• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Preacher-11-1996.jpg

This is still one of the coolest scenes I've ever read in a comic book.

Preacher is still my favorite series ever.

And it's DC, traitor :(
Another betrayal, Rhaknar sleeps on a bed of lies!

I was thinking that or his Detective Comics.

Ooh found a picture..she's on Detective 843 at least. I wish i could trade my floppys for digital sometimes
Ah i was thinking that as another possibility. But I got the writer correct? Go me. I only read it once when it came out

Messi

Messi, not all pedphiles are priests. Not all priests are pedophiles.

I know this. I also live in Ireland where that massive scandal happened. But here is not the place for that.

I am reading Batman Superman. Sometimes Jae Lee's art is really great (covers and single page images) but maybe he isn't for me as an ongoing artist. His work is very sparse in places. That said. His Catwoman is amazing, so flowy and nimble.

Story is confusing starting out.

Their episode in Brave and the Bold was amazing.

Never gave that series much attention to be honest. I had seen a few stray episodes, which I thought were great, but I couldn't get into it too much - even when I actually sat down and watched from the beginning.

May just check out that DP one. Didn't know they were in it.

Rude.

I spent 3 years as an alterboy and then years later all that shit was revealed about those pedophile priests. Makes me sick. :(

Catholicism is scary

I say this as someone who was born in a primarily catholic country and went to catholic school for some time

funny not all that funny story:

about 4 years into living in the US, I was super confused when someone asked me what religion I was. I just thought everybody was catholic. I was like 12 when I figued out there were different religions *in the USA*

Which I guess was a product of moving from a catholic country to a very hispanic neighborhood in Austin

Catholicism is scary

I say this as someone who was born in a primarily catholic country and went to catholic school for some time

funny not all that funny story:

about 4 years into living in the US, I was super confused when someone asked me what religion I was. I just thought everybody was catholic. I was like 12 when I figued out there were different religions *in the USA*

Which I guess was a product of moving from a catholic country to a very hispanic neighborhood in Austin

Which country, if you don't mind my asking?

Never gave that series much attention to be honest. I had seen a few stray episodes, which I thought were great, but I couldn't get into it too much - even when I actually sat down and watched from the beginning.

May just check out that DP one. Didn't know they were in it.

The whole series is gold, really.

And on Netflix, to boot.

Which country, if you don't mind my asking?

Mexico

specifically Coahuila

according to wikipedia
The 2010 census reported that Mexico had some 101,456,786 Catholics among the population aged five and above, which equates to around 91% of the total population, making it the second largest Catholic country in the world after Brazil.

some other sources have it at 85%+

according to a wikipedia source, Coahuila is 80% catholic

Messi

They're in trades for sure. There's From Fabletown with Love and Fables are Forever.

Can you explain Fairest to me. Where are there 4 volumes and the fairest in all the land. Is fairest in all the land standalone ?

Respect the hustle of your boss who rocks the harley poster. Classic or current harley?

Can you explain Fairest to me. Where are there 4 volumes and the fairest in all the land. Is fairest in all the land standalone ?

Fairest is a spin-off of the main series. Separate from Cinderella.

Fairest focuses on the female characters from Fables. So it's basically the girly hijinks cliffnotes edition made just for Messi.

Messi

Fairest is a spin-off of the main series. Separate from Cinderella.

Fairest focuses on the female characters from Fables. So it's basically the girly hijinks cliffnotes edition made just for Messi.

Would it ruin Fables if I read it separately ?

Also is fairest in all the land separate?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goosebumps

Too spoilery for those that haven't read Preacher so not posting but linking it.

Dat Jesse panic / desperation :(

Nope. Not even a little bit.
He's so X-TREME tho

If you're trying to get into Superman I'd recommend reading All-Star Superman, Superman Birthright, and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? instead of trying to jump into his ongoing stories. You can also look up some other recommended Superman trades, but those are my recommendations. It's a cheaper way to get into the character and the content is of much higher quality.

Also, I haven't read Superman or Action Comics so I don't know the difference.
I'd add Superman For All Seasons to the recommended Superman reading list.
Sure did, and I can only imagine that mental fuckery it caused both Bee and Momo. Infiltration vs. Bee was by far the best match of EVO though. That one had me shaking a little after it was done and over with lol.
Gamerbee vs. Infiltration in Loser's was about 50% of an amazing match. That Chun li vs. Elena garbage was lame as hell. Elena in my top 5 most disliked SF characters ever after this year.

Bee vs Momo was tight to watch, but yeah that stick break sucked. You could tell Momo didn't want that to happen. Same with Bee. It was so fucking emotional, too. My friend pointed out that Momo went to go get his headphones immediately, and it was probably because he was going to go off and enter his own headspace for awhile. So much respect on that SF stage.

Now, the MKX stage, on the other hand...lawd have mercy...

wow I had forgotten Doom Patrol was in the original TT cartoon. In my defense, I didn't know what a "doom patrol" was back then.

Doom_Patrol_Teen_Titans.png
S5 was primarily dedicated to Beast Boy and the DP have a heavy role in his origin story. So yeah, they popped up. Raven and Negative Man bro out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom