• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Nerd-Gif.gif

giphy.gif

Tizoc

Yeah but I dont find it nearly as fucked up as Preacher.
Crossed is sort of one note. Preacher is many, many notes all of which disturbing.

Ennis may write the most twisted and sickest ish ever, but he excels at how fantastically human he can write his characters.
Case in point his short 3-issue Spiderman story from Web of Spiderman.

He also wrote some WW2 stories, but the name of that series escapes me atm.

Zombine

Banned
Fairest is an awesome deal on Comixology. I'm just going to buy the rest digitally because DC couldn't give a shit about collecting the series into books.

dan2026

Not even remotely close.

Oh do tell.

Ennis may write the most twisted and sickest ish ever, but he excels at how fantastically human he can write his characters.
Case in point his short 3-issue Spiderman story from Web of Spiderman.

He also wrote some WW2 stories, but the name of that series escapes me atm.

Don't get me wrong, Ennis is a great writer. Even if his stuff can get a little stomach churning.

Messi

You can read it on its own, but it carries over elements from events in the main book. Certain things may be lost on you, but it's still the best fables book post 75+.

Avoid the Jack book like the fuckin plague.

Jack is a shit character so I wouldn't bother with that.

omgkitty

I love them. They look sharp as hell and I've had no problems at all. Trades are a last resort for me.

Yeah before I bought an iPad, I was mostly waiting for trades as I didn't like dealing with singles, but now I mostly just buy stuff off Comixology when it's on sale and HC's.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Beard hunter, here we go...

Second greatest single issue ever, behind that Mallah and the Brain issue.

So, how's Preacher? From the quick sinopsis I've read, it seems more interesting than Sandman.

Preacher is one of my all-time favorites. I'm not the hugest fan of how far Ennis goes at times with the crude humor, but any negatives I feel are totally crossed out by the insane peaks that he hits. So many amazing moments and such incredible characters and dialogue and everything and aaahhhh I love Preacher.

Crossed, Stitched, Dicks.

The Boys.

Mango chobani is pretty dope. It's one of the better flavors.

I love mangos in general. S-tier fruit, along with strawberries.

i prefer them to the flop, and maybe to digital if the price isn't too different.

My thoughts exactly. My main problem with tpbs is how mishandled they usually come from Amazon. I can treat them with the requisite amount of care when they're in my hands, but I often get scratched covers or bent corners and send them back for a replacement.

But, then, that also happens with HC dust jackets. Amazon or the companies they use just suck in general honestly...

My thoughts exactly. My main problem with tpbs is how mishandled they usually come from Amazon. I can treat them with the requisite amount of care when they're in my hands, but I often get scratched covers or bent corners and send them back for a replacement.

But, then, that also happens with HC dust jackets. Amazon or the companies they use just suck in general honestly...

The worst with Amazon are higher page count paperbacks. Sure, just dump them all together loosely in a box that's too big for them. That can never end badly with damaged covers or pages from them smashing together!

Owzers

I gave up on Amazon, last time i bought a book from them it took 3 tries to get a Hellboy Library without dents and the one i ended up with still wasn't great. IST or DCBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom