• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's read comic books tonight. You all go first. And no more Secret Wars spoilers :/

Yes, let's all read Usagi Yojimbo because it is pure genius.

We get full page part like this.

6kOTQV9.jpg

An amazing story told with a fixed camera perspective in 8x3 panels and minimal dialogue.

And a funny story with cute lizard creatures with no dialogue.

And Leonardo-san.

Zombine

Banned
Yes, let's all read Usagi Yojimbo because it is pure genius.

We get full page part like this.

An amazing story told with a fixed camera perspective in 8x3 panels and minimal dialogue.

And a funny story with cute lizard creatures with no dialogue.

And Leonardo-san.

Mmmm Usagi Yojimbo...fucking stellar.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the general opinion on Reyes Ghost Rider?

Besides the gorgeous art, obv.

Starts ok and turns to complete shit. And that's coming from me, "he who has no standards and likes everything"

I think they have three of them out right now. How many of the TPBs does each one of those beasts contain?

I am not sure how the TPBs are broken up. I am even having some trouble demarcating "chapters" in the book. There is a large variation in the length of each story.

My plan is to read each of these omnibuses as they come out. And then also get the Fantagraphics box set that comes out later in the year. (Chronologically, that box set happens before the first Dark Horse omnibus but it isn't essential to read it first).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also the gorgeous art only lasts like 6 issues or whatever it was, the replacement tries to be similar but...yeah...

zennyzz

Also, is that every Marvel book now, officially?

And if not

Marvel, Magic User team up book.

Do that and you're the real MVP.

Hrm

Secret Wars Journal 2 managed to have two very nice stories.

Secret Wars 2099 2 managed to continue being absurdly uninteresting. Also, that hulk design *did not* age well at all.

Rhaknar

Hrm

Secret Wars Journal 2 managed to have two very nice stories.

Secret Wars 2099 2 managed to continue being absurdly uninteresting. Also, that hulk design *did not* age well at all.

Hulk 2099 you mean? If so, I was never a fan

Loki 15

Like, how does he manage it? Ragnarok? Balls to the walls action? Odin with a vulcan? Sure son, you can have that, but i`ll also tell you the story of Verity Willis, and i assure you: you'll find it more interesting.

Axis #7 - I hate Axis

Chin up, boy. It gets worse.

So re-reading the description of the Invincible reboot, it probably isn't an actual reboot. For one, the teaser image says "Reboot?" And the storyline indicates that Mark is going to have the opportunity to travel into the past to a key moment (singular). So maybe he realized the mistake he made by
not marrying Dupli-Kate instead.
Either way, it seems like tjis is just a new storyline that's going to change some established things.

Zombine

Banned
So re-reading the description of the Invincible reboot, it probably isn't an actual reboot. For one, the teaser image says "Reboot?" And the storyline indicates that Mark is going to have the opportunity to travel into the past to a key moment (singular). So maybe he realized the mistake he made by
not marrying Dupli-Kate instead.

I can picture the next issue directly after it:

"Great place to start!"

Zombine

Banned
My only issue with where Invincible went is that basically after
shit hit the fan and just about everyone died and eve had her leg ripped off, they left Earth and were like "Hey man! Isnt it awesome being a happy family? Oh shit, Eve is upset about something, she's gonna make this face again:

latest

Rhaknar

Amazing X-Men #14 - even tho its a Axis tie in I liked this. Good Mystique tries to stop evil Nightcrawler from killing some folk. I'm a big Kurt fan (Mystique is alright aswell) so this was easy to enjoy. Nice art too.

Ms.Marvel #10 - awesome issue with Kamala finally facing the Inventor. Dat art, my god. This book doesn't work without Alphona imo. And Lockjaw should be a permanent sidekick, they are too cute together.

My only issue with where Invincible went is that basically after
shit hit the fan and just about everyone died and eve had her leg ripped off, they left Earth and were like "Hey man! Isnt it awesome being a happy family? Oh shit, Eve is upset about something, she's gonna make this face again:

Eh, Mark made the right call. He was like, "You know what, fuck this shit." Let Robot take over Earth. But man, that Anissa thing....

Zombine

Banned
Eh, Mark made the right call. He was like, "You know what, fuck this shit." Let Robot take over Earth. But man, that Anissa thing....

Let me paraphrase that whole ordeal:

"So yeah...that whole rape thing? I kinda enjoyed it."

I called that shit from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom