• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but for a minute there when they were doing that cheerleading shit saying they were going to be fast as hell they were getting your package to you in under 5 days. Now they're back to their same old crap again.

Hell, I've had recent packages not even ship in under 5 days.

Is Batman Eternal worth the 29.99 per volume it's currently going for on Comixology? Or should I wait for a sale?

Part of me wants to just jump on that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No, I mean, it started out really enjoyable, but it lost me about the time they started introducing the spooky stuff with Batwing.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No, I mean, it started out really enjoyable, but it lost me about the time they started introducing the spooky stuff with Batwing.

Eh, I still found it mostly enjoyable. What it suffers from is having all these "semi-linked but not exactly" stories and plot lines where some of them eventually seem to be sorta just there to fill space. Related, it also drags on a bit too long for its own good.

I consider myself fortunate that my last order was made last Thursday and it shipped on Monday

Oh sure. It can ship fairly quickly when you don't end up waiting forever to get one or two books.

Eh. It kind of goes off the rails towards the, uh, hiatus.

Thanks for the recs, will hold off until cheaper.

I fell off before that, but I've been rereading from the beginning. I always loved the atmosphere and the fact that they never seem to win. Also, the
level 4 Akuma attack on HQ when they're recovering and half their fighters are powerless. Such a high risk twist.

I've heard the start up is looking promising.

I fell off before that, but I've been rereading from the beginning. I always loved the atmosphere and the fact that they never seem to win. Also, the
level 4 Akuma attack on HQ when they're recovering and half their fighters are powerless. Such a high risk twist.

I've heard the start up is looking promising.
It's so good. I wish she could get back to it, because I need it to continue. Because if it continues, then I can get my animu reboot.

It's so good. I wish she could get back to it, because I need it to continue. Because if it continues, then I can get my animu reboot.

It's back though, just started back up last week. It's being released quarterly, but it's something.

Man if only that first anime would have been better, I think the series would have had a better following, but there were so many things wrong with it. The character designs translated poorly, poor animation overall, so much filler and padding. I think maybe the last episode or two had some legit awesome fight animation, but that was it. Such a waste.

Those eternal trades are expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuck

They really are, although the first one, while still certainly being more expensive than similar recent DC (Batman) paperback collections, isn't utterly terrible. Vol 2 is like 180 pages shorter at the same price, though, which is just ridiculous.

It's back though, just started back up last week. It's being released quarterly, but it's something.

Man if only that first anime would have been better, I think the series would have had a better following, but there were so many things wrong with it. The character designs translated poorly, poor animation overall, so much filler and padding. I think maybe the last episode or two had some legit awesome fight animation, but that was it. Such a waste.

WHAAAAAAAAT?! DID NOT KNOW!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally started myself a Google Calendar since I'll have two jobs where I work shifts and that's just too hard to keep track of in my head.
My life is already a million times better. Calendars are amazing.

Not old. I'll check this out a little later.

It was announced like two weeks ago, so I'm not surprised. I need to catch up to that. Waiting on an IST order with my missing volumes.

D. Gray-man really is worthy of an anime, especially a reboot. It can fix the one problem I feel it really has: her damn action sequences. Lord do I have no idea what's occurring in those sometimes.

AsfaeksBR

Quick question about Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin.

There's a "Definitive Edition" on Amazon BR containing 444 pages.
And there are the 3 Deluxe editions, Volumes 1~3, with 168 pages each.

Is the Definitive Edition just the 3 regular Volumes combined? It doesn't really add up on the page count...

Quick question about Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin.

There's a "Definitive Edition" on Amazon BR containing 444 pages.
And there are the 3 Deluxe editions, Volumes 1~3, with 168 pages each.

Is the Definitive Edition just the 3 regular Volumes combined? It doesn't really add up on the page count...

could you link to them?

I gotta put in a new IST order by tomorrow if I wanna keep dat extra discount, but I'm really at a loss here. I don't know if I really really need anything.

Are we talking about Manga again?

I was pretty close to buying some this weekend before settling on Sharez De and Wonder Woman vol 1-3

I was gonna buy some Biomega and Berserk but manga size still pisses me off

I've never seen the 'definite edition' before. Maybe its just a Brazil/Portugal release?

"Many superhero comics and films are perfect recruitment tools for the military-industrial complex."

uhhhhhhhhh................

I don't necessarily agree with him but I think he is saying that many superhero comics and films show that the way to solve problems is by violently punching them into submission. If that appeals to you in a way that makes you want to take action, the military might seem like a good option for that. I think thats what he's getting at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joFscTDHdIc&list=PLwVWRXZuLjoEuwV23Y6OCZhpk7PcCd6G1&index=3
These Marvel character references in these bars:

"Champion level once again, I've been hiding out with my powers like Super Skrull in the skin."

"You bring that arcane, I'm Doc Strange, spark fledged? and dark reign?, like Hawkeye, my arch range, like Flocka on the top game?" (This whole section I couldn't make out what he was sayin.)

"They love to hate me like Filipino the champ, every frame you see is a trap, I put Phoenix team on the map."

I'm not sure what the missing pages are. It's clearly an oversized hardcover collection, but the English Absolute Batman & Robin is 488 pages, which is 44 more. It's possible it's missing some extra material that the English trades and Absolute have and that is the page count difference, although that's still quite a lot of missing pages either way.

AsfaeksBR

I've never seen the 'definite edition' before. Maybe its just a Brazil/Portugal release?

I'm 90% sure it does, going by the artists names it listed in the description(Quitely, Tan Steward, Clark, Irving and Burnham). It must be missing a bunch of "extra" stuff like sketches and concept art and junk. Must be a special Brazil/Portugal thing.

I'm not sure what the missing pages are. It's clearly an oversized hardcover collection, but the English Absolute Batman & Robin is 488 pages, which is 44 more. It's possible it's missing some extra material that the English trades and Absolute have and that is the page count difference, although that's still quite a lot of missing pages either way.

Ok, will get the separate volumes in english.
Just a question, though: Is the Volume 3 the only one available in Hardcover? At least that's what I found via Amazon and InStockTrade...

Zombine

Banned
Lol Windows 8 Comixology app

giphy.gif

Wanderer5

Moon Knight is such a weird hero lol. The whole 4 aspects of Khonshu affecting Spector is pretty cool and interesting part of him. I got hooked with the 2014 series pretty quick heh.

Too bad there like only one thing for Werewolf by Night on Marvel Unlimited through. Once I learned where Moon Knight first came of, course I would be interested in a werewolf heh heh.

D. Gray-man really is worthy of an anime, especially a reboot. It can fix the one problem I feel it really has: her damn action sequences. Lord do I have no idea what's occurring in those sometimes.

I know exactly what you mean. She's not the worst, but goddamn, when things get color-intensive or too involved, it's hard to tell what the hell just happened. It's really damning because, while she's not the best artist by any means, she has gotten really good at stylistic shading and her character designs are so good.

Are we talking about Manga again?

I was pretty close to buying some this weekend before settling on Sharez De and Wonder Woman vol 1-3

I was gonna buy some Biomega and Berserk but manga size still pisses me off

Berserk is the bane of my fucking existence. Won't release a bigger size. Won't release better collections. It's lame as fuck.

Hmm... a manga getting manga-style releases. Weird. If you need graphic novel sized manga, you could always read Attack on Titan.

Well, ok, the manga that get larger page sizes are few and far between (though Prison School does, funnily enough), but a lot of them do get better collections than just singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom