• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being funded on June 18th 2014 the Booch finally came through with my copy a year later:

XZdSWW7.jpg

Now to wait for who knows how long for the other issues.
I'm debating whether or not to start buying the Hellboy library editions. :p

They are nice but once you start buying them it's all downhill for your wallet and shelf space.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Nice. Thanks.

Will I like the story tho? And I feel like I'll get sucked into buying BPRD after that, and man, I don't wanna buy that many books, yo.

Just buy the first Library Edition and find out. If you like good comics you'll like the story though.
And lol. Yeah, it'd be terrible to have to buy a ton of books because you're enjoying a series so much. :p

jet.com doesnt have sales tax to texas
woo hoo

Yeah but paying a yearly fee to even shop at the site kinda puts me off. So far their graphic novel section is barely there. They don't have any upcoming comics to preorder. But if this leads to Amazon doing away with taxes then bring on the competition.

Seriously though, are there any good Moon Knight runs besides Ellis? I'd like to get invested in the character, but one run on him isn't going to do much in that direction.
I know exactly what you mean. She's not the worst, but goddamn, when things get color-intensive or too involved, it's hard to tell what the hell just happened. It's really damning because, while she's not the best artist by any means, she has gotten really good at stylistic shading and her character designs are so good.
You should pick up the art book, Noche, if you ever get a chance. Absolutely fascinating to look at. I've never taken time to go through an art book before that. Truly beautiful. I love looking at D. Gray-man as much as reading it, but she needs to learn to clean up her sequences. It's primarily her inability to draw hand-to-hand combat that kills it. Which especially sucks when you have characters like Leenalee and Kanda, who are very much close-quarters fighters. That's why pretty much everyone has an energy blast or some sort of projectile.

I doubt that will last long once Amazon decides that they no longer really benefit from that rather outdated legal situation and lobby congress to finally fix it. :p
well, they tried for a while and then caved in for some reason here in Texas

it was a sad day for me

amazon laust

they started losing with their terrible packaging

i wonder how jet's packaging is b/c just comparing the first 2 hellboy library editions, ordering from jet is $10 cheaper than IST

it was a sad day for me

they started losing with their terrible packaging

i wonder how jet's packaging is b/c just comparing the first 2 hellboy library editions, ordering from jet is $10 cheaper

jet just redirects orders from other places. My orders are coming from buy.com and some other seller.

it was a sad day for me

I meant fix in that online retailers all being forced to collect sales tax instead of the comical idea that people will pay the taxes they owe. I mean, I'm not a big fan of regressive taxes like a sales tax, but if it's going to exist it should be done right.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
New Statue Arrival!

Luis Royo Harley Quinn - Entertainment Earth Exclusive

Holy crap this thing is lovely.

Is that a painting of apples on the wall?
What's that little wallet-sized photo or magnet on your fridge of?
Is that lotion on the table? Why do you keep it in such a convenient place?

Messi

Is that a painting of apples on the wall?
What's that little wallet-sized photo or magnet on your fridge of?
Is that lotion on the table? Why do you keep it in such a convenient place?

It would seem a painting of apples, a crocodile and I always need my lotions nearby. You never know.

Tizoc

Aw yisss these next months are gonna be
d5kxfmJ.gif

CJql3g9WsAA9KP6.jpg

SINS OF THE WRECKERS!

CJrrb9AWcAAZ_Vn.jpg_large.jpeg

GRIMLOCK HAS FUCKING RETURNED!

STK677603.jpg

And apparently this is what Cyclonus' psyche looks like in human form

jet just redirects orders from other places. My orders are coming from buy.com and some other seller.
yeah, I was listening to an NPR piece on it this morning

so in your case are you paying sales taxes on your order because I legit need to buy some books and this looks pretty good

I meant fix in that online retailers all being forced to collect sales tax instead of the comical idea that people will pay the taxes they owe. I mean, I'm not a big fan of regressive taxes like a sales tax, but if it's going to exist it should be done right.
Sarah, sometimes I think you are my alt

Alright Freeza, I'm a few chapters into Prison School here. It's pretty good, but as I expected, it's not really my thing. BUT, I will say I am enjoying it. It's pretty ridiculous in a good way. Art is good, and I find it hilarious how it borders on what I would consider that horror manga style that series like Attack on Titan use for some panels.

Not really about the series, but the build quality of the book is stellar.

You should pick up the art book, Noche, if you ever get a chance. Absolutely fascinating to look at. I've never taken time to go through an art book before that. Truly beautiful. I love looking at D. Gray-man as much as reading it, but she needs to learn to clean up her sequences. It's primarily her inability to draw hand-to-hand combat that kills it. Which especially sucks when you have characters like Leenalee and Kanda, who are very much close-quarters fighters. That's why pretty much everyone has an energy blast or some sort of projectile.

Yeah I was looking at that artbook. I'll have to pick it up.

I was just flipping through some of the volumes, and I wouldn't say she gets it wrong every time; the fight between Krory and Jasdevi didn't have too much of that. But It's at least persistent enough to notice. I spend a minute or so going over some panels to figure out what just happened.

I've heard the art has gotten better in the new chapter, though I'm not sure how much action was in it. Very excited to finally get to that, but I'm still catching up.

ElNarez

Banned
yeah I saw that earlier. One of my artist friends always likes Cho's updates so I get them from time to time on my fb feed. Cho is so very talented but goddammit his mind is juvenile.

I dunno, I never really liked realistic crosshatched as all hell Cho. It's square in the uncanny valley, and it's really obvious he's working from reference material.

Yeah I was looking at that artbook. I'll have to pick it up.

I was just flipping through some of the volumes, and I wouldn't say she gets it wrong every time; the fight between Krory and Jasdevi didn't have too much of that. But It's at least persistent enough to notice. I spend a minute or so going over some panels to figure out what just happened.

I've heard the art has gotten better in the new chapter, though I'm not sure how much action was in it. Very excited to finally get to that, but I'm still catching up.

The newest chapter is a lot of talking, but a massive bomb was dropped. Seriously. The biggest possible revelation that could have happened at this point (aside from where the Heart is) just occurred.

I dunno, I never really liked realistic crosshatched as all hell Cho. It's square in the uncanny valley, and it's really obvious he's working from reference material.

Actually no. He uses no reference material.

And a lot of artists do nude commissions but keep those under wraps and don't post them.

Cho doesn't care.

yeah, I was listening to an NPR piece on it this morning

so in your case are you paying sales taxes on your order because I legit need to buy some books and this looks pretty good

Nope. 2 different orders (from three different sellers) shipping to Michigan. 0 tax.

Or some Valiant...

:)

Isn't Valiant the same company that put out "oversized" hardcovers in which the art was the exact same size as the regular hard covers but with blank borders all around?

Isn't Valiant the same company that put out "oversized" hardcovers in which the art was the exact same size as the regular hard covers but with blank borders all around?

Nope, not as far as I know.

Yeah it was...whooooo

It's BIG

It's also a very intense chapter, since it primarily focuses strictly on Allen and the Earl on a very emotional level.

damn man, you're giving me blue balls in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom