• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Really not liking this new Batman story so far. It's doing nothing for me after the last few amazing arcs. I will finish it out because I believe in Snyder and Capullo but right now I am worried.
I don't like the new Batman and I am just waiting for Bruce to come back and get into the suit. Gordon just doesn't work for me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Really not liking this new Batman story so far. It's doing nothing for me after the last few amazing arcs. I will finish it out because I believe in Snyder and Capullo but right now I am worried.
I don't like the new Batman and I am just waiting for Bruce to come back and get into the suit. Gordon just doesn't work for me.

I feel like he hasn't done anything yet. I'm waiting to see how his first real battle with the new bad guy goes.

It's only two issues, Messi. He hasn't even had a real conflict yet. Just wait until Mr. Bloom shows up.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Haha I hope that means you like it!

Cons are tiring. I'll try to post up pics tomorrow if not the day after that if not prolly never

N041xIQ.jpg

2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ.gif

Shut it down. Miles won.
:eek:

New home screen!

Don't even care if it's appropriation or not anymore or w/e you win marvel

Hagi

I think it's going to happen sooner rather than later. I expected Snyder to tease things out for a while but nope both the issues ended in ways I didn't expect. I like G mans out of mech bat suit, black and yellow without a cape is cool.

Patiently waiting for Damian to show up.

Messi

Black Canary #2 very stylish, interestingish characters and ok framework for a story right now. Annie Wu is killing it on art. I'd buy this book just for her art. In first at least the first arc. Enjoyed it.

I think it's going to happen sooner rather than later. I expected Snyder to tease things out for a while but nope both the issues ended in ways I didn't expect. I like G mans out of mech bat suit, black and yellow without a cape is cool.

Patiently waiting for Damian to show up.

Bruce will put the suit back on in issue 50.

Black Canary #2 very stylish, interestingish characters and ok framework for a story right now. Annie Wu is killing it on art. I'd buy this book just for her art. In first at least the first arc. Enjoyed it.

I'm really curious to see where they go with this; seems like they're going to make some fairly significant additions to BC's backstory.

Yeah I'm loving the art too. Interested to see where it's going as well, I like the band thing they have going on quite a bit. Makes for a fun dynamic.
Well... I just now figured out that it's a face, so.....

It's Marcus from Deadly Class!

Savitar

Messi, pretty sure your a red head kinda lover.

Frank Cho does nice images.

He did one of Mary Jane.

There is red.

Not much else.

Have fun.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really curious to see where they go with this; seems like they're going to make some fairly significant additions to BC's backstory.

I don't really know anything about her backstory outside of what I've seen in the TV shows and cartoons, but I love what their doing. And the art does make it almost worth it alone.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, Sleeper is so good. It's just the perfect Brubaker book, in my opinion.
I'm absolutely loving this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else watch Justice League Gods and Monsters?

I thought it was good-ish. I like the different origin stories that they gave to the big three, but it wasn't Batman Under the Red Hood good.

Are Fatale, Velvet or The Fade Out good? I loved Brubaker on Criminal and Sleeper, but I haven't read anything by him in a long time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
but Criminal tho

Don't get me wrong, I thought Criminal was good, but besides The Last of the Innocent, it never really clicked on a "Hot damn this is some top tier comics" level. It was just some enjoyable reading. I have no idea why and I definitely plan to do a re-read of it sometime to see if I enjoy it more, but yeah. Sleeper is just really doing it for me.

Brubaker/Phillips the GOAT creative team.

Are Fatale, Velvet or The Fade Out good? I loved Brubaker on Criminal and Sleeper, but I haven't read anything by him in a long time.

Velvet and Fade Out are amazing. Two of my favorite ongoings. Need to check out Fatale, but they haven't announced the second OHC.

The first two more than the third. I lost interest in the Fade Out after three or four issues. But that may be due to reading the entirety of Brubaker and Philips most classic team-up - Criminal. Because it's very similar. Fatale is kind of like Criminal with a paranormal twist.

Messi

Messi, pretty sure your a red head kinda lover.

Frank Cho does nice images.

He did one of Mary Jane.

There is red.

Not much else.

Have fun.

Meh, it's well drawn. Suppose that's the best I can say about it without saying more.

Black Widow 18 & 19. Finally wrapping up the last arc and moving into the last days of Black Widow arc. Noto continues to draw the shit out of this book. The writing is so so but is serviceable. Still would like to see Nat unwind a bit more but we got a small bit of that here. Didn't last long though. Loved the last days issue. I
t was a cool story about Nats time in the red room and a mission to Cuba. Interested in seeing how it all plays out. That final twist was so obvious though. That girl has adopted the new life. Time to pop her.
. Again, noto killed it, the Cuba stuff in particular was so good looking. His Sam Wilson looks so old though lol.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Brubaker/Phillips the GOAT creative team.

Velvet and Fade Out are amazing. Two of my favorite ongoings. Need to check out Fatale, but they haven't announced the second OHC.

The first two more than the third. I lost interest in the Fade Out after three or four issues. But that may be due to reading the entirety of Brubaker and Philips most classic team-up - Criminal. Because it's very similar. Fatale is kind of like Criminal with a paranormal twist.

I'll have to check them out at some point. Brubaker was one of my first favorite writers, but I lost track of him when he went Indie only.

Messi

Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #2. Dope dope dope. One of my favorite tie ins to secret Wars. David Lopez is doing great work as always (he is the best artist Kelly Sues cap has ever had). Story is simple but well written, characters are strong (I will say a lot of that comes from knowing the corps from the previous run). I am curious to see where it goes because it seems to have a simple end that could lead to a fist pumping ending. I'd love to see Kelly Sue nail the ending to this series as it is her end with Captain Marvel. I know her run is not popular here but I love it, so if your tastes fall in line with mine you could do worse than picking up these two issues.

Messi

Is it full of girly hijinks, Messi?

It's captain marvel and her squad trying to
uncover a secret plan by her superiors and I assume doom. They have been told the sky is not endless but they want to get outside of the limits and see what is out there.

It's a captain marvel book, you know what you are getting. I am tightening up the Hijinks definition. This ain't it. It's just a cool story about strong women.

Really dug the first issue of The Wicked + The Divine, does it hold up? Debating grabbing the floppies from midtown

Eh, I'm on the verge of dropping it at this point. I haven't really been enjoying the last few issues. There was a major WTF-moment in #9 (I think), and it's just been downhill from there.

I thought the book was quite enjoyable up until that point, though.

Vyer

Caught up with More Than Meets The Eye. No joke, issue #41 might be one of my favorite comics I've read this year.

Haha I hope that means you like it!

=l

Oh, it's awesome. just really don't know if I'm gonna make it. :(

Really dug the first issue of The Wicked + The Divine, does it hold up? Debating grabbing the floppies from midtown

I gave it about 3 or 4 issues, but it didn't hold up for me.

Messi

So Sean Gordon Murphy is a wizard right? His art in Chrononauts is unbelievable at all times. I just read #3 and he deserves so much credit for that time hopping scene. Fun book btw

keiichi

I've read a lot of Criminal, and Sleeper was the bomb.com. I just missed all of his newer stuff.

Opinions vary. I dig it, but some people feel that there's a lot of set up with not enough follow through.

The second arc is a drag but it ends strong if it hasn't lost you.

It lost me.

Eh, I'm on the verge of dropping it at this point. I haven't really been enjoying the last few issues. There was a major WTF-moment in #9 (I think), and it's just been downhill from there.

I thought the book was quite enjoyable up until that point, though.

i think it does

but

a lot of people don't

so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes. The second arc just started to pick up

I gave it about 3 or 4 issues, but it didn't hold up for me.

Thanks for the thoughts, I might give the first arc a shot and see how it goes.

Owzers

who are you people!

what if we are all the same person just with different personalities like in the movie Messi hasn't seen.

I thought you responded to yourself for a moment. I always get you guys confused.

I get them confused even when they don't say the same thing

how

Anyways, just finished up the Hollow Earth story in BPRD and it was pretty fun! Ryan Sook did a good job on art duties and Mignola, as always, makes the dialogue and story very enjoyable. So happy that there's so much of this stuff for me to read, I love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom