• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IST has been quite good for me lately for the most part. I had an order placed on the 30th of June and it shipped the very next day. I've had a couple other orders ship within 2-3 days. Of course, I had a recent order of the newish No Man's Land paperback collections that took 10 days to ship, seemingly because they had to find the last copy of volume 2 since it's unavailable now. Delivery itself tends to always be 4-5 days except the times it gets sent FedEx.

IST has been quite good for me lately for the most part. I had an order placed on the 30th of June and it shipped the very next day. I've had a couple other orders ship within 2-3 days. Of course, I had a recent order of the newish No Man's Land paperback collections that took 10 days to ship, seemingly because they had to find the last copy of volume 2 since it's unavailable now. Delivery itself tends to always be 4-5 days except the times it gets sent FedEx.

No such luck over here. I remember I had two orders incoming, 4 days apart. Even though they were a few days apart, somehow both got misrouted when they reached Denver - which is literally the last stop before it gets to my city. All in all, it took like 20 days to get the first one, 16 to get the second one.

I know this is mostly USPS, but how come this shit only happens with IST packages?

I really need to buy all of New Mans Land... I really love the concept behind it.

I read the first collection, but I feel like it got weighed down by all the tie-ins. It's a huge story with a lot of moving parts, which I like, but it was often like "ugh here comes another Azrael story". Never got around to ordering the second one.

if you love the X-Men, you're gonna love The Inhumans

please

please love them

come on please

I do love the Inhumans, actually. I've always thought they were sorta cool, but I never really read anything about them. I picked up the first trade of the most recent series and have been reading all of the Inhuman focused books. Next up is Marvel Knights Inhumans, as soon as that book comes in. I've read:

The Origins of the Inhumans
The Inhumans By Right of Birth
Inhumanity
Inhuman

So yeah, I genuinely dig the Inhumans. Currently reading Attilan Rising and I plan on reading Uncanny Inhumans (I have issue #0).

How can I not love this:

5fpkwq.jpg

its working Alonso!

Like, you joke, but I genuinely don't see anything wrong with them. Though I do think that maybe they haven't been used in the right way (I think the best comparison I saw was to the New Gods), the most recent series definitely tapped into that and I think the Inhumans could really go places.

Though why they're trying to do some "Uncanny Avengers" thing with them now (by having Johnny Storm and Beast on the team with them) seems super stupid. I wouldn't want the Inhumans to replace anything, especially mutants, and I don't see that happening, honestly.

Time for a Freeza catch-up post!

Marguerite Bennett is staying on Angela post Secret Wars. You should check out the first series she did for Angela pre SW it was great and also had lovely art.

I love Angela. I wish all books had Angela in them.

Want this now!

VKbVyHQ.jpg

oh man, is that Wonder Woman Earth One? I want to live there.

Print. Those hardcovers are legit.

I'll always go physical for collected editions. Though I'm probably going to cut down on the books I buy trades for.

My wife just sent me a text that she wants to check out an Image book in August called The Beauty. Anyone ever heard of it?

I think I read something about that the other day. It's about a world where attractiveness is like an STD? So most people are good-looking. They're also saying it's going to come with a branded condom. For real.

Am I the only one who feels that Angela really hasn't worked as a Marvel character? They've done their best to put her into what they do but it feels like they're trying to hammer a square into a round hole.

Well, they are technically shoe-horning an Image character into the Marvel U. I did like how they initially kept the whole "I'm from Heaven" thing going when they introduced her right after AoU.

wow, my IST order is out for delivery. This is the fastest I've gotten one of these this year. Order last week Thursday, shipped Monday, arrived Saturday.

Mine still hasn't shipped. Hellboy Library Editions must be rare. Maybe Dark Horse has to go hunt down the materials and craft them.

Any comi gaffers play rocket league? I'd like to play.

Nah man, I'm playing Journey and Bastion right now. And getting ready for Life is Strange Episode 4 next week. HYPE!

if you love the X-Men, you're gonna love The Inhumans

Inhumans are poor-man's X-Men. I like some of them, but on the whole, they just aren't as appealing.

Like, the thing with the Inhumans is I really like the concept and the characters more than the execution. The thing that I've always felt Inhumans have over X-men for me is that the X-Men have always been about mutants dealing with the outside world. Sure, you have some in-fighting from time to time, but that primarily boils down to three different philosophies: we should hide (Morlocks); we should rule (Brotherhood; we should help (X-Men). All this has made for an interesting dynamic. The thing I've never been fond of is the cosmic aspect of the X-Men, which I feel Inhumans excels at and should focus on.

Inhumans should essentially be a cosmic Game of Thrones, bringing the two most unique aspects of the Inhumans together: the immensely varying philosophies of the Inhumans towards not only humans, but themselves. How the Terrigen Mist should be utilized, the different warring factions (Attilan, Ennilux, Lash's group, etc.). Then you have Attilan's Royal Family drama in and of itself, with Maximus, Black Bolt, and the Unspoken One all vying for the throne.

Bottom line: it's really really cool, and has some really good characters attached to it (especially after the Bomb), but the execution hasn't exactly been there. I will keep reading until it does hit, and then I'll keep reading.

Inhumans should essentially be a cosmic Game of Thrones, bringing the two most unique aspects of the Inhumans together: the immensely varying philosophies of the Inhumans towards not only humans, but themselves. How the Terrigen Mist should be utilized, the different warring factions (Attilan, Ennilux, Lash's group, etc.). Then you have Attilan's Royal Family drama in and of itself, with Maximus, Black Bolt, and the Unspoken One all vying for the throne.

It actually does make them seem more interesting when you put that spin on it.

TheStig88

Ps4. Just got it today so I am terrible lol but it's fun.
That's OK, I can carry you to victory.
Nah, I'm pretty awful too
. teh_stig88 if you want to add me. Usually sneak in an hour or so a day if the servers aren't being booty. Best $0 I've ever spent on a game.

The multiplayer is cross-platform, IIRC. If there was interest in ComicGAF games I would definitely buy it.
It is, but I don't think you can party cross-platform yet though.

I've played it a little but i suck big time lol It's really fun though, better than Fifa!

Still trying to get a game in the Street Fighter V beta...
I tried once last night and said forget it. I'm just going to wait until things smooth over.

TheStig88

When Amazon delivers you the book and your all excited but then you noticed the spine is bent and fucked up:
I have multiple copies of Sunstone 1 and 2 thanks to their quality shipping and overall handling (they let me keep the damaged and sent replacements). I mean I guess that's not really a bad thing, but still, never again if I can avoid it.

Owzers

two years after buying the Catwoman statue i am now thinking about trying to paint the small spot on her right goggle that didn't get painted.....

This can only end in disaster. I even bought a gloss finish thing to match the shiny. Doomed.

I tend to avoid ordering books from Amazon when I can. They tend to toss them in a box with very little (or no) packing material.
I usually get good quality books delivered from them with the exception of Udon books which that's not Amazon that's just Udon's poor quality. There not all perfect but the damage isn't as severe as the one I have now. Pieces of the spine are coming off the edges, WTF.
I have multiple copies of Sunstone 1 and 2 thanks to their quality shipping and overall handling (they let me keep the damaged and sent replacements). I mean I guess that's not really a bad thing, but still, never again.

I rarely ask for refunds and replacements from Amazon so that's what I'll probably just do.

AsfaeksBR

I tend to avoid ordering books from Amazon when I can. They tend to toss them in a box with very little (or no) packing material.

I was scared to order from them because of hearing this A LOT, and also because my package would come with 2 boxes and one loose magazine inside. But, incredibly, it came perfect with a lot of bubble paper protecting them.

My order of East of West Apocalypse Year One didn't go through on IST because the dollar skyrocket this week, so I'll wait a little more and get it next month. WIll probably pick it on Amazon though, since it'll deliver faster and a few bucks cheaper.

Hagi

I tried once last night and said forget it. I'm just going to wait until things smooth over.

I don't even know why I'm trying because I'm utter shit at Street Fighter but damn it looks so good.

I've never had many problems with Amazon. They always seem to package my orders pretty well. This is the UK Amazon I'm talking about though.

UK Amazon seems to run on some kind of pact with the devil because every time I order something it's sent in one of those cardboard slip things and I'm always expecting books to get damaged but yet they never do..

Owzers

How small of a spot are we talking here?

I circled it in yellow, everything is going to be okay. I've learned nothing from my failures at touching up the wonder woman statue. It would be a lot easier if DC listed what paints they used, if i paint it and it doesn't match up well enough...

Hagi

I ain't got time for no IST I pay enough exorbitant custom charges as it is plus I'm kind of addicted to this buy something online and get it the next day culture we have going.

Mine still hasn't shipped. Hellboy Library Editions must be rare. Maybe Dark Horse has to go hunt down the materials and craft them.

I think if you order after a certain time on Wednesdays, forget about it shipping out that week. lol My order from Wednesday night (including the Hellboy LE) is still in not picked or scanned status.

When Amazon delivers you the book and your all excited but then you noticed the spine is bent and fucked up:

ordering hardcovers from Amazon

IN 2015

I'll send it back as many times I fucking have to to get a good condition one.

Calcium

Banned
I circled it in yellow, everything is going to be okay. I've learned nothing from my failures at touching up the wonder woman statue. It would be a lot easier if DC listed what paints they used, if i paint it and it doesn't match up well enough...

I don't even notice it in the first picture. Does it really bother you that much that you'd risk trying to touch it up? How often do you really look at it close up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom