• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets do it together at some point!

Just remembered that Batman: Gothic should also arrive in the next days. Man, so much GM stuff :D

I'm not sure when or how much I would actually reread. I might only do a couple of things. I'll let you know if I get around to it.

For some reason I'm one of the few people who preferred Inc to the rest of the run (and I'm a big fan of the rest of the run too); most people didn't like Inc as much as I did. It might have quite a bit to do with Chris Burnham's art, but I also loved the writing and the appearances of all the Batmen from around the world, so I dunno. I'm really excited to reread it in my Absolute Edition whenever I get around to it.

It was a neat idea, but I think I may not have appreciated it for what it was. Inc was one of the first Morrison books, heck even just in general, I ever read. It would be interesting to see how my perspective has changed in some 3+ years.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It was a neat idea, but I think I may not have appreciated it for what it was. Inc was one of the first Morrison books, heck even just in general, I ever read. It would be interesting to see how my perspective has changed in some 3+ years.

Had you read it without having read the rest of the run?

Kipp

I thought we were completely in sync ;_;

I know... I know...
It's definitely a shock to the system, but I think we'll both be better off in the end admitting that we may not have 100% similar tastes.

You will still love Preacher though.

Tizoc

Bah gawd
0fVFabl.jpg

Kipp

It will be the true test of our relationship

If you like Preacher, your next step will be to read Life and Times of Martha Washington by Frank Miller.
Or Strangers in Paradise.
Or something else I love that I can't remember at the moment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when is the next secret wars? seems the hype has kinda died down lately (normal halfway through a event I guess)

Found a copy of Miller's Daredevil omnibus at a reasonable price, bought it. I was annoyed I missed it earlier in the year and it started selling for crazy prices on eBay. Never read it before, should be fun.

Zombine

Banned
when is the next secret wars? seems the hype has kinda died down lately (normal halfway through a event I guess)

Secret wars is the greatest thing to happen to Marvel in years. It's not that hype died down, but instead that the hype is all in the official thread.

Ben drops a quick "OMG" every week but for the most part we're just talking about random books.

Kipp

Noted.

Now stop recommending shit, I can only hype so much before I explode D:

Okay, I'll stop now. :p

Found a copy of Miller's Daredevil omnibus at a reasonable price, bought it. I was annoyed I missed it earlier in the year and it started selling for crazy prices on eBay. Never read it before, should be fun.

What! No! That went out of stock!? I've been meaning to pick that up ever since I got into comics, but I kept saying "Nah, I"ll just buy it next time."
Well, I guess I'll hold out hope that they'll do a reprint and also do a reprint of the companion omnibus and Elektra omnibus.

Secret wars is the greatest thing to happen to Marvel in years. It's not that hype died down, but instead that the hype is all in the official thread.

Ben drops a quick "OMG" every week but for the most part we're just talking about random books.

For me, Secret Wars as an event has solidified the need for a new multiverse-spanning series, like Exiles or a What If? that isn't weird, depressing and focused entirely around events. I really enjoy all these tie-ins giving us a glimpse at different worlds.

Future comic writers, take heed you will never write "cool" dialog as bad as Nic Pizzolotto is on Season 2 of TD right now.

"Blue balls of the heart"

zombine pls explain

ElNarez

Banned
Way v Lolos: Final Round

Warning: Highly offensive language throughout

http://steamrobo.blogspot.gr/2015/07/fuck-gerard-way.html

Can't tell who's right or wrong here but holy moly

This really reads like

dude you're saying a bunch of inaccurate shit and throwing loads of people under the bus in the name of your self-aggrandizement (oh yeaaaaah? well suck a shit dipbag your mouth is a bull's butthole and you're spilling all this bullshit everywhere and your fans are dumb idiot fuckers and I once fingered Janice and you didn't also you don't really smoke and I do nyeaaaaah) and I'd like to maybe talk about it (you know who wants to talk about shit? a gay lord that is a lord of the gays yeaaah in your face gaylord)

for way longer than necessary

I'm deep into Hickman's Avengers now, after Original Sin (but before Axis still - the "Great Society" incursion is starting now), and yes this is great, but I kind of think maybe people hyped it a bit too much. I mean, I love how "hard sci fi" it is, and yes the stakes do seem higher than any prior story. But if Hickman's big, macro, grandiose ideas and plots are his strength, it's his micro game that I wish he'd hit a little more... small talk, humor, etc. He's kind of the opposite of Bendis in that regard. The party after Infinity where Thor is cooking the hot dogs was such a rare instance, and it's kind of jarring to go from BMB who sure, did too much of that, to someone who's nearly ALL business.

And it's not just that, I feel like Hickman's dialogue can be kind of stilted, and sometimes he can be a little hard to follow. Like, I need to go back and read the last few pages sometimes just to figure out what the hell is going on. His writing style is so... high density.

But that said, I'm enjoying it. Bendis' Avengers had gotten stale. The Avengers are better off, and for that matter so is Bendis... I'm enjoying his X-Books. Those I'm actually up to the 6 month MU buffer on now. :( Which is amazing, considering I started with Morrison's NXM and came forward.

Kipp

I was excited to watch S2 of True Detective because S1 was so incredible.
Then I was incredibly disappointed that S2 was kind of sucking.
Now I'm really excited to watch S2 again so I can hear the amazing quotes.

Zombine

Banned
Every now and then a man will get caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but it's up to him to pull out something other than oatmeal raisin.

Fuck otmeal raisin. You can tell a whole lot about a man and his taste in sweets. If you find out that the jar is full of that shit...buy the house and cook your own damn food. Dont's lets nobody...nobody...tells you what's you can and can't not do.

Double negatives are a bitch. That's why my ma told me to stay positive at least twice a day. That way it all cancels out in the end.

Kipp

Loool. So glad this is the last week I'll have to write these sponsored posts. The prompts they give us are hilarious.

"Your tone should be fun, flirty and edgy. Use our color palette and demonstrate the product’s fun, flirty and playful nature"

Every now and then a man will get caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but it's up to him to pull out something other than oatmeal raisin.

Fuck otmeal raisin. You can tell a whole lot about a man and his taste in sweets. If you find out that the jar is full of that shit...buy the house and cook your own damn food. Dont's lets nobody...nobody...tells you what's you can and can't not do.

Double negatives are a bitch. That's why my ma told me to stay positive at least twice a day. That way it all cancels out in the end.

A+

Loool. So glad this is the last week I'll have to write these sponsored posts. The prompts they give us are hilarious.

"Your tone should be fun, flirty and edgy. Use our color palette and demonstrate the product’s fun, flirty and playful nature"

Screw that, write it as a vincepost

ElNarez

Banned
The scary thing about your true detective quotes is that they're one reference to current events away from being Ales Kot comics. (WOLF #1, in stores tomorrow)

"This city, it's a mother, it's a whore, it's every woman you've known, every woman you'll ever know, it's bare naked capitalism, shaking its butt in your face, daring you to touch, but if you do? It'll make you pay. It'll hurt you. There is no sex in the champagne room. Never."

Wanderer5

Just signed up for Marvel Unlimited with that ant-man code, cause a penny for a month is pretty hard not to give it a round heh. Think I take the opportunity to look into Moon Knight, and catch up with Captain Marvel.

Kipp

Omg for real. This is what the prompt says regarding when one of the coupons we're promoting expires:
"(valid for 90 days from 7/20)"

LIKE HOLY SHIT COULD YOU NOT JUST SAY WHAT THAT DATE IS!? IT'S NOT LIKE NOBODY COULD POSSIBLY PREDICT WHAT DAY 90 DAYS FROM 7/20 IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom