• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honest to god want a game that's just challenge maps with every single character in the franchise that has been playable. I'm talking Bats, Joker, Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Azrael (but make him different from Bats this time), Deathstroke, League of Shadows Bruce, and Selina.

I want all of them. I know it's intensively unrealistic and will 100% never happen, but it'll never stop being a wanted thing.

I would eat that shit up. Though, as evidenced by the general audience
Freeza
, challenge maps are an aside to most people so it'll never happen.

I just hope that AK has at least as much challenge maps as City had. At least with that many and the amount of characters, plus the stuff like dual play, it'll more than justify the cost of the season pass.

I would eat that shit up. Though, as evidenced by the general audience
Freeza
, challenge maps are an aside to most people so it'll never happen.

I just hope that AK has at least as much challenge maps as City had. At least with that many and the amount of characters, plus the stuff like dual play, it'll more than justify the cost of the season pass.

AK won't. It'll all be just story content. Unless they've announced challenge maps as a guaranteed.

Owzers

Old Man Logan #2 was okay, still a series i'd enjoy reading on MU but wouldn't' want to buy regularly. Random Rundown:
the book continues just to move along with very little interest in th e story. Wolverine climbed out of his area, a Thor zaps him. Creed shows up who is one of the four horsement and then Storm zaps Creed. Wolverine wakes up after he was put out and has a mundane back and forth with Emma about how his thoughts aren't possible, Creed and two other horsemen crash the party like an Age of Ultron panel and then Apocalypse shows up for the final page
The reading is as empty as the listing. Random 4/10 maybe, which is weird since i thought it was better than the last issue i gave a 5/10, but it IS random so i'm covered.

New 52 Wonder Woman #1 - #12: This is quite good. I am loving the take on all the Gods. The art is great, as is the plot. I like that the whole run is looking to be one large arc. My only problem is the dialogue. It feels like Azarello is channeling Bendis/Whedon. While the quick dialogue cuts were cute at first, I think it is taken too far. Like a movie with a great plot, screenplay, cinematography, art direction and actor performances but with shitty editing.

Need to pick up volume 3 and 4 from the library tomorrow.

Cary Nord's pencils are so sick

lYeNeGE.jpg

OnR1EF3.jpg

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone else in here just get blown away by how much art we own through all this stuff? I got a bookshelf full, that's thousands and thousands of pages, thousands of art. It's amazing. I just don't understand how it's possible, but it is.

Anyone else in here just get blown away by how much art we own through all this stuff? I got a bookshelf full, that's thousands and thousands of pages, thousands of art. It's amazing. I just don't understand how it's possible, but it is.

I'd rather not think about all of the money I've spent on this hobby...

Owzers

statues are art that live on your shelves and you don't have to take the time to open a book to look at it. It also gets dusty.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want to frame so many of my comics and collections but don't have the space or the know how

I keep looking at the absolutely beautiful cover of Chilling Sabrina #2. I can't look away.

I love owning all this art

Work has finally calmed down. Finally have a full weekend off. Time to catch up on gametrailers tabletop adventure episodes, and 3 weeks of MU and CMX comics.

It's going to take a while

Cytus is legit one of the best rythmn games i've ever played. Tons of songs, super cheap, and has the same kinda fun flow to notes that harmonix games have.

Dust will still get in, albeit much slower. I still have to dust my displays every few months.

Apply silicone on fixed joints. Enjoy your yearly cleaning day.

Shaanyboi

Banned
New 52 Wonder Woman #1 - #12: This is quite good. I am loving the take on all the Gods. The art is great, as is the plot. I like that the whole run is looking to be one large arc. My only problem is the dialogue. It feels like Azarello is channeling Bendis/Whedon. While the quick dialogue cuts were cute at first, I think it is taken too far. Like a movie with a great plot, screenplay, cinematography, art direction and actor performances but with shitty editing.

Need to pick up volume 3 and 4 from the library tomorrow.

That book was exceptional. Also Diana being a huge metalhead is too perfect lol

Zombine

Banned
Freeza collects American Girl Dolls.

Shhhhhhh spoilerz.

Guys! I just read a comic! I was on CMX buying #3-4 of Secret Six, and saw We Stand on Guard in the staff pick panel. I remembered hearing good things so I bought that too. I really liked it! Neat premise and the art was pretty sweet.

When is #2 coming?

Hagi

Then you know the threat Japan poses.

Love the avatar.

Ship girls are the cancer that will kill us all. Well until the next one that is.

Thanks Howard is my favourite book at the moment and Tam is great.

Any of y'all weaboos going to do a thread for that Marvel mangaka cover month?

Terrible idea. People will hone in on Marvels leading female team book getting a variant by a doujin artist and ignore the greatness that is Q Hayashida doing a cover for Ant-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom