot, do a deal with Yondu to pay back for earlier. They mount an assault on Ronan's ship with the help of the Nova Corps and just about manage to stop him, get the stone back and kick his ass. The Nova Corps rebuild Quill's ship as a reward and they fly off to do some good, some bad, bit of both.

*sigh* All without Google.

You must have seen this several times

I just came out of Ant-Man and I'm forgetting it right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom