• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like reading on my ipad for color pop and because i can hold it closer to my face than a large heavy hardcover that has to be read in the Kipp Position. I was thinking about the same thing while starting on the Hellboy Library editions last night and i was glad i picked up the BPRD frognibus collections during the last cmx sale.

I rather risk the hernia

Favorite reading position in bed. Pillow propped up by my right arm resting against my head. Tablet on the bed and just pressing next page button with my left. Just about impossible with physical.

Hagi

Yep it comes with a Steve head and spare helmet

That's cool Hot Toys can be a bit weird with extras, I'll have to see if I can get him sometime along with Scott Lang.

Anyone reading the new Secret Six? I was a big fan of the original series and wondering if it was worth picking up.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey dudes, DH is having every issue of BPRD for sale at the moment. Any particularly great arcs that should be given priority?

Edit: Argh, seems it's only a single arc. I went off half cocked :'(

fauxtrot

Banned
Hey dudes, DH is having every issue of BPRD for sale at the moment. Any particularly great arcs that should be given priority?

I'd just start from the beginning... it's not like your typical comic where things shift and "reset" after a while. It's all one big beautiful story and you'll get the most out of it reading it in order from the first trade.

A League of Their Own - Gotham style.

qKdIvec.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/25336-dc-b...-where-women-were-heroes-of-world-war-ii.html

Messi

That's cool Hot Toys can be a bit weird with extras, I'll have to see if I can get him sometime along with Scott Lang.

Anyone reading the new Secret Six? I was a big fan of the original series and wondering if it was worth picking up.

First two issues were establishing characters and were rough, last two have been really good and off the wall. I think its worth getting into. Gail is having fun. plus Strix is in it.

Hagi

First two issues were establishing characters and were rough, last two have been really good and off the wall. I think its worth getting into. Gail is having fun. plus Strix is in it.

I don't think I've read anything with Strix, was she in the ties in to the Court of Owls stuff? I downloaded the sneak peak and it seems interesting so bought all the issues. Gails fun I follow her and twitter and she seems super nice.

Seems like I'm slowly getting back into DC these days.

Started reading Wasteland. Artwork's nice enuff and dialogue is ok so far, but i must be growing extra-old because... seeing dudes form a freaking firing line and stand tall on a mostly open field to deal with incoming enemy troops? Bothers the fuck outta me.

Messi

I don't think I've read anything with Strix, was she in the ties in to the Court of Owls stuff? I downloaded the sneak peak and it seems interesting so bought all the issues. Gails fun I follow her and twitter and she seems super nice.

Seems like I'm slowly getting back into DC these days.

Yeah she was in Batgirl during the owls stuff and then Gail had her hang around as apparently she is her fav person to write (she writes some adorable moments) she was also in Birds of Prey for a bit.

I'm such a digital snob now. I wish for the books in my physical collection that I still have to read that I could just put them on my iPad and read there.
Hell yea. Once you cut the chord there's no going back. Through CMX sales I've slowly rebuilt my physical/trade collection and then some. I still get the occasional physical trade but it's gotta be like the Kabuki library edition or the OHC/deluxe editions for something special

And after these line wide sales the past year most of my backlog wish list is DC. Just need those mega sales from DC and I'm set!

No, no. They just need to have something equally nice underneath them. And do you really want to deny Big Hard Sex Criminals?

Dust jackets are such a pain, though. Especially if you're using the offical ComicGAF Omnibus Reading Position™. It just keeps sliding around. And if it's a glossy dust jacket, then it's going to start feeling gross if you have your hands on it for too long.

Messi

Dust jackets are such a pain, though. Especially if you're using the offical ComicGAF Omnibus Reading Position™. It just keeps sliding around. And if it's a glossy dust jacket, then it's going to start feeling gross if you have your hands on it for too long.

SEJIC!!!!

You aint supposed to hold the book with the dust jacked, but to remove it and put it back when shelving. Is why it's called a dust jacket, and not a filthy mitts jacked.

I think dust jackets are good for special/oversized HCs, but I wouldn't mind the Marvel-style ones for regular HCs.

Yeah, I don't really disagree here.

Oh, I tend to take them off while I'm actually reading.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dust jackets are nothing but trash. I wish I could just take all of them off my books and burn them, but I could never hurt their hypothetical resale value like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom