• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is bizarre now. We're all talking new image projects and we have zennyzz on a tape delay stream from events on Monday

Can't wait for more Rucka books. I'll buy anything he writes.

zennyzz

Yo, Is that Old Clint and Kate?

But there's a young Clint in New Avengers...

Is that Old Man Clint?!

Why is Jessica pregnant?

Zombine

Banned
So, American Vampire: Second Cycle. I'm under the assumption that this will be way better when it's collected. The story picked up where it left off like 3 months ago and It wasn't bad at all, but I didn't care because I forgot what happened.

So, American Vampire: Second Cycle. I'm under the assumption that this will be way better when it's collected. The story picked up where it left off like 3 months ago and It wasn't bad at all, but I didn't care because I forgot what happened.

I still haven't read the new issue yet. It's been like this for the last few issues. I just don't care all that much. There was a time when AV would be one of the first things in the stack that would get read.

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to my GF's Grandparent's lake house with her, her brother, and her Grandparents. Before I go I managed to get my comics this week read. So damn good. Man since the end of convergence DC has been firing on all cylinders overall. Bizarro and Bat-mite have been so good. Quirky funny, out of continuity stories, Funny stuff.

I'm really excited to see where the "Truth" storyline ends up going, AC42 was so damn good. I think overall they've locked onto some good teams. I hope they stay like this for a bit except for Aquaman, Batgirl, and Flash. Those either need whole new teams, or new writers NOW.

Zombine

Banned
I still haven't read the new issue yet. It's been like this for the last few issues. I just don't care all that much. There was a time when AV would be one of the first things in the stack that would get read.

What really killed me was how the dude changed his technique when drawing Second Cycle. He like...shades everything in with pencils now and it's pretty jarring when even looking at the pages to buy them.

Here's a Mad Max piece that Albuquerque did:
tumblr_nov0f0n7461tee1sho5_1280.jpg

And one by Frison:

That's the main book for next week. Holy crap I'm stupid excited for that book. I've never read it.
It's great. One of my all time favorite series. Now full disclosure be prepared the first volume is black & white and a "bit" more standard comic fare. Then from vol 2 he starts adding colors, painting and all sorts of styles into his books.

Vol 1 was his college project. And it's fascinating to watch his style evolve. Later volumes take time to read because he integrates the words and the art in crazy awesome ways.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dat avatar quote lol. Magik keeps delivering, ty based Bachalo
and Psych

Marvel undid Spidey's marriage in OMD, DC editors wouldn't let JHWIII have Batwoman get married

Ouch. That Bateman stuff is one of the things I would love to read one day, I just love her design. Was the actual comic / run good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom