• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There better be a "there's no crying in baseball" reference

And Tom Hanks. And Madonna. And Geena Davis, and Lori "Tank Girl" Petty goddamnit

Screen-Shot-2013-09-05-at-00.09.37.png

they can keep Rosie tho

tim1138

And Tom Hanks. And Madonna. And Gena Davis, and Lori "Tank Girl" Petty goddamnit

Screen-Shot-2013-09-05-at-00.09.37.png

they can keep Rosie tho

Marla Hooch, what a hitter!

Real talk, they had surviving players from the league that movie was based on at the All Star Game Fan Fest. My wife met and talked to them and got their autographs on a cool print about the real life Rockford Peaches

The Scott Pilgrim comics are even more amazing than I remember them being. Last time I read through the whole series was right before the movie came out. Now having watched the movie a billion times since it came out in 2010, I have a new appreciation for the details in the comics, and it's fun seeing how much dialogue the movie just took wholesale from the pages (like... a lot. More so than any other adaptation I've seen)

The Scott Pilgrim comics are even more amazing than I remember them being. Last time I read through the whole series was right before the movie came out. Now having watched the movie a billion times since it came out in 2010, I have a new appreciation for the details in the comics, and it's fun seeing how much dialogue the movie just took wholesale from the pages (like... a lot. More so than any other adaptation I've seen)

Look at this:

I didn't know half of comicgaf was secretly amiibogaf...

Just know I'm judging you guys.

Not me. I only buy quality statues and figures.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yoooo. Sleeper is awesome. Just read the first issue of Sleeper proper. Love the premise and Brubaker nails the writing as always.
And Sean Phillips' art is great as always too. I feel like his panel work in this is the best I've seen from him though. Some of these layouts are just amazing. Not necessarily doing anything crazy with the paneling, but it's just so masterfully done.

Still weird that I'm actually reading comics again. I feel alive again.

At least they're better for you than heroin.

Well, technically pure heroin itself isn't bad for you in almost any way, it's just the addiction, risk of overdosing, or additives that are bad for you. So maybe amiibos are worse for you than heroin?

Zombine

Banned
Zombine is perhaps the most shocking of all to me.

I'm sorry. I have wanted trophies of Nintendo
Characters since I was 11. This is me making good on that promise to myself.

On the flip side, I don't have them all and I never will. If they are easy to get I will
Buy them, if they are not then they can fuck off. I will never pay a dollar over retail price for these things.

I'm sorry. I have wanted trophies of Nintendo
Characters since I was 11. This is me making good on that promise to myself.

On the flip side, I don't have them all and I never will. If they are easy to get I will
Buy them, if they are not then they can fuck off. I will never pay a dollar over retail price for these things.

It's ok man, I was just kidding about judging. It was just a little surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom