• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that "crow" thread is so embarrassing

just watch and enjoy nerdy movies, regardless of who made em - we're all on the same team

Yeah but : people love mild chills and spooks, the plight of the american working class, and Kristen Wiig. It's gonna be a barn-burner.

yeah, shit is gonna light up the box office

i'm gonna get my wife into a sexy ghostbusters halloween costume

everyone wins

PsychBat!

Banned
Nobody is forced to read anything, but if one wants to know how Kitty transitioned into a full cosmic character, one must read Black Vortex. Because that's where it happened.

I feel like Gameproff did a good job of demonstrating the kind of commentary I was criticizing, no need to belabor the point. I was mostly aiming at those who have read very little of the modern Guardians run and still feel the need to express how much they think it sucks every time it comes up. Sorry that wasn't clear.
Yeah. I don't know.
This is a really unfair stance that you have.

I don't know.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what's a sexy ghostbusters costume

a light brown jumpsuit with holes?

*googles sexy ghostbuster

IMG_7865.gif

Dalek
I spent a year systematically cataloguing everyone who said they weren't looking forward to Marvel's latest cinematic masterpiece. Boy, they look petty and stupid now!

I always laugh reading it, but it's a nervous laughter.

what's a sexy ghostbusters costume

a light brown jumpsuit with holes?

When IDW did their mostly-girls team (there was one dude, IIRC), the Busters' marketing team had them wearing short shorts:

So I was reading A Death in the Family and of course the Joker is in it and the art has a really exaggerated chin and I came to the conclusion that I didn't like that version. I started to think about what has been my favorite visual representation of The Joker and I thought it would be interesting to talk about it here. Obviously this is not all of them but I found some pics.

ajv7UCS.jpg

QawB4LW.jpg

I'm going to sound even more like a Capullo fanboy that I already am but I really like the dapper slicked back hair look of the Joker from Endgame. What say you ComicGAF?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this week, in Marvel Unlimited fuck-uppery, Wolverines #3 was released although issue #2 hasnt.

giphy.gif

Messi

So I was reading A Death in the Family and of course the Joker is in it and the art has a really exaggerated chin and I came to the conclusion that I didn't like that version. I started to think about what has been my favorite visual representation of The Joker and I thought it would be interesting to talk about it here. Obviously this is not all of them but I found some pics.

ajv7UCS.jpg

QawB4LW.jpg

I'm going to sound even more like a Capullo fanboy that I already am but I really like the dapper slicked back hair look of the Joker from Endgame. What say you ComicGAF?

TAS Joker now and forever imo.

Yeah. I don't know.
This is a really unfair stance that you have.

I don't know.

I thought we weren't going to go back and forth on this...you're free to disagree with my stance and leave it at that. I don't like uninformed pile-ons in any case, Bendis Guardians is just an example. It muddies the water of actual discussion to have people who don't know anything about what's happening in a book weigh in with how bad they think the book is. Maybe it is a little unfair to those people, but does that kind of posting really add anything of merit to a discussion?

Since this is starting to get kind of academic, I suppose I should point out that in all likelihood I have engaged in that sort of posting here on comicgaf at some point. I think most of us do. It's only problematic when there's enough of it to drown out discussion.

ElNarez

Banned
I don't see it in your pic, but I've always thought Jock has a great Joker. Wish I could find a pic of the Black Mirror version instead of the one from the DotF backups but welp.

3465_tumblr-mbscg3g3c41rcv18ko1-500-1354039695.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thought we weren't going to go back and forth on this...you're free to disagree with my stance and leave it at that. I don't like uninformed pile-ons in any case, Bendis Guardians is just an example. It muddies the water of actual discussion to have people who don't know anything about what's happening in a book weigh in with how bad they think the book is. Maybe it is a little unfair to those people, but does that kind of posting really add anything of merit to a discussion?

I even see your point and kinda agree.

Messi

I really don't like how Capullo draws the non fucked up Joker. But his death of the family Joker was creepy as fuck.

Yeah but : people love mild chills and spooks, the plight of the american working class, and Kristen Wiig. It's gonna be a barn-burner.

Wait, do you mean that it's going to be so bad people are going to go home and burn their barns? Or their neighbors barn if they don't have one?

I tend to agree, cuz that's what I've done, but there are cases where the summary of a story doesn't capture the experience of a story's telling. Not saying it's the case with Bendis Guardians or Black Vortex, I have no idea.

The wikipedia option kinda sucks for Black Vortex; there's no real summary and it doesn't even mention Kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom