• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

edit: welp you done fucked up now, Cyclops

scottstorm.png

black-dynamite-you-done-fucked-up-now.gif

How long ago was this? I have a Claremont Omnibus sitting on my shelf I need to read.

^Hagi this is back in the early 80s, Uncanny X-Men 150-165 kinda stuff. I'm pretty sure its in the second omnibus?

Happy birthday Zombine you rich bastard

sorry to keep spamming X-men panels here, but in another hilarious "Xavier is a Jerk" sequence, he tells Illyana telepaths should never just go looking into people's minds without permission.

Then the very next panel he's looking into her mind without permission.

XavierTelepathy1.jpg

XavierTelepathy2.jpg

Messi

That looks really nice. I'll check it out once it's completed if it reads well.

It's just a shame how we have all of these rad and different creative teams for SW but not for ANAD.

Marguerite Bennett is staying on Angela post Secret Wars. You should check out the first series she did for Angela pre SW it was great and also had lovely art.

ANADM_Angela_QueenHel.jpg

Stephanie Hans is also coming back from the previous run

It's a different and great book.

Hagi

Posting that gif makes me want a grind house style What If? where the reason Ororo and T'challa broke up was because she cheated on him with Scott which leads to T'Challa going on a rampage fighting 88 mutants on the lawns of Xavier Mansion before taking on Scott in a fight to the death.

I'd call it Kill Scott:A story of what T'challa did last Tuesday.

^Hagi this is back in the early 80s, Uncanny X-Men 150-165 kinda stuff. I'm pretty sure its in the second omnibus?

Hmmm I should probably buy it now before it goes OOP like the first volume has. Shame they don't seem to be doing any more volumes past two.

What else can I do? I tell you it is great. If you don't like or want Secret Wars titles then disregard my post. Some legit great work is being done in these books.

I'm not sure if you're offended, but don't be. I'm just being facetious.

Does the title stand well on its own without having a clue
or caring about
what's going on in SW?

Messi

I'm not sure if you're offended, but don't be. I'm just being facetious.

Does the title stand well on its own without having a clue
or caring about
what's going on in SW?

I'm not and yeah. Most of the tie ins hinge on just 'don't talk shit about Doom'. Other than that they are telling their own stories.

Marguerite Bennett is staying on Angela post Secret Wars. You should check out the first series she did for Angela pre SW it was great and also had lovely art.
Stephanie Hans is also coming back from the previous run

It's a different and great book.

I flipped through the first issue of it and I thought the art was great but the writing didn't really hook me. Maybe I'll give the relaunch another shot but I'm not particularly interested in the character if I'm being honest.

Messi

I flipped through the first issue of it and I thought the art was great but the writing didn't really hook me. Maybe I'll give the relaunch another shot but I'm not particularly interested in the character if I'm being honest.

If you don't like Angela or her character I cant see it doing anything for you. The book depends on you caring about her and her quest.

Comic continuity is so overwhelming
Man, it feels great to wake up and be like "Can't wait to read more comics today."

Feels good to be back in the game.
Good to see you're still loyal to the game as always
Umbrella Academy Apocalypse Suite: That was awesome. It felt very Doom Patroley without actually reading like a tribute comic. Great art and very interesting characters and "family" dynamic. Maybe because it is the first arc, it felt like the villains were underdeveloped and, as you WWF kids say, jobbers. Hope that improves in the next volume.
Though I guess Vanya was supposed to be "villain" of this arc.
The real villain was Hargreeves' parenting
I want to say it came out two weeks ago.
This is my punishment for not putting it in my pullbox and then somehow missing it.
Given that they're referring to it as something completely different and that they said you can use all the characters, I'm pretty hopeful.
I'm coming after you if it isn't

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be one thing if
that happened right after the incident. It didn't though. It happened like, a day or so afterwards. It's completely and utterly a thing.

I just feel like it's so easy to buy back.
Just have Hope tell him it was a mistake, and have Scott make jokes about it. Problem solved.

Savitar

Am I the only one who feels that Angela really hasn't worked as a Marvel character? They've done their best to put her into what they do but it feels like they're trying to hammer a square into a round hole.

Zombine

Banned
Am I the only one who feels that Angela really hasn't worked as a Marvel character? They've done their best to put her into what they do but it feels like they're trying to hammer a square into a round hole.

As long as they continue to create stories I enjoy with the GOAT Spawn character I'll be happy.

Hagi

Only thing I didn't like was tying her to Asgard, felt like a cheap way to introduce her but apart from that her book has been pretty cool so whatever.

I went to the store to get the second and third BPRD HCs...

I could only find the second :'( settled with paperback for the third because I am weak

Messi

I went to the store to get the second and third BPRD HCs...

I could only find the second :'( settled with paperback for the third because I am weak

giphy.gif

But now they won't look right on the shelf bro. What are you doing :(

I bought Monster Black Zero Ultra. It was black cherry flavored. Shit was hype.

Owzers

tis why i bought all 4 frognibus BPRDs during the cmx sale, if i think i will like something and the price is okay i get t hem all so i don't have to wait for the next sale. Only got the first Rabbit Samurai Saga volume though because i figure it's 600 pages and that will take forever.

But now they won't look right on the shelf bro. What are you doing :(

I bought Monster Black Zero Ultra. It was black cherry flavored. Shit was hype.

The third hardcover is out of print as far as I can tell. Not on IST and Amazon has it for ~$130. It's a shame but I'll live. It adds... character to my shelf.

Messi

The third hardcover is out of print as far as I can tell. Not on IST and Amazon has it for ~$130. It's a shame but I'll live. It adds... character to my shelf.

I know that feeling. I hate when one volume goes out of print. It happened to American Vampire too.

Owzers

I know that feeling. I hate when one volume goes out of print. It happened to American Vampire too.

ugh.....i have volume 1-4 hardcovers and have been waiting around to buy more until i actually read it. vol 5 seems to be hard to find. It's probably going to get Deluxe Editions by the time i read it.

You should read the OG Quantum and Woody series from the 90s.
Some of Christopher Priest's best work.

I'm looking at either the omni or the TPBs rereleases. Looks like the first TPB got pushed back to January or some shit though, even though the other releases are coming up. Kinda weird.

wow, my IST order is out for delivery. This is the fastest I've gotten one of these this year. Order last week Thursday, shipped Monday, arrived Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom